Home

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II does not work on XP!!!

bootleg42

• 3 weeks later...
Someone got problems with saving the games too? My PC is quiting the game after i saved.

I have this problem too. Whenever I save the game, or load my save when I'm playing the game, it shuts down and I get an error message reading: Jedi Knight Main Executable has encountered a problem and has to be closed. We apologize for the error. I'm using Finnish language Windows XP so i'm not 100% sure of the translation but that's the idea. Then I can only click close, and JK shuts down but the music keeps playing. Then I have to restart the game but the saves still work, it's only annoying, I can live with it but still....

Other problem is that when I upgraded my comp so it now has a PCI-Express graphics card and motherboard (ATI Radeon X800XL 256mb and Asus A8N-SLI board with nVidia nForce 4 SLI chipset, currently using Catalyst 6.2, but happed with older drivers too) I can't choose bigger resolution than 800x600. Before I could get even 1600x1200, not that it would have much difference but I have 17" TFT-display so the screens extra blurry with 800x600 resolution. I didn't see any kind of .ini file in JK's installation flolder where I could force the res to be 1280x1024. Is somebody else having this problem? With my older Radeon 9700 128mb AGP card I could use all resolutions...

Archived