Home

Whats the difference...

The_Maker

Bobo the Living Holocron is here.

Ok A Dark Jedi is a Normal Jedi, but before they reach Knighthood in the jedi order, They fall to the darkside, and they began taking their powers from the Darkside of the force.

A Sith, is a Powerful Being in the Darkside of the force, they have uncovered knowledge and powers from the Anceint Race of the sith, and Take on an apprentice. There are only Two sith, ever.

Originally posted by Bobo

Ok A Dark Jedi is a Normal Jedi, but before they reach Knighthood in the jedi order, They fall to the darkside...

Even Jedi Masters fall to the dark side.

Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus is one.

Originally posted by montnoir

A Dark Jedi isn't necessarily a Sith, because the Sith are force users using the dark side in accordance to their beliefs. The Sith are a religious cult if you will, following a strict code of conduct and having specific goals (among others the complete eradication of the Jedi).

Good point.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that there are 2 parts to the sith the first is the normal person who joined the sith but he is not force sensitive

the second part of the sith is the fallen jedi or force sensitive that join the sith and become dark jedi

Originally posted by messle01

I think that there are 2 parts to the sith the first is the normal person who joined the sith but he is not force sensitive

the second part of the sith is the fallen jedi or force sensitive that join the sith and become dark jedi

I think it all breaks down like this:

A Dark Jedi is a Jedi how has fallen to the dark side or a dark side being who is skilled in the Jedi arts. This category makes no assuptions as to the beliefs for groups the Dark Jedi may belong to.

Sith are a group of dark side practitioners who follow a set of traditions and philosphies that revolve around the dark side of the force and incorporate in part Jedi skills and knowledge. In that sense, the force-sensitive beings belonging to that group are Sith. Darth Bandon and Yuthura are proper Sith.

The non-force-sensative soldiers and officers of the Sith military and empire are not a part of the Sith sect per se, but part of the overall Sith Empire. Saul Karath would fit in this category. This empire encompasses more than just the Sith sect. In terms of joining the Sith, beings can either join the empire/military (non sensative) as soldiers or the Sith proper if they are force-sensative.

In the end, Dark Jedi is the catch all term for dark side beings who are skilled in the Jedi arts, as opposed to dark side force adepts who are not (dark side witches, etc.). The proper Sith are a subset of the Dark Jedi, as their teachings are based in part on Jedi knowledge along with other teachings specific to the Sith. The Sith empire and forces are mearly beings who serve the proper Sith in various capacities.

^^^^^^^

I gotta agree with Prime. In fact, thats basically what I was trying to say waaaayyyyyy up there, more or less.

The Sith have changed over the years, so it's imposible to come up with one definition. As far as K1 and K2 are concerned, Prime has it correct, in my opinion.

Archived