Home

help..cd key ?

vncanadian

• 3 months later...

This started happening to me after I'd already played the game a day or two. It happened in the middle of play. When the server switched to the next map, I got the "Your CD Key is not authorized to play this game"... which, of course, it is, 'cause I was just doing it.

I already checked for typos. My key is clear to me, and correctly typed. I want to know what must be done to correct this problem so that I can play the game. I bought it, I put in your key, and it's not working on some multiplayer games. Single player is fine so far.

You can play on some multiplayer games?

That's correct. I can connect to some multiplayer games, and I've played some single player games [never yet a prob with single player games]. Certain servers [most of the ones I tried incl. the ones I want to play most, with best ping *and* many players] reject my CD key... but I've already played on those servers at least once with this game. Weird. Frustrating.

I've been in touch with Tech Support, they've emailed me a new key and lengthy, tedious instructions for uninstalling the game [which refused to uninstall normally], so that I could reinstall it with the new key.

After I'd done all that, and patched it up to 1.2, I got: the exact same problem. I wrote back to ask what next, and now a day's gone by without an answer.

Archived