Home

The Combat Upgrade(CU). Good or bad?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having experienced the new Upgrade and being a TKA master, the CU upgrade has really hit my profession. I know am killed by silly dragonets in one hit, then deathblown by them because i cant escape them.

Attack damage has been reduced from average 1200 to just 300 meaning that I have to run from everything, including nunas! hehe

What's your views on the RUSHED Combat Upgrade? With so much competition in the Online gaming world now, plus the fact combat was broken since the launch of the game - they had to do something - copy World Of Warcraft..but unlike Warcraft where there is a better balance, Galaxies again hasnt delivered the goods.

Or do you think its great and cant get enough of it. Post your experiences!

DMUK

I am very disappointed about the combat upgrade. For me, they have ruined the game. I deeply regret prepaying for one year. If they offered a refund I would take it.

I worked long and hard not only for skills, but to make credits to be able to buy good armor and weapons. Now I can not use any of it. It represents months of wasted time and energy. To me, this is tantamount to a slap in the face.

Since I have prepaid, I feel as though they have stolen this from me. I was drawn into a trap and then they do this CU and it is the same as the rug being pulled out from under me. I literally logged in naked wearing nothing but underwear since the new CU said I no longer had the certifications for what I was equipped with last time I logged of.

Unless this is rectified, I will never buy or play another game by Sony or Lucas Arts.

Screw SWG, and screw SOE. LucasArts is cool, they had nothing to do with the CU, all they did was throw their logo on the box and make money off of it. SOE is who everyone should be pissed at. I refuse to play another game made by SOE ever again. I'm going back to City Of Heroes, at least I can count on them not to completely change the game.

I really dispise the CU too. Im a TKM/ Master Pistol and now im basicly naked in the breaze or so to speak. The origonal 600,000 players (My guess) will soon drop. The CU isnt enough for me to quit, yet a good incentive for others.

I had 6 E-mails from my friends saying how much they hated it.

Im begining to think that what the opther guilds have said agaisnt protesting is coming true.

Im hoping that the devs will see their mistake and pgrade the "Upgrade".

Mean while I think ill be going into hyperspace everytime I see a comet racing towards me.

I am very upset of what the devs did to the game. I had two accounts with them which had a crafter (chef, artisan, DE) and my other character which was a Doctor and a TKA. Both characters were truly hurt by the upgrade and I got so frustrated with the game that I cancel my two accounts and that of my husband's too. We had a whole guild based in san diego, california with members from other states but those in san diego would gather to make BBQ and LAN parties. My brother had two accounts as well and my younger brother had one account. both brothers worked hard for their jedi and it is truly dissapointing to see that all their hard work and time was for nothing. We had also thought of giving an account to our younger sister and one to my mother in law but as we got truly dissapointed of the game and the upgrade we all cancel our accounts and at least a 80% of our guild in star wars moved to world of warcraft to start fresh the other 20% of our guild which also cancel their accounts went to other games such as matrix online and other online games which have nothing to do with sony. All in all the CU did not meet expectations and we felt we got the switch and bait because a lot of the things in the test center were not in the actual upgrade. All our guild members and members of our family where affected terribly by the combat upgrade in too many ways to describe. if they change the combat upgrade we would go back but is something that I truly doubt will happen.

teh cu hit me hard....i was a commando/tkm and i got to keep my armor on. but i still got hit, when i logged on i had to run from a rancor....something i could kill in an instant before. i am really upset but maybe ROW will make up for my dissapointment. Also, (rumor) i hear that SOE is releasing swg for the ps2....can anyone comfirm or deny these alligations?

Yeah, Its completely out of date. Just another person trying to make themself noticed on the forums. You cant really trust them until they come out on a magazine. Ive seen that floating around a lot of forums including our own, so if you see it, its preaty much taking up space.

it made it so people don't need buffs to have a good time. which kinda screwed over the doctor profession, as they can't really get away with selling buffs for 15,000 a set anymore.

also the combat levels, the higher your combat level, the more powerful you are. cap'd at 80.

I loved the CU so much i cancelled both my accounts because of it.

Apart from the fact it was rush released by SOE(with lucasarts seal of approval),the staggering lack of understanding what the majority of the player base wanted was astounding.

Far from answering anyones concerns people where banned wholesale from the forums,just for speaking out against it,(i was one of those that got banned).

Tiggs arrogance that there was "only 50 people opposed to the CU" was a classic comment,frankly she should have been sacked for that,customer reps are supposed to do that,serve as a go between not sit on a hill playing a fiddle while all around them was burning.

Its a damn shame,the game,while very buggy was a great thing to play,15 months non-stop for me,and for what?

Nothing.

I'm going to be jumping back in myself after a prolonged hiatus of a few months. The CU sounds interesting. Really want to see what I can and cannot do anymore as I have 3 characters.

Really looking forward to handling that assault bowcaster as my Wookie Master Rifleman.:D

Yeah, Im was interested at first when I saw it on my launch pad, then as soon as I logged on I hated it so. For the new players it wont be hard for them becase they just have to learn something new, not like me and others who have stayed on the game for more then a year, now we had to learn something new.

The CU is the best thing that ever happend to SWG, altrough there probbly way more pepole that dislike it , it will make it eventuly a better game!

i always loved hunting rancors whit a group of 20 pepole and still have the chance to get killed it was realy tens. but somehow when everybody maxed out and all armor was maxed out pepole were able to solo rancors. solo rancors? yes! now then the combat ballance came in place , the only problem was that it toook way to long and thay decided to do a jedi revamp first.

soe have made to many bad actions in this game, trough afther thay fired the whole dev team and hired a new one this game has been gowing upwards.

Archived