Home

Tell me if this smells like your doom! *spoilerific*

Um..

If you've beaten the game and watched the trailer, in the trailer there is a scene where Dr. Loboto Talks to Lilli and says "We're going to have to remove your brain and shoot innocent civilians with its tactical death beam! The good news is that your insurance is going to cover the whole thing." I never saw that cutscene in my game... has anyone see it?

You should be able to view all the cutscenes with a Bink viewer if you want to check if it's even on the disc. I've found at least one cut-scene that's triggered only if you're at the right place at the right time, so it's a possibility I guess.

I think that voice-over may have been recorded specifically for the trailer. It shows blue-prints and other things that, in the game, Raz explains instead of Dr Loboto. It wouldn't make sense to have Dr Loboto re-explain what the player already understands thanks to Raz.

If it did get cut, maybe they decided the player should know what the brains are being harvested for at the beginning, instead of finding out at the very end when it doesn't matter anymore. Hence, Raz talking to himself instead of Loboto talking to Lilli.

Just a thought.

Nope! As I loaded the final moment of the game, I noticed that I still had two cut-scenes I haven't seen in the asylum part, so I went around and poked for a bit and realized:

Use clairvoyance on lilli's bracelet and you get the scene in the trailer! Not in the top of the tower where Dr. Loboto is, but anytime before that.

There's one more cut-scene I need to figure out, but when and where does it trigger? hmm...

Archived