Home

New Mini Sets: Universe Huge and Champions of the Force

Katarn07

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I agree 100%. Solo was, is, and may always be my favorite good guy. I liked Luke better in RotJ for some reason. The scoundrel in Solo vanished and he became more of a gentleman. I guess he didn't wanna blow his second chance to hook up with Leia? I dunno.... Alec's Obi was always a great guy, but Ewan did good showing how he too was once like Luke (as he tells Yoda in ESB) and how he matured to be the guy we knew. Very well done character development, while I may disagree with some of the other things in the PT.

Yah Obi, maul, Dooku...and a few other things were the best part of PT, we both know we have our problems with it.... Nothing beats Han... and that classic bad ass quote. "your taun taun will freeze before you reach the 3rd marker"

and mr basass says "then ill see you in hell!"

Love him.

There's a Nute Gunray mini now. I hope he's VR so if I pull him, he's worth trading away for someone I'd rather have :p He's got a great sculpt and paint job though. Can't complain there.

I'm not getting the whole set. Just Original Trilogy and post Original Trilogy EU. Haven't decided on the Vong. I want them, just not as much as all the others.

Don't let admin Kurgan see you say that. He thinks it's as bad as blasphemy! At least he agrees on them changing his voice for the DVD was dumb.

Yeah, I read three of the NJO novels. They're not my favorite, but I do like how the Jedi aren't all poweful against them. They're the Borg of SW.

Yeah, I am not a big fan of the PT era EU stuff. Too much to absorb. They have too much stuff going on and now that I'm older, don't have time. I do have a few novels. Darth Maul Shadow Hunter (Darth Maul kicking ass!) and Rogue Planet (which sets the stage for NJO with the Vong sneaking in and stuff and has a very young Tarkin and the dude the dude that designed the TIEs and stuff, forgot his name....)

OT EU was done in a lot less force and had 20 years to do it so they seemed to take their time and I was able to take my time. I've read quite a bit. X-Wing books are by far my favorite series. Stackpole kicks ass. He needs to do some Kyle novels.

I have Rougue Planet, but yah i never got into PT EU, just OT.

Zahn is still one of ym favorites. But my absolute favorite EU book (not couning the dark forces ones ofcourse...they are just awsome) is Shadows Of The Empire. And the book where Boba and Vader face off, i forget which seriees it was in, it was also in a comic.

X-Wing definately is. Some of them are packed with politics that bored me when I was little, but I think you're old enough to enjoy the slow parts as well as the action. Stackpole's writing kicks ass. You feel as if you're in the dogfight with Rogue Squadron ;) Plus, Wedge Antilles is the star and this series is what lanched that minor character into stardom for fanboys. Another main character, Corran Horn, is first introduced. He later becomes a Jedi Master in the New Jedi Order and he's a great character.

There is a three part series based off of the game, Jedi Knight. The first tells of how Kyle ends up with the Rebels and it ends with level one of the first game. The second two tell the tale of Jedi Knight with stuff you don't see in the game.

It's been 6 or so years since I read the DF series. I wish they'd write more starring Kyle instead of basing them off stories we knew from the games. Still, the stories are short and decent. The illustrations in the last one are amazing. Don't recall the first two and I know they had different illustrators.

Yeah, it was Dorman. I know the name because he did a whole bunch of SW art in the mid/ late '90s.

I don't own many SW books. Just a few. I got Splinter of the Mind's Eye from '77. First EU thing ever and written before George finished the script for ESB. It's ok. It only cost $.25 so I took it. I also have TPM novel, Rogue Planet, and Darth Maul Shadow Hunter. All my other SW books are reference materials like visual dictionaries, cross sections, essential guides, or the encyclopedia itself.

Yah i have alot of guides and essentials, but i have TPM, AOTC, and ROTS movie books. Rougue planet, all 3 of the kyle katarn books. Some Bounty Hunter and cantina books, SOTE, a couple NJO books, ...i dont even rememebr the other books. I know i have book with Kyp Durron and Corran Horn and such.

Jedi Academy Trilogy by Kevin Anderson most likely if it's not NJO.

I want to get all the reference books. I need the cross sections for RotS and the other 'Incredible Worlds' ones. I got AotC for Xmas. I'd love the OT one. The others I'd just like to have to make my collection of books complete.

I always borrowed books from a friend. He had all the X-Wing books and stuff as well as other good books like Crichton and what not. The last thing I read was the Narnia books which I bought. Before that? Halo and Indiana Jones :p

Archived