Home

Weird ass Revenge of the Sith review/complaint *Spoiler tags*

El Sitherino

Click.

Review by Katrina Maguire

GEORGE Lucas is about to receive a letter from my nine year old son informing him that his history of that famous galaxy far, far away is about as accurate as a light saber in the hands of an ewok.

Anakin Skywalker, my little boy's hero, was never tempted by the dark side, let alone fated to become its leading evildoer, and Lucas's attempts to cast him in that evil twilight have caused the Stars Wars writer and producer to grow horns on his head and develop glowing hot coals for eyes.

This week I explained to my son that he wouldn't be seeing Revenge Of The Sith, the final instalment of Star Wars, for two reasons - one because of it's reputed violence and darkness and two because seeing the hero of The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones turn so breathtakingly evil, particularly when he is the idol of children the world over, is amoral movie making at its worst and a betrayal of childish trust.

I was suprised by son's reaction. "I don't want to see it anyway," he said. "George Lucas doesn't know what he's talking about. Why would a good hero become evil? He wouldn't have been a hero in the first place, would he?

"It's too stupid. If Anakin was Darth Vader then Darth Vader couldn't have been so bad, could he? George Lucas is dumb".

Indeed, if George Lucas thinks Anakin Skywalker is his character to remake and remould however he chooses, he may be seriously mistaken.

Judging by my son's reaction I can see Revenge Of The Sith spawning a whole range of breach of copyright actions as the young followers of Anakin Skywalker attempt to correct this perverted telling of his story.

My young one has vowed to remake the movie and has already started work on the script.

I hope it's a vast improvement on Lucas's effort. This producer has betrayed his young fans just as he has Anakin betraying

the Jedi younglings in one of the movie's most horrific moments.

Anakin Skywalker enters the council room to find the younglings hiding behind seats. As they emerge one reputedly asks, "What should we do, Master Anakin?" The question is met with a stony faced Skywalker firing up his lightsaber. Cut! The next time you see the younglings Master Yoda is identifying their their corpses.

Revenge Of The Sith sounds as though it is little more than George Lucas wallowing in a sea of self indulgence. He apparently has no concern about conflicting the emotions of children and breaking their hearts. It would be a different matter if The Star Wars series hadn't been pitched at children, as it has been until now.

I hope parents and kids vote with their feet on this movie and keep walking past the cinemas that are showing it after it premieres at the end of this month. Who knows, it may just inspire George Lucas to research the history of that galaxy with greater diligence.

I can't help but laugh at the idiocy.

Anakin becomes Vader, of course he's going to be an evil, twiste, son of a bitch. And if she'd bother to see the OT, and show it to her child, he/she'd realize Anakin is redeemed after seeing the strength of his son.

Originally posted by Mike Windu

Someone tell that n00b that he should find a better role model than Ani... :D

Mine's his alter-ego, Vader. :emodanc:

I guess that makes me evil. :p

Originally posted by KBell

The Empire Strikes back is just as violant. If he let his kid see that, then there's no point in censoring this one from him :rolleyes:

It's a she, but yeah.

I think her big complaint is Anaking going from a "hero" to a psychopathic villian. Which is still idiotic, if she had watched the OT along with her retarded kid.

20 bucks says his script will suck out loud.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

20 bucks says his script will suck out loud.

What do you expect... an overprotected 9 year old child writing a Star Wars movie script where Anakin doesn't become Darth Vader in the end... :rolleyes:

....Thats the worst piece of crap ive heard in a long time! Of course Anakin turns evil! If he did'nt all the sequels would'nt make any sence... That is so retard I feel sorry for that sheltered child...Hes probally siked about seeing...Heck I'd "borrow" the car for the day.

I seriously wonder if some people have been lobotomised while sleeping. The whole series of films is about the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker, and that's been common knowledge for many, many years. :rolleyes:

Besides, Anakin has never really been much of a hero. He slaughtered a whole encampment of sand people (including women and children) who were not inherently evil. That was okay then, was it? That's like saying 'That white guy beat up my mom, so let's get down to some ethnic cleansing and eradicate them all...' Some role model... :rolleyes:

ROTS has a darker theme, and a different age rating to match it. That should be sufficient for most people with a modicum of intelligence.

uh what a nOOOOOOOOOOOb

its been a known issue that anakin skywalker was suduced by the dark side since ep4. plus anakin was a whiny little beeeeeoooootch in ep 1 and 2 anyway why would you even make him a role model? he should have picked jar jar instead... ^^ (ducks and runs for dear life)

What the heck is wrong with these people?! Practically everyone knows that Anakin becomes Vader, so why would they make him their role model? It's Lucas' creation, so he can do whatever he wants with the movies. Heck, he could have Anakin disco dancing with Jar Jar every third scene if he wanted to (the fans wouldn't be pleased, but you see my point).

You have to take the movie into context with the rest of the story. I think the prequel trilogy, combined with the OT, actually provides a very good moral message to children. The prequel's message is that evil can corrupt anyone, even those who are committed to fighting it. However, the OT shows that good can overcome evil, redeeming even those who seem beyond hope.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

he could have Anakin disco dancing with Jar Jar every third scene if he wanted to (the fans wouldn't be pleased, but you see my point).

Oh, just wait until the Über-Special-Disco Edition due release fall 2008. :D

This is ridiculous....

If that's not a joke that woman is idiot. We all wait for this bad ending while she says it's wrong :rolleyes:

I think she didnt saw the old trilogy and the two new films...

What we always waited to see is finally so close and she's saying it is wrong....

The kid must be dumb too.

"George Lucas doesn't know what he's talking about. Why would a good hero become evil? He wouldn't have been a hero in the first place, would he?" "It's too stupid. If Anakin was Darth Vader then Darth Vader couldn't have been so bad, could he? George Lucas is dumb".

Indeed, if George Lucas thinks Anakin Skywalker is his character to remake and remould however he chooses, he may be seriously mistaken.

Judging by my son's reaction I can see Revenge Of The Sith spawning a whole range of breach of copyright actions as the young followers of Anakin Skywalker attempt to correct this perverted telling of his story.

This part was the most wrong. (wrongest? whatever.)

George Lucas DOES know what he's talking about, since this is a part of the storyline he had set up from the beginning. Calling him dumb ain't gonna change that, maybe if they cared for Star Wars as much as they would have us believe, they'd know all that. Surely they must have noticed Obi-wan calling Vader 'Anakin' in Episode 6? How can she say that Anakin ISN'T GL's property, when he made the character? And how is this a perverted telling of the story, when it's the first and only version of the story?

Think, people, think!

EDIT:

Who knows, it may just inspire George Lucas to research the history of that galaxy with greater diligence.

What history? He's making this up! How can he research this. I sincerely hope this IS a joke... No-one can be that stupid.

She's making it sound like it's a real galaxy out there somewhere, and that she knows what's been going on, and GL is telling it wrong. That's just too dumb. My brain hurts from reading this...

Wow, obviously that guy has never been into the real world and wants to shelter his son from it as well. To those two, you're either a goodguy or a badguy, you can't be goodguy who turns into a badguy cause there's no such thing apparantly XD

They definately shouldn't leave their house.

Ok, first of all, you can't have watched the OT without knowing that Vader is Anakin. As said before, Obi calls him Anakin in 6, not to mention the fact that Luke says "You were once my father, Anakin Skywalker." Vader doesn't like that, but he doesn't deny it either.

Finally, if that mom thinks Ani's a hero, she should take another look at the series:

Ep 1: Ani destroyed the Trade Fed ship, it's true, but he did so by accident. It was not what he intended to do.

Ep 2: He's no hero! He killed every single Tusken in that tribe. He fell in love and got married (both things that go against the Jedi way). He was captured on Geonosis and had to be rescued. No, Ani's no hero.

Besides, in both 1 and 2, you could tell he was falling. Growing more and more angry. This has to happen for it to line up with the OT... anybody who can't see that has been either drunk or stoned their entire life.

Archived