Home

Is this the end?

RaV™

All good things must come to an end. It's the longevity (in which this case, several decades) that's the true test.

Much as Tolkein's stories, he knew when to 'stop'. His story had been told, and it was left at that... and from that, it's weathered through time to become a classic that has little to no equal...

I believe Lucas has accomplished this, and will let his 'beast' retire and enjoy the ride...

Frankly, as in most cases, the more you build on it... the less 'impact' it will have...

Let it retire as "Champion" (remember what happened to the Superman movies?.. ugghhh)... ;)

I'm sure between Fans and the EU, StarWars will live on for generations to come :)

R.I.P. (Retire In Peace) in StarWars, and thanks for the wonderful Ride!

Yes a great ride, but seeing..

Anakin beat the crap out of people and everything in ROTS

would get you pumped for another movie, but people have to retreat back to A New Hope which has no special effects like the new ones do

Well, the sad fact is that when George Lucas passes away, Lucasfilms will come under the control of others, like all corperations who's founders pass away, and these people are not looking at things the way Lucas would, the Star Wars property holds too much money-making potential and corperate commitees historically are out to make money, so...

We will see more Star Wars... it is inevitable... I just hope it fares better than poor Star Trek did.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Well, the sad fact is that when George Lucas passes away, Lucasfilms will come under the control of others, like all corperations who's founders pass away, and these people are not looking at things the way Lucas would, the Star Wars property holds too much money-making potential and corperate commitees historically are out to make money, so...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...... I never thought about that.....

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ...... I never thought about that.....

I did. If you are a Lord of the Rings fan, you will feel that now, with Tolkien no more and only his limited books to read. It is a pity,since that man had heaps of info on Middle-Earth in his brain and reading a ME-book written by someone else just doesn't feel right. It's a strange feeling of conscience.

Anyways, Lucas should live for some 10-15 years more, so pipe down, people.

I've also thought about that. I just haven't ever found a way to say it nicely.

Well, the sad fact is that when George Lucas passes away...

Good job, RedHawke! It's better than, "When he dies..." <_<;;

Then there are the rumors(or whatever) that his daughters will take over... >_>;;

Originally posted by Derc

Then there are the rumors(or whatever) that his daughters will take over... >_>;;

Even still, they are also human beings and have to make money for the company to survive, and the Star Wars name is a sure-fire moneymaker.

We will see more Star Wars... it is inevitable... I just hope it fares better than poor Star Trek did.

RH, you said exactly what I was thinking. Im a Trek fan, so I'm doubley sad.

If his daughters do it, well, maybe? If memory serves, didn't Tolkens son try to write a few sequels. I never read them, though, but I don't think they were on par with the originals, from what I hear.

IF they are done well, I wouldn't mind someone eles making them. I doubt they will be, though.

Lucas has made remarks that he will do episodes 7-9. He has also said episode 3 is the last. So, only time will tell. I'm not sure he even knows for sure.

And, ChAiNz, please dont mention the Superman movies again. I think I may have nightmares today.:p

Don't say that! You will make it really happen!:D

There is more to Star Wars:

LIKE:

-Make a KOTOR triology

-Make Star Wars series

-Make episode 7 explaining the destiny of the Galaxy and Darth Sidious' nature

There may be more, but I can't think of anything else right now...

Knowing Lucas, he probably has his own Hyperbolic chamber.... if he were to walk around in a black helmet breathing heavily, I wouldn't flinch ;)

Lucas will live forever... or at least until the batteries on his chest plate dies :lol:

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

Knowing Lucas, he probably has his own Hyperbolic chamber.... if he were to walk around in a black helmet breathing heavily, I wouldn't flinch ;)

Lucas will live forever... or at least until the batteries on his chest plate dies :lol:

Why am I suddenly reminded of Ted Williams?

it could be said and i'm sure it has been said that this new trilogy of sw films were a pure money making experience for lucas

personally i am not a big fan of them but i intend to go to the cinema on may 19 to watch eps3

i have also heard it said and denied that there the films episode 7-9 will be his next venture

i have also heard it said and denied that once eps3 is out to own luca will make a 3d version of eps 4-6

however the cartoon series the clone wars is a big hit and will probably expand into something larger

it has been confirmed that there will be a tv series based in the star wars universe

i do not personally believe this is the end there is way to much money to be made in sw and lucas knows it same as everyone else

so even when lucas passes away there'll probably be a minutes silence all over the world as he is being buried all the cinemas will play all his films and lucasfilms will be passed on and none of us can predict what will happen then

but i think it very unlikely that this will be the end of star wars as we know it

dont forget that there was almost a 25yr gap between the making of eps 4-6 and eps 1-3 and i have to wander that if mr lucas had never made eps 1-3 would we be having this debate but i find it highly unlikely that the star wars will ever die even if they dont make any more films

Originally posted by Aleggy

dont forget that there was almost a 25yr gap between the making of eps 4-6 and eps 1-3 and i have to wander that if mr lucas had never made eps 1-3 would we be having this debate but i find it highly unlikely that the star wars will ever die even if they dont make any more films

If, it doesn't die even without the movies being made, then what will keep it alive? Games and Comics?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived