Home

General Grievous

NeoMarz1

O.k.... So now I am making another model detour, imagine that. I have had a lot of requests for Grievous, so I decided to make it the next thing. I recently have gotten ahold of the "attack of the clones animated series", and now I have the Grievous bug!

Mars out...

Here is the first screen...

grievousshot7xr.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Zappa_0

Oh boy! I could kiss you marz! This will make you the ultimate modeler ever! No one will be able to say grievous without thinking of neomarz! :D

Well... I dont know about that, but I appreciate the comment. There are plenty of great modelors out there. The problem with my work, is that I dont have the patience to get through a project. It takes everything in my power to keep from just slamming these things out. My work would certainly be better if I could master the patience. Mars out

Originally posted by Zappa_0

Thats a good question...and I thikn you are doing just fine with the models marz...no complants here!

Thanks, I appreciate that... Well, I may decide to do both two and four arms, but I'm not sure the four arms is going to be that great, cuz I'm pretty sure I cant get four sabers... Not sure I could weight the extra arms, without the bones to support a good animation. I thought it might be possible to put in some saber tags, but that is a stretch... I'm pretty sure that wouldnt work. Mars out

Would there be a variation with the cloak wrapped all around him? He may look weird fighting like that but it'd be really cool.

EDIT: Also if you need any more refernce pics i can send them or put them up here. I have 18.5 MB of them.

Well, there is no comparision to a HapSlash model, He is truly the master... But I will get this out probably faster, Only cuz I will keep the detail down a bit.

Here it the latest screen, Just the arms and cape, then I move onto mapping.

Keep in mind that nothing is scaled... Simply cuz the mesh will need to be fitted to the standard skelaton... hope that doesnt look bad. Mars out

grievousshot24dr.jpg

Originally posted by Infinity Blade

Uhm, thanks.... I think... ;)

Well... It was meant as a compliment, honestly. I just know that I dont pick over my models as much as the others. For instance, the Vader model I released could have been better, had I just pushed my patience level a little more. Anyhow, I have a feeling that I may be able to pull off a quality Grievous model. Since I'm starting to warm up to the project (more than I thought previously).

Back to the first thought... I'm confused, I was unaware that it was "Infinity Blade" working on the other model. Well the screenshot I saw over at "Blades side" looked pretty impressive (from what I could see)... I dont mind people putting out different styles of the same model. Its all for fun anyhow... I dont really have a competitive spirit (I spend too much time competing against myself). One thing I like to see is how others arrive at the end of a common project. Every person seems to see the same thing a little different. Its very interesting, and you learn something by watching other people work.

Mars out

Neo, if you happen to have an urge to make a realistic Greivous let me know. Specifically one with 4 arms. I'd like to have a go at creating an entire set of working anims. I wouldn't do 7 saber styles, just two. That should be enough for coders to reasonably impliment.

But I'm definately interested.

Originally posted by keshire

Neo, if you happen to have an urge to make a realistic Greivous let me know. Specifically one with 4 arms. I'd like to have a go at creating an entire set of working anims. I wouldn't do 7 saber styles, just two. That should be enough for coders to reasonably impliment.

But I'm definately interested.

sure.... that sounds great... I can do a skelaton for that after this first release. send me and e-mail, so I can add you to my mail list. Mars out

O.k..... O.k.... so now D Vader's got this really cool Grievous model, So whats a guy to do? Mars pulls out the mighty paintbrush of "fix all", and makes a bold stroke across Grievous's face. This ahwta do it. I'm shy 2 cents on perfection, but all is well. Mars out!

I have to say the other model looks quite good, but here is my latest screen.

grievoushead7py.jpg

Archived