Home

Star Wars to become new TV series

toms

This been posted yet? Can't see it, so here goes:

Two Star Wars TV series will follow the latest movie in the hit film franchise, director George Lucas has said.

Animated show Clone Wars, currently broadcast as three-minute episodes, will become "a 3D animated" series of 30-minute shows, he said.

It would be followed by a live-action series featuring characters from the six Star Wars movies, he added.

"We're probably not going to start that for about a year," he told a Star Wars convention in Indianapolis.

'Step away'

The latest Star Wars film, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, is released in most countries on 19 May.

The Clone Wars "micro-series" has had 25 three-minute episodes on Cartoon Network, taking the story up to Revenge of the Sith.

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.

George Lucas at Celebration III

Star Wars creator George Lucas said the sixth film would be the last

"I'm going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I'll probably step away."

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Lucas said he "never considered" extending the Stars Wars story beyond episode six - Return of the Jedi.

"To be very honest with you, I never ever thought of anything that happened beyond episode six," he said.

"It's the Darth Vader story. It starts with him being a young boy and it ends with him dying. I never ever really considered ever taking that particular story further."

Mr Lucas said the live action series would feature some existing Star Wars characters - but would not elaborate.

"There's a lot of issues that are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected," he said.

also

Meanwhile, The Empire Strikes Back has been named the favourite Star Wars movie in a poll of more than 40,000 readers of film magazine Empire.

Han Solo was voted the favourite hero, Chewbacca was top alien and X-wing pilot Wedge Antilles was favourite minor character.

Wonder how lucas likes Empire getting voted favorite? as it seems to be the opposite of what he has been trying to do since ROTJ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4484915.stm

Originally posted by jon_hill987

The young Indi series was terrible. this ain't gonna be any better.

Actually, I thought the Young Indiana Jones series was well done. It also had good storylines and took the viewer to faraway lands... since people don't like to get off their couches anymore, inspiring shows like that are always good.

Animated show Clone Wars, currently broadcast as three-minute episodes, will become "a 3D animated" series of 30-minute shows, he said.

:drop2:

My jaw actually dropped at that. That's the most awesome piece of news i've heard in awile. \n/

Originally posted by jon_hill987

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The young Indi series was terrible. this ain't gonna be any better.

The beauty of television is that those who want to watch it can, and those who don't don't have to.

Isn't it great how everyone wins?!

Personally it sounds good to me...

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Actually, I thought the Young Indiana Jones series was well done. It also had good storylines and took the viewer to faraway lands... since people don't like to get off their couches anymore, inspiring shows like that are always good.

I'm taking jon hill's side on this one. The Young Indy show might have had some impressive technical achievments, and some good educational points, but it was still pretty terrible.

Okay, I'm starting to get worried. Clone Wars will definitely air on CN (like the earlier ones did), but the live-action show - I don't know. There aren't many real English Serial Channels, which means it's gonna be a tough spot. My best bet would be a DVD.

I liked the Young Indie series.

I'd like to see a Young Han Solo Adventures series...plenty of scope for a young Han Solo to gad about the galaxy getting into trouble, enlisting in the Imperial navy and getting out again, with maybe his hard-nosed CO trying to track him down for revenge, meeting Chewbacca for the first time, winning the Falcon in a Sabacc game, and all that other stuff the rogue got up to...

I'd watch a series like that.

one of the main characters in the live action TV series will be....

*drum roll*

Aayla Secura

that's right anyone's favourite blue jedi will survive ROTS and has 'spoken to George about being in the TV series"

Originally posted by Rogue15

i sayu you all post spoilers where the mother****ing belong. in the god forsaken episode 3 spoiler thread. :mad:

(i almost double clicked the ****ing spoilers, and prime kinda gave a spoiler right there......) DIE all of you.

*points to spoiler tags*

They're there for a reason, don't want to be spoiled, don't highlight them. Simple. The. End.

As for our Sivy and Astro:

Big ROTS Novel/Movie Spoiler:

Aayla pretty much dies with the rest of the Jedi. You'll even see Order 66 executed on her in the film.

And isn't talk of the TV series old news?

Originally posted by Rogue15

no. i didn't highlight them. subtle hints at ****?

according to Prime, we do not get to see Padme (i'm assuming its padme...main female character in the damn movie) get fried, and THAT is a ****ing spoiler.

Except that's not who we're discussing. :)

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

As for our Sivy and Astro:

Big ROTS Novel/Movie Spoiler:

Aayla pretty much dies with the rest of the Jedi. You'll even see Order 66 executed on her in the film.

apparently there have been a few changes to the film since the book went to print. this might be one of them, seeing as this info came from

amy allen herself

who knows?

Archived