Home

Sequel? *possible spoilers*

After seeing the awesome ending, and wishing the game was longer, it seemed like they were just setting it up for a sequel. Now, any normal producer would do a sequel, but we're working with Double Fine here, and (correct me if I'm wrong) none of Tim Schafer's games have ever gotten a sequel. Do you think it may be possible that this game may get one?

I would love a sequel, but I'm not holding my breath. Aside from the obvious last couple of shots in the ending cutscene, there is plenty of other sequel fodder in there

(what happened to doctor Loboto, will Dogan ever get to properly use his clearly powerful brain, and of course all of the Psychonauts leaders of old pictured on the treestumps around the campfire, and plenty of other things I thought about while playing the game but have now forgotten)

... I definitely want to see more of the Psychonauts.

I wonder if there's any chance of another studio creating the sequel based on a story and concept from Double Fine? Stuff like that has been known to happen, and it's not all impossible seeing that it's actually selling fairly well.

Of course, I'm not sure if I'd want another company than Double Fine handling it. ¬

I'm pretty much at the end of the game, but I haven't finished it and I haven't seen Jake's spoiler, but as I was playing it through I just wanted that they made a sequel so badly. It's really a game that deserves to be explored so much more, which you only get to sample in the second half of the game as you help the psychopaths solve their problems... it's like The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2...

Maybe Double Fine can work on two games at the same time just to please us. And if there is a sequel, Tim has to be involved somehow.. maybe he doesn't have to be the head honcho behind, but he should definitely supervise the work, and write the dialog and the characters!

I WANT MORE!!!!! :p

Actually, I remember hearing somewhere that Tim Schafer just doesn't make sequels, because then it wouldn't be that game anymore. But the way I see it, this game's plot seriously leaves off at a cliffhanger. The following spoiler will contain the ending of the game-and the conclusion to my part of the agreement of the sequel needing-but if you don't want to ruin your gaming experience before you complete the game, make sure to NOT read this. This spoiler is a big one, and I'll add some extra precausion.

SPOILERDONOTCROSSSPOILERDONOTCROSS.

THIS IS A SPOILER, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO COME FURTHER!? YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.......

After you defeat the two-headed dad monster, your real dad comes and puts your mind back in your body. After you become a Psychonaut, you get sent on a mission to rescue Lili's dad. The thing is, the game ends right when the ship leaves for the mission. One other thing is, there is still the question of what happened to Dr.Loboto.... I would have been satisfied if they at least had one more level where you saved Lili's dad, but the cliffhanger left me with mixed feelings. It is a good strategy to do this, but the only reason I want a sequel is to cover up the plot.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

Umm... two things:

1. You can recite all of the coach's introduction speech if you stand in the reception area. Reminds me of open mic night on Grim Fandago.

2. The wood carvings in that place... the one without a name is Ford Cruller, of course, but there's a guy to the very left that looks a lot like Razputin's father. His name is Otto Millenium or something like that. Could he be Razputin's grandfather who got them into the curse into the first place?

I smell sequel :p

Sorry to burst your bubble but.......

Just one thing. The people who cursed Razputin's family were the Gelachios. If you look in the back of the instruction booklet, where the enemies and characters are, you see the dreaded hand of Gelachio.

......I hope that clears things up a bit.

I just want to get inside the heads of some of the more interesting characters. Like Dogen. He seems interesting to explore. And going into Lili's mind might be appropriately kinky considering how things turn out in the end.

• 5 months later...

This thread has been reserected.

If they did do a sequel, that might, MIGHT, ruin the game. What if Oleander fell in love with someone than all the fancharacters wouldn't matter. What if they answered questions like What is Raz's dad'S NAME? or what did happen to the asylum gang, and your theories and what you think would happen would have been wrong. You wouldn't be able to try and fill in those plotholes your self.

Although, a plus is you know what's happening.

This thread has been reserected.

If they did do a sequel, that might, MIGHT, ruin the game. What if Oleander fell in love with someone than all the fancharacters wouldn't matter. What if they answered questions like What is Raz's dad'S NAME? or what did happen to the asylum gang, and your theories and what you think would happen would have been wrong. You wouldn't be able to try and fill in those plotholes your self.

Although, a plus is you know what's happening.

BUT. It isn't their job to think of the fancharacters. It's their job to follow their own plot and their own ideas. If they were to do whatever we wanted them to do would we really like the game as much as we do? We like it because it's original. And what would be the fun in making theories and then never having them answered?

I'm neutral in wanting a sequal. I'd like to know what happened, but I don't want to take the chance in ruining a great concept.

Archived