Home

Guess that movie!

RpTheHotrod

There is a movie where police use a virtual reality training program. There is a computer program "guy" in there. Eventually, a cop is killed in the training and the computer program guy is blamed. They think they trash the program, but secretly someone actually smuggles it out and puts it into some sort of computer to flesh device. The program guy is then loose in the real world and starts to kill people.

He can repair himself if damaged by "soaking up" glass.

Anyone have an idea what the name of this movie is?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ET Warrior

O_o

it sounds NOTHING like Minority Report....

Well, I haven't seen the movie. The description sounded a little like MR. I mean the VR, the cop guy getting hunted by the cops and all. I think that sort of stuff was there was in MR.

Aight....thanks guys.

Think of it like this...

a computer program that has turned bad is brought into the real world. He is now walking among people. When damage, he absorbs glass to heal himself, much like what terminator looked like when the bad one turned his arm into a spike. Has that type of transforming "power".

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Well, I haven't seen the movie. The description sounded a little like MR. I mean the VR, the cop guy getting hunted by the cops and all. I think that sort of stuff was there was in MR.

I've never seen this Virtuosity either....but....Minority Report?

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Haven't seen it, but sounds a lot like Minority Report.

what are you on sabre ?

minority report is about precogs who see into the future and help in the solving of crimes....Tom Cruise uncovers a secret etc etc...

yes Rp, im pretty sure Virtuosity is what you are after...that is actually how Russell Crowe made his break into Hollywood :)

and Sivy I think youre talking about Brewsters Millions :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

and Sivy I think youre talking about Brewsters Millions :p

\o/

next one...

a violinist is picked randomly out of a crowd (due to his strange choice of footwear) is made the target of CIA surveillance and pursuit.

The man with one red shoe? With tom hanks and Leia?

reminds me of:

An advertising executive is wrongly picked out by spys and chased across the country...

PS/ I remember virtuosity as a disappointing film that seemed more like a straight to video film than a big blockbuster. And Russell Crowe was pretty bad in it, good thing he has improved.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Here's another: A maverick German silent film director in the '20s intends to make the first filmic adaptation of Stoker's Dracula. His star turns out to be a bit more than just a method actor...

Shadow of the Vampire. With John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe. Good movie.

Young kids form a club that is devoted to monsters. Dracula comes to earth along with a few other monsters in hopes to find an amulet that will let him take over the world.

Archived