New space vehicles in sw:bf2.

Global Strike

Which space vehicle do you want?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which space vehicle do you want?

• A-wing
    • B-wing
    • TIE Interceptor
    • Republic ARC 170 fighters (pre-tie fighters)
    • Naboo starfighter
    • Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
    • Super Star Destroyer
    • Other (please be specific)

I'll be happy with all the ones they've mentioned in the previews so far

x-wing ,y-wing ,a-wing ,tie fighter ,tie bomber, tie interceptor, jedi fighter, arc 70 , vulture droid fighter and even though they didn't mention it , in the video there is a v-wing in a ships hanger. I kinda want to be a shuttle pilot for one of the transports myself.

It's the lowly jobs that keep the war a'goin :D

If you take the v wings nose section and the arc 70s wings you basiclly have an x wing

Originally posted by TK-8252

Uh... the ARC-170 is the precursor to the X-Wing. The V-Wing turns into the TIE Fighter.

I didn't know that. Never heard of the V-wing though. Is it the one in the video with six wings? By the way, think you could fix the poll answer for the 170 fighter, not like it's important. :jawa :jawa

Dude, wait for a new X-Wing versus..game to come out, then it can have all the craft you want, without it being useless being anything but "generic fighter" and "overpowered capital ship".

*Sigh*

People are *so* gonna hate this game when they find out infantry are in this.

Originally posted by Redtech

Dude, wait for a new X-Wing versus..game to come out, then it can have all the craft you want, without it being useless being anything but "generic fighter" and "overpowered capital ship".

*Sigh*

What's your point? People already know infantry are going to be in this game because they were in the last one. :jawa :jawa

Uh... the ARC-170 is the precursor to the X-Wing.

No, that's the Z-95 Head hunter. Screw LucasFilms for contradicting that, if that's what they're doing. Sigh, next they'll tell us Vader is Luke's sister and that Obi-Wan is the gay partner of Chewbacca...:rolleyes:

The V-Wing turns into the TIE Fighter.

The V-Wing is that weird planetary fighter in Rogue Squadron and certainly has nothing to do with TIE Fighters. Again, I thought even Lucasfilms knew that much...

There won't be a new X-Wing series game. Evil LA dumped the series because they wanted to cash in on Ep. 1, resulting in crappy titles like Battle for Naboo and an unfinished XWA that the XWA Upgrade project is finishing for them...:mad:

*Sigh*

Which game are you referring to? SWBF 2? OH noes, infantry in my first person shooter game!!! WTFs!!!!!!!!!!!!???'

Seriously, though, which game are you refering to?

Uh... the ARC-170 is the precursor to the X-Wing.
No, that's the Z-95 Head hunter. Screw LucasFilms for contradicting that, if that's what they're doing. Sigh, next they'll tell us Vader is Luke's sister and that Obi-Wan is the gay partner of Chewbacca...

What do you mean ? That the Z-95 is the precursor of the X-Wing or that the ARC-170 is the "ancestor" of the Z-95 ?...

Supposedly, the X-wing went through a few different prototypes, the way I heard it, it was ARC-170 to Z-95 to T-65 X-wing (There was something after that right? Tie...something (Hunter?). As to the V-wing, I still don't understand why they totally revamped the design from the original Rouge Squadron. But from the description of it's design, it sure looks like the precursor to the Tie.

Back on topic, I like the Arc 170 alot, It better have 3 positions though. But I would really like to see the B-wing in the game. Though I don't know how it would take off. The standard rising take off would take forever for it's S-foils to clear the ground so they could open.

Originally posted by GlobalStrike

What's your point?

Point is, that as much as everyone would love to have every star wars aircraft, naval vessel, starship, carrier, shuttle, bomber, fighter, interceptor, command and control carrier, transport, and "mobile battle station" ;) . It's pretty unlikely you'll get all of it. Hence the emphasis on, say, infantry?

Anyway, I'm not really arguing the point. With the hype on the forums about aircraft and Jedi, I'm just expecting a lot of dissapointment when some poor sucker is stuck with a Pilot on "Rhen Var Citadel II".

Oh yeah, Dagobahn Eagle, chill.

Actually, I wish there was a l33t X-Wing Versus T-fighter Versus Droid StarFighter Versus... It'd be rather cool.

I'm saying, that with the increased excitement with aircraft, while they're cool, at the end of the day, as you said, this is a fps/3ps, I want some ground beneath me feet!

EDIT: To add something "useful" to the thread. I want the LAAT varient that can carry an AT-TE. Bwah ha ha! Unfair piloting skills and vehicle spawn camping skills combined. I love it!

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

No, that's the Z-95 Head hunter. Screw LucasFilms for contradicting that, if that's what they're doing. Sigh, next they'll tell us Vader is Luke's sister and that Obi-Wan is the gay partner of Chewbacca...:rolleyes:

The V-Wing is that weird planetary fighter in Rogue Squadron and certainly has nothing to do with TIE Fighters. Again, I thought even Lucasfilms knew that much...

I agree 100%.

As for aircraft, I think the Super Star Destroyer would be awesome, but would be pretty hard to put ingame.;)

Actually, I wish there was a l33t X-Wing Versus T-fighter Versus Droid StarFighter Versus... It'd be rather cool.

X-Wing versus Klingon Bird of Prey versus Alien Mothership from Independence Day versus alien war machines-with-legs from War of The Worlds:D. Teh 1337 title!1

A "fire ship" freighter would be nice. Pilot it towards an enemy ship, evacuate, and... boom.

Looking at how Obi 1 and luke look at each other in ANH you can never tell whats true and whats not.

When I voted for the ARC 170 I was talking about the pre-tie fighter thing that anakin is supposedly flys in ep. 3. I meant to vote for this...

imageload?table=cat_images;ttl2=15;key1=2808_img1;key2=-100_img1

I thought that was an ARC 170 but I didn't look at TK's link in time.

Yeah that would be a cool idea. The transports to board enemy ships and destroy them from the inside out. Yet I dont think they'll do that.

One reson is because I havent seen anything saying that yet. But if there is something like that correct me please.

Do you mean the transport or boarding ships ?

You can board ships and fight from within.

Nothing other them saying transports as a general term , no specific named ones.But as someone said earlier , gunships don't fly in space ,a space based one it needed. They might whip up some new generic one though

Archived