Home

Hello? (lo? lo? lo?) Echo! (echo! echo! echo!)

Ack

I was beginning to think that now that it's summer I'd have time to sign up and work on the mod--but then I looked at the calendar and realized I'll be lucky to be home half the time. I'll see what I can do, but first I should probably start on a webpage I promised I'd make about a year ago...

• 1 month later...

Actually more has happened to the mod in the last couple of months than in the past year. Our webmaster is currently getting ready for college and looking for a job and doesn't have a lot of time right now to work on the update. I have stuff ready for the update and I know there are a bunch of new screenshots ready as well. As soon as The_One gets some free time I'm sure the update'll happen.

Here is an update for you, I've finished the music for the first 6 levels (and thus the first 12 levels), plus I've finished the Jan Voiceovers for the mission briefings. I'm currently working on some of the cutscenes for Gromas and the detention center.

Originally posted by Jennaida

A month gone by since the claim there'd be a major update soon, and no major update. :( I'm starting to think more and more that it's sliding into the abyss. :(

Sorry, the last few weeks have been very busy - there was a bereavement in my family, which obviously means my work on the mod has been way down the priority list recently.

Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something soon, but my life has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride this year, and I haven't seen much normality.

You'll just have to bear with me whilst I sort things out. Just remember that a lack of website updates does not neccessarily mean nothing is being done on the mod. It just means we're not showing it to you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The mod team has previously stated that there won't be another demo before the release of the full mod, and I would assume they haven't changed their minds yet. They said it takes way too much time to prepare a demo release, and it brings everything else to a standstill. I'm just waiting on that big website update, myself. Patiently, of course. :)

The mod team has previously stated that there won't be another demo before the release of the full mod, and I would assume they haven't changed their minds yet.

Don't count on it ;)

I'm just waiting on that big website update, myself. Patiently, of course. :)

It's coming...fear not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically, we need all the files that are in the PC package :-P

But not many Mac users tried the mod, and no one asked for such an installer until now,

so i don't think we need one really. Thanks for the offer, we might ask you for the next part... somewhen in future...

But only a very very little, please ;)

And i thought no one was interested in the mod anymore... ;-)

Currently our team leader is moving, so our primary development file system is offline.

Thats not a problem, it will be back in a few.

Meanwhile, everyone has own duties, and the team is working in silence.

We already have a bunch of new screenshots, so the next update will be definitely interesting, that's all for now.

Don't ever think that no one is interested in the mod anymore, Fracman. People still are.

They're just news-starved for information. If they get a huge update on information and such sometime soon, they'd probably all celebrate and the mod interested would kick back into full swing.

Any loss of interest right now is probably on the idea that with no updates, it's dead. Show that it isn't, and announce it from the tallest tree. You might be surprised at the interest :)

I too am also looking forward to the "Big Update" just like the rest of the die hard, hardcore fans of DF. I myself am involved with the SOTE MOD, so I realize that promised "big updates" don't always happen (we totally missed the demo date for a pre EP3 release back in April) as scheduled for the following reasons:

We all have real world jobs other than modding. Modding does not pay the rent/mortgage, car payment etc...

The majority of us (the entire modding community as a whole) are students (HS, College), so classes come first....hopefully.

These MODS are a labour of love, done for fun and not a dime of income, profit, proceeds etc... in any way, shape , or form monetarily, and it would be ILLEGAL to accept absolutely, positively anything other than simple recognition for it. Lastly, it takes anywhere from 1 to 30 hours (depending on the size and complexity of the level itself) to complie/ recompile these levels once you make a change, so consider how much time that wastes/requires while making a level like..Talay for instance?

I personally still have full confidence in the DF MOD Team to release a finished product/Version 3 if you will...even if it is only 3 more levels as opposed to the entire game recreated. DF MOD Team has accomplished something absolutely wonderful with the first 3 levels so far, so whatever the finished product, I will be thankful for it. They have come this far, and the screencaptures show a lot of future material that I'm sure these folks just aren't going to simply waste, trash, disregard, etc...

My only suggestion would be that in lieu of "The Big Update", the team members may want to do a lot more frequent postings in the fourms and .plans on the website.

Keep on rocking, you're doing a kickazz job so far!!! DF2/JK, this means you too!!

Oh yeah, be on the lookout for a SOTE Media/Trailer release before end of year 2005...serious work is happening on this now.

Peace,

MG

Archived