Home

Official 1.3 Beta Patch Thread (released 4/21/05)

richo

I don't know if this has been posted yet but it has been annouced that the 1.3 patch is coming soon (the next few days). It is going to be called 1.3beta and will have some pretty important changes including ditching the framerate restrictions in multiplayer.

Here is the link

Richo

Currently the 1.3 server patch (standalone has been released , within a few days expect 1.3 client patch)

download the 1.3 server from 3dgamers at :

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/swbattlefront/swbattlefrontpcserverbeta1_3.exe.html

this new server allows for easier admin of servers via chat commands , changing maps on the fly etc... there are many new MP updates as well , less lag, less bad server predictions, dropped players.

If you find issues with the beta server or client please post info about it here :

http://gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=7142#7142

I hope to all the clans get this update before Mod Battleweek so we can run the new code throughout the event.

What country are you from rends? Hopefuly it won't take too long for other language patches to appear as from what I have experienced when playing online a large percentage of the online community are european.

By the way I loved your bounty hunter mods, thank you for keeping my interest in this game, I will look forward to more releases from you. We need to get them on multi player though. I keep trying to mention them when I'm playing.

Regards

Richo

Well I'm not sure what I can talk about yet (NDA). I was a beta tester for this patch, and I think the critics in here and on the LA forums should be happy. Not everyone will be overjoyed because that just isn't possible but I think most of us will be happy. :D

Installed and played patch.

Positives:

-Game plays like butter

-Flying shotgun or co-piloting vehicles is ALOT easier

-Maps like Naboo Theed and Geonosis play smoother and faster

Negatives/Problems:

-I had flickering on the engine lights of starfighters

-Starfighters laser bolts stuttered when fired and did not look as smooth or natural as before

-Clicking the mouse when the respawn timer counts down causes jarring quick cuts to the different CPs around the map. (its a small detail)

Hopefully this information helps make the developers aware of issues before the final patch. It might be a good thing for more people to post feedback on the new patch...

-Achillesz7

Wow the game runs alot smoother. Even on custom maps which have tons of Units on the battlefield at once. As to the cons, I didn't notice anything that Achillesz7 mentioned except for the fact that the Laser bolts sometimes seemed to stutter.

That's right, there's a new patch out (and new dedicated server), and it finally uncaps the Framefrate, plus some other nice fixes like the remote administration feature.

http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/battlefront1_3.htm

For PC: 1.3 beta update

Patch Name: Battlefront_Beta1_3.exe

Platform: PC

Format: CD-ROM NOTE: The patch is a downloadable exe.

Size: 8.95 MB (9,389,691 bytes)

Min. Requirements: N/A

Posted: 04/21/05

Installation: This is a self extracting exe. Double-clicking on this file installs the patch.

Reminder this is a BETA version for Battlefront and may not work on all systems and is for the U.S. version of the game only. Version 1.2 must be installed first in order for this version to be properly installed

This update addresses the following:

-------------------------------------------------------

CHANGES FROM 1.2

-------------------------------------------------------

Multiplayer

Unlocked frame rate

Better tolerance of latency spikes and frame rate spikes

Fixed an end of game hang

Better smoothing of predicted positions and orientations

Allow more maps specified from dedicated server command line

Better Droideka prediction

Added remote admin support for those hosting dedicated servers

Tighter clock synchronization under normal conditions

Fixed joining servers behind most firewalls

Allow more mod maps (was 50, now 512)

Global

Fixed CIS Pilot shooting backwards

NOTE: Users hosting Star Wars Battlefront PC Dedicated Servers will need to download and install the updated version of the PC Dedicated server software for compatibility with the 1.3 version update.

I have yet to try it out online, but it sounds great. Will it be enough to keep this game alive? You decide!

Mods: If you find any other patch threads floating around in here about 1.3, please merge them into this thread, thanks (or if you're not a mod and find one, PM me the URL and I'll do it when I have time)!

Ok... after waiting three Jedi patient months for a patch--and of all the numerous things I'd love to see fixed before full release--here's what I've found to be must fixes, (please!):

- Game still crashes to desktop at random. There's no windows error reporting box to close anymore. And, I don't have to reboot my win xp machine in order to restart game and join multiplayer. "Almost there!"

- Autoaim is still on! Hey, I love using my controllers (mouse and Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D ---> lotsa buttons :) ) Please take this out of multiplayer!

- 1st person/3rd person view changes frequently without user input. Very prevalent in the snow speeder and starships. Badness... nothing more dangerous then tow roping an ATAT and all the sudden my view is switched. I have my change view set to Joy button 10... which is on my second Hat... so I'm not accidently hitting it.

And, it probably won't ever happen... but, I wish someone would go ahead and add voice chat some day. There's nothing more frustrating for me as a gunner in an ATAT/ATST, than having a human pilot turn away from the action! It doesn't help at all to send a text chat message. And for anyone mentioning "But, you can use teamspeak or other 3rd party program..." No regular players are going to do that on a wide scale. They will "If" you put it in the game.

Jet

Why are online players not updating? When I look online for servers with players, there are hardly any!!!!

I asked in the game and they said it is because they are still playing on the 1.2 version.

As much as people moaned and groaned in here about problems, why are they not updating!!?!?!??!?

Originally posted by Achillesz7

Positives:

-Flying shotgun or co-piloting vehicles is ALOT easier

Negatives/Problems:

-Clicking the mouse when the respawn timer counts down causes jarring quick cuts to the different CPs around the map. (its a small detail)

Oh, I used to hate being the aft gunner in AT-TE... I hope that is much better!

And the respawn timer... getting a brief view of other CPs is fine by me. I still respawn at the CP I selected. I think this occured in previous versions and not just this patch.

Jet

Originally posted by Murf

Why are online players not updating? When I look online for servers with players, there are hardly any!!!!

I am hearing of some Europeans installing English version now... since this is "English" version rather than "U.S." version only.

Jet

Having some trouble, I think. I installed both the 1.2 and the 1.3 patch (at least, I ran them and they said that the game was updated). But when I start the game, before getting to the server screen, in the corner it still says 1.104..is that the version I'm running? And why is my game not updating? I'm wondering if I'm missing something here.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived