Home

samandmax dot com

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really interesting=)

hm but is it new? how long dose that page already exist?

I never saw it before ... so i hope it's new=)

The source-code looks interesting...

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>

<title>SPUDVISION</title>

<meta name="author" content="Jamie Baker" />

<meta name="revisit-after" content="14 days" />

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<meta name="netinsert" content="0.0.1.1.14.1" />

<meta name="title" content="spudvision" />

<meta name="expire" content="2050-01-01" />

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="folio/style/style.css" />

</head>

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" class="shape3">

<table width="99%" height="99%" border="0" bordercolor="red" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<tr>

<td align="center" width="100%">

SAM and MAX</td>

</tr>

</table>

</body>

</html>

Like there would be more... and who is Jamie Baker?

jamie baker seem to be musician ... and i found this page

http://www.jamesbaker.biz/ also a james(jamie)baker... don't know if it's the same...

and i found this: http://www.maverixstudios.com/blog/auctionlist.html

Steve Purcell Sam and Max Page and Blue Book Jamie Baker

Steve Purcell Sam and Max Page and Moon Book Rob Gibbs

Steve Purcell Nina Painting (after del Carmen) Ronnie Del Carmen

i think Jamie Baker is just a FAN of Sam&Max... and the page isn't new... but who knows...

• 4 weeks later...

In recent email to Steve Purcell that I sent, just basically telling him that I admired him as an artist and such, he responded saying a new comic shoudl come out soon, as well as an official website, dunno if this ties in, but jsut felt like sharing.

I really wish he would do the Spudvision thing already... or maybe a lengthy Toybox book would be awesome.

Really I think he should fight for reprints of his stuff... both a new collection and a DVD of the cartoon. Other cartoonists advocate to keep their stuff alive, while most don't seem to care or have the right.

Maybe Steve P.'s apathetic, or maybe he's on a strenuous schedule. It would be cool if he would actually post on the message board just one time, because in the history of this whole community, he hasn't done so once.

Anyways, what sucks is that a lot of retarded cartoons get released on DVD everyday, while most of the classics and my favorites are either missing or horribly done.

I recently bought the 3 tapes off eBay, and converted them onto my comp. I have been in talks with Nelvena lately, and described the Sam and Max situation, among the web. I am trying to find out how expensive it would be to acquire the rights for the TV show, so I could get those extra episodes that are practically impossible to get. My plans were to sell them, at assembly price on eBay, since I don't have the rights to them.

Now, if only Laserschwert would let me use his wonderful DVD cover he created for his Sam and Max copy....

SamMaxDVDCoverPrev.jpg

SamMaxDVDInlayPrev.jpg

--------------------------

-------------------------

Here's an email I sent to my friend at Nelvena, and later, I sent this to Steve Purcell.

------------------------

Hello,

My name is Scott and I was wondering about the Sam and Max Freelance Police cartoon that once aired back in the 90’s. Well, I don’t know if you know, but recently, LucasArts wanted to create a sequel a year ago to their first Sam and Max game. They ended up canceling it, and that infuriated at least 30,000 people to start a petition to save the game. It was ill-fated, as it caused the suits at LucasArts to turn their back on the adventure genre of games.

Anyways, I was wondering on the rights of the television show, and there are online communities that are clamoring for the show to come to DVD, especially the episodes that only aired once, or never due to “graphic nature” but that was what the show was about, and what the fans wanted. The fans really want the show on DVD, and especially since you are releasing a grouping of DVDs this fall, including the fantastic Clone High, we ask that you all remember your older shows, and push for those to be brought to DVD.

Steve Purcell was very frustrated with LucasArts’ decision to cancel that game, and his rights return to him this May for him to take his characters off to new publishers, such as TellTale Games and others who desperately want his intellectual properties. Even releasing the Sam and Max DVD with the most certain “to be picked up” Sam and Max 2 game, would be a great idea, as to hit the market with as much Sam and Max material as you can. That would probably be the best time to market the DVD, anyways.

------------------

I would really like to get those extra episodes.

Apparently, Brushguy has the extra episodes, but claims they are not in great condition in this old thread we once had.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125699

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to start a "Release the Sam and Max series on DVD" petition or poll or something?

30,000 petitioned the game, there's got to be at least a 10th of those people who would also like a dvd of the series.

At the very least, it was just tell Nelvena that there's interest.

• 4 weeks later...
Once he told me that the TV show was getting top ratings and that he has no idea why it was cancelled. Does this sound plausible?

thats because homophobic parents thought S&M were gay, idiots.

remember on the old forum, someone posted "sam and max are ****ing gay, you are gay" over and over? do you think a teenager, or a little kid would bother writing something like that? it was more likeley the work of an ignorant parent, the same ones that would have wrote fox countless letters saying to get it off the air.

if you ask me, making S&M a kids show was dumb, its not even a comic for kids, it should have been geared towards an older audiance, like the simpsons or family guy.

thats because homophobic parents thought S&M were gay, idiots.

remember on the old forum, someone posted "sam and max are ****ing gay, you are gay" over and over? do you think a teenager, or a little kid would bother writing something like that? it was more likeley the work of an ignorant parent, the same ones that would have wrote fox countless letters saying to get it off the air.

if you ask me, making S&M a kids show was dumb, its not even a comic for kids, it should have been geared towards an older audiance, like the simpsons or family guy.

teenagers and little kids can be homophobes and idiots too

If that's really why fox cancelled the show though, then it was a terrible crime. I always just assumed that fox kids made it a habit of of cancelling every good show they ever get. Either that or I just figured that most kids who watched saturday morning cartoons have bad taste. Kids are probably the worst thing to happen to animation in general.

I doubt people thinking Sam and Max were gay got them taken off the air. I guess it worked with Ren and Stimpy... but Sam and Max have no sign whatsoever of any sort of affection towards eachother. They both act incredibly weird and inhuman. That's why the death scene in Bad Day on the Moon was so intense. (At least to me.)

Anyways, you could make the same point that The Three Stooges are a bunch of wandering circle jerkers. Or possibly that Bugs Bunny enjoys crossdressing and kissing men... oh wait. What about Laurel and Hardy? You think they like trains? Is Charlie Chaplin a child molester? Definitely Captain Kangaroo can relate. And what about Andy Griffith and his nubile, ripe assisant Barney? My collar is starting to sweat.

Archived