Home

The system sucks...

El Sitherino

You think that is ****? You haven't seen India's legal system yet. Not to insult my country, but the legal system deserves to be insulted.

In 1993, terrorists under the gang of the mysterious mafia don Dawood Ibrahim bombed Bombay. The suspects were named and all, but the trial hasn't taken place yet. It's been 12 years, Dawood must have fled to Pakistan/Afghanistan and his gang member separated. But the trial still hasn't taken place, the suspects not even in lock-up.

That's just the judicial system. The police are insanity. Their recent streak of humiliating events has completely broken my faith in them for security.

Bribes are common, but now Police hold up bar girls, tell them that they are not from India (which they are) and ask them to produce their documents. The girls can't and are forced to pay money to the police.

Recently, a girl and two boys were travelling along when a policeman called them. He was accusing them of something and said that wants to interrogate the girl, not the boys. The boys were asked to leave and the policeman raped the girl. The mob that followed wouldn't have left him alive if it were not for the police.

The most horrible incident yet is when a policeman barged in and demanded money. When he couldn't get it, he beat up the men in the house and raped the women. Even when a neighbour called the police, the police just calmly took him away. Wether they put him on trial or not is unknown. Wether they compensated the family, that too is unknown.

The prick kills my friend and they're allowing him to go free until his trial. Complete, and under bull****.

And a friend of mine got raped and half a year later still shared an apartment complex with the rapist. She pressed charges and everything, took it to a higher court... Nothing:mad: .

The cops are too busy arresting kids bringing scissors, $2 bills, and burritoes to school to do anything worthwhile, it seems.

You think that is ****? You haven't seen India's legal system yet. Not to insult my country, but the legal system deserves to be insulted.

And don't get me started on Norway.

Geez, I remember some time ago when this girl in her twenties (I think) was kidnapped. The cops let the kidnappers go free because "jail could be damaging to their mental health". What the ****?!

Not to mention that the country has only once charged a woman with rape (also just some time ago), and that if a rape victim doesn't offer resistance, the rapist goes free afterwards. Otherwise, he gets a measly <1-4 years of jail:rolleyes:.

Be outraged. Spread this story, Sith, it's one of the best ways to get attention. Second to getting a molotov coctail and tossing it into a court house window, that is (but you're probably better off not doing it, whether or not they deserve it:rolleyes: )...

That's pretty damn stupid.

if a rape victim doesn't offer resistance, the rapist goes free afterwards

WTF? What if he threatens to bash your head in if you offer resistance? Does that make it less of a crime?

The sad truth is that many legal systems worldwide are increasingly biased towards treating perpetrators with respect, and sidelining victims. Corruption is nothing new, either, it just seems to be more blatant these days.

I feel for you Sith, but I can't say I'm surprised this happened. :(

I just don't understand this, what exactly are their reasons for letting him go?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

All I can say is if he flees, I'm probably going to do something rash.

Don't, you know full well that if you do the system will work for him.

god, it must suck to be "the system"... no one notices you or congratulates you or appreciates you as you potter along quietly doing your job for years, but everytime anything goes slightly wrong its all "the system"'s fault...

I'm just waiting for someone to start ranting about how "it wasn't like this when i was a lad!"

whatever...

WTF? What if he threatens to bash your head in if you offer resistance? Does that make it less of a crime?

In the eyes of our politicians, it apparently does:mad: .

No one notices you or congratulates you or appreciates you as you potter along quietly doing your job for years, but everytime anything goes slightly wrong its all "the system"'s fault...

I know. Nowadays you can't even set murderers free without taking 88mm flak for it... What's become of this land:rolleyes: ?

I don't mess with politics that go "slightly wrong". I do, however, have a gripe with politics that are - at best - seriously flawed, as this case clearly is:mad:.

"Before you critizise a man, walk a mile in his shoes" - Someone wise

No offense, but what I see here is a bunch of teenagers yelling "Crucify, crucify!" against a kid they know nothing about.

The court obviously believed that the chance of him running away was very slim, and I think we ought to respect that judgement. After all, the court has far more information and insight in this case and his person than we have, right?

And he's been in prison for a damn year, after all. How 'bout giving the lad a breather, eh? Will help him get back to society as a law-abiding person, which is a win-win situation.

I'd critizise the legal system in a minute - but unlike most of here, I think it's too strict. The court in a civilized society should be constructive and based on forgiveness and cooperation, rather than the primitive principles of blood vengeance.

Archived