Home

Fighting more than one planet at a time

It's probably handled one battle at a time.

So your turn either looks like Rome: Total War's turn:

- Management and troop movement.

- [battle resolved when you move troops to enemy]

- More management and troop movement.

or

- Management and troop movement.

- Battles resolved at end of turn, once you're done moving.

But as it's real-time (and probably 100% real-time, as in no turns), I think it'll be like the first list.

Indeed I hope I beleive it would be like Rome, in which multiple battles can be fought in a single turn, but you don't have to fight them all at once yourself. I think your taking 'real time' a little too far.

How would that work anyway, Darth Alec? In Empire at War and Rome: Total War both, the battles are handled in different places far away from each other. In Age of Empires II you can slide the camera from one location to another. In Empire at War you'd have to switch between the two battle areas or something.

I honestly can not see how it'd work.

Oh, and as for MP, this game had better have MP campaigns, unlike Rome: Total War. That Rome supported only battles in MP mode was a pretty big let-down:(.

The way it was explained by Tosti in one of the gamespot interviews is there is a 2D map which serves as your commander's screen. You can see all of your planets, all your fleets in space, and I think whatever's on the ground. So, it is possible that you can send two different fleets to two different star systems... it's just do you want to do that because of the sheer micromanagement you'll have to do if both places have adequate defenses?

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

How would that work anyway, Darth Alec? In Empire at War and Rome: Total War both, the battles are handled in different places far away from each other. In Age of Empires II you can slide the camera from one location to another. In Empire at War you'd have to switch between the two battle areas or something.

Yeah, there was that problem........ maybe some kind of battle screen or something. I only mean that there should be 100% realtime and not some kind of turn system like heroes and the like.

I think Ranre's idea would be more suitable, or the other fleets could be controlled by AI squads. And when your done with the current battle you could take command of another fleet that is in combat.

I think all battles should take place at the same time and that it most likely would be handled through this galactic 2d map and unless your there the battles are handled by an AI commander and thta you should be able to assign a commander to each fleet each with their own tactics strengths and weaknesses.

Turn Based combat blows big time and it's not realism and it wouldn;t do anything at all for realism

Archived