Home

WWE WrestleMania XXI: A craptastic dud.

Darth Groovy

For ANY of you Swampies who favor Wrestle games, or were contemplating buying this game. Avoid at all costs.

Personally I HATE Wrestling and anything to do with it....HOWEVER, first read the review, and then let my experiece with the games' buyers speak for themselves.

Teh review:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/wwewrestlemania21/review.html

Teh facts:

I started working as an assistant Manager at GameStop last week. WWE XXI was released on a Tuesday. At one point I had a store FULL of people waiting on this game, AND the lady that was picking it up from the warehouse got stuck in awful traffic. THAT, and COUNTLESS phone calls of when this game would "come in". We were told 3pm, this game didn't show up at the store until after 6pm.

The day after:

At least five people tried to return this game. All of them, had the same complaints. Game freezes, game skips, game won't connect to XBOX live. Needless to say like any other retail outlet, we can't just take back a game that is open simply because it sucks. We will buy it....but that will earn you a cool $15 in store credit. Considering this craptastic game costs $49.99 to begin with...not much of a bargain at all. HOWEVER, to keep customers happy, we DID switch the game out with identical replacements. In the meantime, myself and my staff, are wondering what the Hell is going on.

Day 3:

Recieved e-mail from Gamestop corporate about the problem with XBOX live problems....a fix is being worked on by the developer. Great.

Day 4:

Countless copies of Wrestlemania have been sold to us, even for a paultry $15 in store credit. Apparently it is really THAT bad. The complaints continue, the customers are furious. Some customers actually think it is GameStop's fault the game is gob****e. The best moment was listening to my manager convince a customer, that she did not develope the game, and does not work for either Microsoft or THQ. I am still laughing as I type this.

Day 5:

At this point, the store manager and myself are no longer holding back on the customers. WWEXXI is crap. We STRONGLY recomend to our customers to buy the used version of the game. For those unfamilar with GameStop, if you purchase any of our used games, we offer both a 7day exchange policy (basically, if you think the game sucks, we'll let you bring it back, and get something else. Seriously!), AND a 90 day defect policy. (you see problems in gameplay within 90 days, at this point we will simply replace it with another copy.

Conclusion:

Leave this damn game alone. It is bug ridden, and just poorly developed. Shame since we had a large demand for it, but it has left the customers dissatisfied, and upset. If you are a hard core fan of Wrestling, please....just hold out for something else.

I just don't understand spending money on a wrestling game. Why not get your buddies and just beat the crap out of each other. It's so much more fun.

I can understand games like Jedi Outcast and all, but wrestling you can do in the real world.

Pansys hiding behind their digital people.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I just don't understand spending money on a wrestling game. Why not get your buddies and just beat the crap out of each other. It's so much more fun.

I can understand games like Jedi Outcast and all, but wrestling you can do in the real world.

Pansys hiding behind their digital people.

Sithy, are you familiar with the "Backyard Wrestling" series? :p

Dude... Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy were the best wrestling games period. That WCW game for N64 started it all for me.

I can tell you why this incarnation of Wrestlemania sucks. It wasn't made by Aki Corp.

Oh and I can tell you another reason why it sucks. It's WWE, not WWF.

There hasn't been a good wrestling game since No Mercy on the N64. Period.

I'm surprised you don't take back games though... pretty much all games shops in the UK offer 14day return/exchange policies. I think. I tend to buy second hand anyway.

Humerously, those same game shops have been running a number of "trade in four games get a new chart game free" offers over recent months... and the small print always specifies "no wrestling games!" LOL.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I would agree with that if you were talking about a game like FIFA (get out and play football in the park you lazy f***er) but wrestling hurts. when done for the telly they use a sprung floor and they are just trying to make it look like they hurt each other, when kids start doing it they are going to end up with broken necks. i'm not saying ban "rough play", that would be dumb, but kids copying what they see on tv is also stupid.

as for the game, there are a lot of games that come out unfinished, Enter the matrix is one that springs to mind. the publishers want to get the game out as soon as possable and as a result the developers sign it off before it is really finished.

Originally posted by jon_hill987

I would agree with that if you were talking about a game like FIFA (get out and play football in the park you lazy f***er)

This shows you've never played football/soccer with my friends and me.

... and now I want to play. :(

Originally posted by BongoBob

Wrestlemania 2000 = best wrestling game ever. Even today I will play it. That is, if I could remember where I put the 64 games my mom doesn't know about >.> <.<

Why do you have to hide your games?

Are you talking about 64 as in you own 64 different games, or are you talking about a Nintendo 64? :confused:

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Why do you have to hide your games?

Are you talking about 64 as in you own 64 different games, or are you talking about a Nintendo 64? :confused:

64 = N64. That is what we were talking about...

Archived