Home

Rank Climbing and Mastership in KOTOR 3

JediFanatic10

Unless the game starts out with Revan/Exile (which you will already have achieved mastership, which is pretty cool). I believe that it would be a good deal to have the actual trials of Knighthood or Mastership, i think it would give it a better feel of becoming more powerful.. instead of just coming out and saying "yea your a jedi master now"

• 4 weeks later...

but see i like the idea of not bein able to adjust the difficulty but as you become a stronger jedi the missions get harder... when granted padawanship you get just the first bites of the story line, then once granted knighthood you get into the nitty gritty of the game then once achieved mastership you play the rest out... you following me?

but see i like the idea of not bein able to adjust the difficulty but as you become a stronger jedi the missions get harder... when granted padawanship you get just the first bites of the story line, then once granted knighthood you get into the nitty gritty of the game then once achieved mastership you play the rest out... you following me?

Originally posted by JediFanatic10

I'm following you, but your idea is (no offense) not a very good one. Not only is there no one to train Revan and the Exile, but they don't need training. Kreia trained the exile, and Revan's memories are returning. And your idea of the missions getting harder as your character gets more powerful already exists... In TSL, when you gain levels, so do your enemies.

There is simply no need for training, no reason for it, and... Most players would consider it boring.

I don't think he's talking about moving rocks or anything of the sort.

More like having a council which puts you on trial after you've completed a certain quest then you gain the rank of Knight or Master. Right now, I must say it's pretty weird how you get to masterhood. So yeah, you suddenly decide you're a Master?

Although plot problems comes into effect, it wouldn't be such a bad thing, if things were different.

Remember Dantooine? You weren't an official Padawan until you've fought Juhani. It could be handled in a similar fashion.

Dantooine in KOTOR I wasn't boring at all.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

That sounds like a very bad idea.

The Jedi council is dead... There's no one left to train the Exile.

And what if you choose to be on the Dark Side? That idea doesn't fit in with the story too well.

Even if the council is dead, it doesn't mean all jedis are... you know when Malak's attacking Dantooine in Kotor 1, and master vandar and suddnly (in kotor 2) master Vrook did too... the members of the highcouncil are dead, but still we have master Zhar and master Dorak left from kotor 1. maybe they would be something in kotor 3? even if its a big chance they went to Kavar if the survived Dantooine. (sorry for bad english and misspelling names/words)

Originally posted by Nymf...

Even if the council is dead, it doesn't mean all jedis are... you know when Malak's attacking Dantooine in Kotor 1, and master vandar and suddnly (in kotor 2) master Vrook did too... the members of the highcouncil are dead, but still we have master Zhar and master Dorak left from kotor 1. maybe they would be something in kotor 3? even if its a big chance they went to Kavar if the survived Dantooine. (sorry for bad english and misspelling names/words)

If I remember correctly, they were

wiped out when the Sith attacked Dantooine. You learn this when you are captured aboard the Leviathon.

Originally posted by Nymf...

Did you pay attention to the story in TSL? THE JEDI ARE DEAD. (Except for the Exile, if the Exile is a Jedi.) Vandar, Dorak and Zhar were killed at Katar. If you go to the chronicles section at the KOTOR 2 site, it says so.

^^^^

Even with the current state of the Jedi Order, new force sensitives will give rise, and like someone said, not all Jedi are dead. There will be a new Council, somehow. I'm personally hoping for the "Lost Jedi" council of Atton, Mira, Handmaiden, and Disciple. Bastila should be the head, or maybe Atris if she was spared and redeemed. And who knows... maybe Jolee could make a return... we never find out whatever happened to him anyways.

Also, I wouldn't mind an "underground Council," if they're in hiatus during the events of KoTOR 3.

Now, the concept of the Jedi Trials wouldn't go to waste if it was used for a tutorial, like TSL's prologue with T3. So then both the character and the player would be ready. As long as it's kept short, it would be okay.

Originally posted by Derc

Now, the concept of the Jedi Trials wouldn't go to waste if it was used for a tutorial, like TSL's prologue with T3. So then both the character and the player would be ready. As long as it's kept short, it would be okay.

True, but only if it was short. I always skip the prologue because I hate Peragus so much I want to get it over with as quick as possible.

Archived