Home

Hello? (lo? lo? lo?) Echo! (echo! echo! echo!)

Ack

Any of the guys making the mod still here?

I hope things are at least holding up.

I got word from the guy making the DF Redux mod saying that mod is over. This mod however, has come too far for that!

Please tell me someone is still at least thinking of ways to keep developing this mod...

From what I've gathered, work on DFMOD is still going relatively steadily. They haven't made that progress evident on the webpage, but the lack of updates is nothing new. It would be nice if someone on the team would provide us with some updates, though.

It's not just here either, the entire JK section here on LucasForums has gotten deathly still as of late. And that's one of the problems,...

Quite a few of us are still here. But, as time passes; people's lives change, and their ability to contribute to the mod fades. Many of the team members are becoming more involved with their own lives and less focused on the mod. In the past, there has usually been a fairly steady stream of new recruits to invigorate the mod and help fill out the ranks. But now, it's becoming increasingly difficult to enlist new members.

I won't lie to you. There has been the hint of surrender amongst the team. The of corruption of ruin and decay as the interest in the mod wanes. However, the majority of the remaining team are still not prepared to give in, and are determined yet to see this mod to fruition.

Now I can't officially speak for the team though. I am but a humble modeler, and have little real effect or influence on the actual progress or direction of the mod. But there is a need for those skilled in mapping and coding. If you are interested in seeing the mod persevere, these positions still need to be filed.

Keeping the forum lively will also help to keep the interest of the general public. If you feel the urge to comment on a thread, don't be hesitant to do so, discussion can only promote progress.

Hapslash, thanks :)

I could never have written it better :p

Fact is, most of the team are really busy with real life things.

So even if we had the human resources available the coordination would be a bit difficult.

I think that we will be able to work more on the mod during next holiday season.

And a few people are still working in secret ;)

With any mod there's always a period of "down time", especially after the completion of something as large as a three level demo. And right now many people are coming to the end of their school semesters and things such as exams and finals tend to get in the way.

I'm here too. Though I've been very quiet an busy with another non-gaming projects (like studying music, starting a new relation ship =P, working...) I'm still in the mod and waiting for some new concepts on the dark trooper phase 2 to start modelling it.

I was supposed to start mapping also. But not only I don't find the time for such a work, I'm also starting to feel that I suck at mapping =(.

I'm just wondering if you guys could post a pack of all the guns you've made? I'm REALLY itching for that Concussion Rifle and the Fusion Cutter!!!

:D

BTW: No offense, but the E-11 you guys made isn't very realistic, the Movie Battles one is pretty good though. :eek:

Well, the E-11 is based on the DF version of it, so I think it looks awesome. It looks a hell of a lot better than the actual JA does. Compare them two and you will find the DF Mod one to be a lot more artistic and much nicer.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by HapSlash

I won't lie to you. There has been the hint of surrender amongst the team. The of corruption of ruin and decay as the interest in the mod wanes. However, the majority of the remaining team are still not prepared to give in, and are determined yet to see this mod to fruition.

Now I can't officially speak for the team though. I am but a humble modeler, and have little real effect or influence on the actual progress or direction of the mod. But there is a need for those skilled in mapping and coding. If you are interested in seeing the mod persevere, these positions still need to be filed.

Hmm. Have you tried recruiting at all from elsewhere? I could see if anyone on the KotOR modding board would be willing to come help with this...

Guys, don't give up the fight! Mods take a while. Just 5 short months ago, you had ten THOUSAND downloads for the demo. The interest is there, you just need to keep working on it, and start doing progress updates, and people will come back.

Don't let it end with that 3 level demo... That made people want it more than ever, and the completion will certainly be celebrated.

Archived