Home

Psychonauts - Soundtrack

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The soundtrack is awesome, but it wasn't complete; some memorable songs from the game were omitted. Where was Lungfishopolis? Milla's Dance Party? Fred Bonaparte's Mind?

The soundtrack was only 43 minutes, meaning there was certainly more room available for more songs. Because of this I was a little disappointed, but it's still a great soundtrack. :)

Yeah, I agree. Good thing I already made a gamerip, huh? Anyway, let's see what Jasper has to say about the soundtrack(I've hit him with a Confusion Grenade to avoid any garbage)

jasper_sayline.jpg:Gosh! This soundtrack is fantastic! The bass, the treble, the songs, all top notch! All other soundtracks should be burned, all other songwrights shot, all other musicians should have their fingers chopped off, for there is no need for any other music, other than this fine soundtrack. Oh god. What am I saying? I hope no one heard that.

Jasper for President.

And RemiO, you are correct. Cut-scene music would've been a big plus. Like, put some cut-scene background music into one track, "Cut-Scene Suite" or something. Very much like in the Warcraft III soundtrack.

Yeah, I guess a game rip is in order. ^^

I've asked McConnell directly about the cutscene music possibly being released, and after speaking with DF about it he got back with "Actually they have a DVD called "selected scenes from the game" which at least has the scenes by themselves viewable from a DVD player. It's not the music alone, but it's a nice way to experience the non-interactive part of the game many times and be able to hear the full mixes at your leisure.".

Looks like a bit of a dead ender for now, though maybe if approached again a little after when they're collectively wanting to sell as much as possible they'll be more willing to release such things.

Archived