Home

**The Ultimate Star Wars: Battlefront II Wish List Thread**

PR-0927

Yes they should definetly include unlockables of some kind, wheather it be diffrent skins or playable locals, or even secret maps.

It would be really cool if they made certain speacial maps that were unique to the campaign but if you defeated them on hard difficulty you could play them in singleplayer or online. These battles would have speacial rules, units or factions

here are some examples:

The fight inside Theed palace from Episode I, the rebublic side would be replaced with the Naboo guards side, and the CIS would only have normal battledroids and a limited number of droidekas. The fight would take place in the palace and although there would be comand posts each side can only acheive victory if they fufill certain objectives, the CIS objective would be to kill the Queen, she would be an NPC on the guards side, while the Guards have to trap the Viceroy and hold him for about as long as it would take to capture a command post.

Another cool one would be the arena fight from Episode II, This tiem the rebublic side is replaced with a jedi side, The jedi would begin in the center of the arena and there mission is to stay alive until Yoda comes with the droid army, and defend certain main characters. As a jedi you would be very powerful but once you die you have to respawn as a disimbodied camera that basicly just spectates. After a certain time Yoda arrives with Republic gunships, the survivors have to board the ships and escape. The CIS side would have unlimited reinforcements and there mission would be to kill of as many jedi as possible, preferebly all of them and prevent there escape by shooting down the gunships, there team would be normal exept that there would be alot of geonosian NPC's and a Jango Fett NPC who helps the CIS, he would be killable, but it would be hard, in the end the team with the most points wins, the Jedi get points for killing Jango and having survivors, the CIS get points for killing jedi.

Fineally there could be a battle above the sarlacc, the imperial side would be replaced with jabbas thugs and there would only be three command posts, two small execution skiffs and jabbas sail barge. The rebels begin with a huge disadvantage, they have no weapons and can only punch there opponents, they also have a huge advantage, Luke Skywalker. In this fight the rebels must take weapons from dead thugs and use them against jabba. The skiffs would be command posts, you can move on them use there guns or drive them, The Sail barge would be a destructable command post, With a killable Jabba NPC on the inside, to win the rebels must capture both (or destroy) both skiffs and destroy the sail barge, the guns on the skiffs are to weak to do this so they must use the huge guns on the barge itself. Jabbas thugs would be made up of Rodians, Gran, Weequay, skiff guards, and gammoreans of course and would have a Boba Fett NPC to help them, There job is to kill all the rebels and protect jabba. Of course the entire fight if fought above the sarlacc, if a skiff gets to close to the tentacles it can grab people of the skiff and if you are punched to close to an edge you fall off into the sarlacc below.

I think these battles would be really fun to fight.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I'd love to have the BF1 maps (enhanced) as an unlockable along with an ultra hard mode, and make the "free for all faction fighting" an unlockable, so people actually want to complete the game!

Yes, unlockable features would be interesting...

- i think that u should be able to create your own jedi like jedi academy make them black or white and make there cloth and saber color not the character jedi only admins should be the real chracter jedi.

- should be able to create your regular person like vietnam:black or white

I like the idea of customizing your players apperance, it keep all your units from looking like exact copies of each other, you could pick your characters skin color, uniform, hair color, stuff like that. Of course for the CIS, Rebublic, and Empire all there units are supposed to look similar but they could add some diversity, like diffrent color battledroids (I think the ones on Geonosis were red) or battlescarred units.

It would have to make sense of course, for example on Endor, you can only pick those forest camo uniforms, you can still change skin color, add a beard, wear a hat, but you have to wear green. On the Tantive VI you would have to wear a rebel fleet troopers uniform, sure you can change skin color, decide to wear a helmet with the visor down but you the basic uniform is the same. But on a planet like Bespin the rebel forces are more likely to be mixed, on this planet you can wear the normal Rebel troops Urban gear or the Rebel fleet troopers uniform. Rebel pilots could maybe change there uniform to match the ship they are planning to fly (this would have no effect on which ship they could actually fly of course) they could put on the standard rebel pilots jumpsuit or maybe the Suit those A-wing pilots (I think) had in Return of the Jedi.

Another thing I hope they have in the new game is a better scoring system, in the old one you just had to kill the most people to get first place, I think it should be more complex. My idea for scoring goes like this:

+1 point for a kill

-1 point for a death, team kill, or suicide

+2 points for killing a player

-2 points for killing an allied player

+10 points for capturing a command post by yourself, the more people help you then the points are split amounst them, the lowest it can go is +2 for everybody.

+15 points for capturing an important command post (the ones that take extra long to capture) or take down a mobile command post

+ a predefined amount of points for fufilling an objective, like destroying a destructable command post or capturing a certain CP.

+ a certain amount of points for destroying some machinery like 1 point for destroying a mine, turret, or speeder, 5 points for a medium vehicle/starfighter 10 points for a heavy tank/heavy transport ship and as said before 15 for an AT-AT, AT-TE, or MTT assuming there in BF2.

+/- a certain amount of points for getting an award such as -20 for getting traitor and + a certain amount for other awards.

Im sure there could be more ways to gain/lose points, maybe somthing that rewards you for repairing vehicles/giving out health.

Also it would be nice if they had more awards at the end, here are some cool ones I thought up.

First Kill: givin to whoever killed the first unit on the map

First Death: whoever died first on the map

Ewok slayer: givin to whoever killed the most locals

Ewok Fodder whoever was killed by locals the most

Jedi Master: whoever killed the most while being a jedi

Bounty Hunter: whoever killed the most jedi/heros

Commander: Awards the player who captured the most command posts/ completed the most objectives

Master of Disaster: given to whoever destroyed the most vehicles, droids, or players using mines, grenades, rocket launchers, time bombs, mortar launchers, or recon droids

Assassin: Givin to whoever killed the most people over a very long range

Player Killer: Honors the player who killed the most other players.

These are just the ones of the top of my head, I'm sure someone else could find a more appropriate name for them or think of some other cool ideas for awards, any ideas?

I think they should make it so that you would be able to walk around inside the Capital ships, and actually manuever them! Think about it. You're on the bridge of a Star Destroyer, and you can see the battle outside. And from the bridge, people would be able to control the turrets and also there would be a captain who would manuever the star destroyer. And there can also be a tactical officer or a Co-Captain that can help the Captain strategize their next move. And then there can also be a person that controls the tractor beam if there is one. I think it's a very high chance that you can walk around on the bridge because from the screenshots, you can see turrets and where are the turrets being controlled from? The bridge. Also, the capital ships will be moving so someone has to operate them which is the captain on the bridge.

Also, they should add the Lamda Class Shuttle, which can be used to board enemy ships. And I think the Imperial Officer is going to be in SWBF II right?

You should probably delete one of those posts....

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

+ a certain amount of points for destroying some machinery like 1 point for destroying a mine, turret, or speeder....

One point for destroying a mine??? Those are so easy to dismantle! But I liked the other point amount ideas.

First Kill: givin to whoever killed the first unit on the map etc.
I like those!:) Also maybe split the 'Tankbuster' award into:

Tankbuster-whoever destroyed the most ground vehicles.

Combat Ace-whoever downed the most aircraft.

Good point, getting points for destroying mines wouldn't make much sense. I was thinking about making mines a bit more dangerous, shooting them would just cause them to blow up possibly hurting allies, however a pilot (or engineer if they make them a seperate class) have to disarm them manually, scoring a point. But if they stay the way they are then you are right, it wouldn't really be worth one point just to disarm a mine.

Also good idea about the vehicle killing awards

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

...I was thinking about making mines a bit more dangerous, shooting them would just cause them to blow up possibly hurting allies, however a pilot (or engineer if they make them a seperate class) have to disarm them manually, scoring a point.

Thanks for clearing that up, as I really like that idea now.:) (developers lookie here;)) And I really like Redtech's idea on an 'overall vehicles destroyed' award also.

I have expanded ParanoidAndroid's dream about unike characters.

The CIS, Republic and Empire should have the option to "tatoo" the armor. You can have pictures, bulletmarks and cracks in it. And only players can do it so you see bether wich is a bot and wich is a player.

Also the Imperial pilotes can choose between At At drivers, TIE pilotes and At St drivers.

Another thing is that you can choose who's having wich CPs. How could the Empire protect the Harbour on Ren Var? And how could CIS attack the Spire on Geonosis?

Also the posibulity to get bether wepons.

Longer zoom on the snipers, more rockets in the bazookas etc.

And the fight ON Corusant, not over.

Everybody who saw the last episode in the second Clone Wars understand what I mean.

Dogfighting between the scyscrapers...

And General Grevious as Hero on the CIS.

As fun as the space Battle of Coruscant will be, it would be so much cooler if you could go from the ground to space and vice versa in one level!:) And it would make so much more sense if Grievous was the hero, as Dooku is more of the politician/duelist, while Grievous is all out the mass slaughterer.

As fun as the space Battle of Coruscant will be, it would be so much cooler if you could go from the ground to space and vice versa in one level!

It indeed would. Say, if one side started in space and the other started on a planet and needed to repel the enemy landing force.

And it would make so much more sense if Grievous was the hero, as Dooku is more of the politician/duelist, while Grievous is all out the mass slaughterer.

What would make the most sense would be removing those stupid heroes all-together.

I like the Lambda-shuttle in Galactic Conquest, and it should be neat in Battlefront II as well. If you keep it steady, that tail gun can make short work of anything! It's quite useful during ground assaults, too, if you land with the tail gun facing the enemy control point. No infantry unit survives as much as a single hit from that rapid-firing baby!

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade added a slow-firing tail gun to the lambda-class shuttle, but I'd rather have one with a faster firing rate. The one in XWA UP was not really dangerous at all.

Yes a two sided coruscant battle sounds fun, the droids try to take over the planet by landing transport craft, while the rebublic trys to stop them in space, and ground forces take care of the ones that get through.

This idea could also be implimented on the Endor map, When the battle begins each player picks if they want to join the Space side or the ground side of the battle, once joined they can change sides, but each side has a separate reinforcement counter, The Imperials must of course crush the rebels by destroying all rebel capital ships and making depleting there reinforcements on the surface, the rebels meanwhile have to blow up the sheild generator, when they do the death star loses its sheild and starfighters can go into the core and try to destroy it. While they are waiting for the death star sheild to be deactivated the rebels in space must defend the capital ships. The key part to rebel victory is destroying the death star, they can take out all the star destroyers but without destroying the death star they are doomed, maybe they could even have the death stars superlaser that will automaticly destroy capital ships if they take to long in destroying the generator.

I like those skin ideas, however they should be limited by the map. You can only pick the AT-AT pilots skin if there is one on the map after all, same with the AT-ST and TIE fighter pilots

One problem I have noticed with the original battlefront was that if you were trying to make a comeback, but had lower tickets then your opponent no matter how many CPs you controlled you were still doomed, my idea is to have reinforcements slowly regenerate, only when controlling over fifty percent of the CPs of course, this would make battles last longer and be more complete, and make Command posts alot more valuable.

What would make the most sense would be removing those stupid heroes all-together.

Agreed, but Lucas arts seems dead-set on adding them to the game, I can deal with them so long as there not overpowered.

new award: Vehicle Whore

Lol! good idea only make it should probably be less offensive.

Vehicle awards so far:

Tank Buster: Givin to whoever killed the most land based vehicles, walkers, tanks, speeders

Pilots bane: Givin to the player who destroyed the most flying vehicles.

Vehicles Bane: The player who destroyed the most vehicles, tanks and starfighters together

Tank Whore: the player who stayed in a vehicle for the longest time

any other ideas?

new award: Vehicle Whore
Yes, only less offensive to those people that are more sensitive.:p
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

Why, because they are impossible to kill? I think they would be better if they just didn't stand around, and a few good blasts from an AT-AT etc would finish them off. Oh, and once they are dead, they never respawn again.:)

Archived