Home

Full Control or Choose attacks

What kind of combat do you like?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of combat do you like?

• I like full control.
    • I like choosing attacks ahead of time.
    • I like them both.
    • What are you talking about?!

Originally posted by Tomb King

Would you like to have full combat control in when you press a button, and your guy preforms an attack or the Kotor combat when you choose an attack, and when it's your turn, your guy automaticly preforms them.

in other words, do we prefer real-time combat or turn-based??

IMHO, real-time is the most fun for me (since i'm an avid FPS player). turn-based can be good (especially strategy-wise), but only if the turn system is done right. Kotor's system would be one of those that was done correctly.

Originally posted by The Hidden One

I like them both. But Kotor did turn-based exceptionaly well.

Yeah, but you gotta admit,it gets a tad repititive when you are like, halfway down the game. (KOTOR1, dunno bout 2).

Better yet, they should include an option. Both button bashers and turn-based RPGers will be happy! :D

Originally posted by RedHawke

I am all for keeping RPG Games and FPS Games very, very seperate... even for consoles.

before i played kotor on the xbox i might have disagreed with that statement

in fact before i played kotor i might have said that i dont like the turn based combat system

but i agree that it does work and i am definately up for keeping the 2 types of gaming seperate

^^^^

jeez, where did you guys get that notion???

up until Redhawke said something about combining the two genres, nobody else mentioned it.

and yes, none of the Kotor series should be a third-person shooter. then you might as well slap on the JK label on it and completely ruin the series.

Originally posted by Prime

Everyone repeat after me:

"KOTOR must never become a third person shooter!"

As Prime requested;

"KOTOR must never become a third person shooter!"

Originally posted by stingerhs

jeez, where did you guys get that notion???

up until Redhawke said something about combining the two genres, nobody else mentioned it.

Mine was not the first, try the post from Sabretooth above mine...

Originally posted by Sabretooth

Better yet, they should include an option. Both button bashers and turn-based RPGers will be happy! :D

This is a clear request for combining the 2 game genres... of which I disagreed with in my post.

I like them both.

Though you should've seen me when I was a KOTOR newb...when I thought it was an action RPG(third person shooter).

*mashes buttons*

"Why isn't my guy attacking!?"

:o

Archived