Home

Star Wars Episode Three - Revenge of the Sith: The Video Game *spoiler tags*

El Sitherino

Originally posted by DarkLord60

Low quality movie clips

Hardly. These are about the same as the LoTR movie clips from the Two Towers game, which if I'm not mistaken were direct digital copies. Perhaps your hardware needs fixing.

First 5 levels cover only first 30 minutes of movie

And that's bad how?

Only Anakin and Obi-Wan are playable in SP

That being bad is only a matter of personal preference. Considering these are the two main characters in which the movie highlights, I think it's reasonable to assume the game will highlight them as well.

Graphics are decent but could be much better shame on you LucasArts

Considering the amount of interaction, too much of a boost in graphics would cause major system lag. These are 5 year old systems we're talking about. They can't handle too much. The graphics are on par with low-medium settings of Jedi Outcast on a system with ps2 specs.

More MP characters please I want to play Darth Maul

Agreed.

NOT THE ULTIMATE JEDI EXPERIENCE!

Complete (as realisticly possible considering the consoles we're on) interaction with enviroment, unlimited number of combinations, ability to use the force in near endless possible ways.

I'd say it is the ultimate jedi experience.

Name me any other star wars game that allows you to do so much.

i've skipped most of this thread to avoid spoilers, so i hope you'll forgive me if this is already mentioned elsewhere

Is it a bit like ninja gaiden? I assume when you say it is like a side scroller that it isn't actually from the side on viewpoint. Is it?

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Hardly. These are about the same as the LoTR movie clips from the Two Towers game, which if I'm not mistaken were direct digital copies. Perhaps your hardware needs fixing.

And that's bad how?

That being bad is only a matter of personal preference. Considering these are the two main characters in which the movie highlights, I think it's reasonable to assume the game will highlight them as well.

Considering the amount of interaction, too much of a boost in graphics would cause major system lag. These are 5 year old systems we're talking about. They can't handle too much. The graphics are on par with low-medium settings of Jedi Outcast on a system with ps2 specs.

Agreed.

Complete (as realisticly possible considering the consoles we're on) interaction with enviroment, unlimited number of combinations, ability to use the force in near endless possible ways.

I'd say it is the ultimate jedi experience.

Name me any other star wars game that allows you to do so much.

Haha wow you must really love the game.

Well I have to say The movie clips are better on my big TV but sound in clips is too quiet.

I still think Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and JO are the kings of Jedi games.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

female posters should be wary of using this word to describe their zeal for anything :(

Why exactly is this? Is there some rule that male-seeming creatures can safely call themselves whores in a humorous sense, but female-seeming creatures cannot? I must've missed the memo. :p

Looking forward to this game. ^^ Although honestly I hoped it'd be like the Phantom Menace game sans flaws XD (especially with good saber combat ;))

Haha wow you must really love the game.

Because never before have we actually gotten to do all this stuff. Other games have you just slash a door open. Screw that, I want to slice that sucker like a pig.

Interaction with the enviroment is something we've all dreamed about and now we have it. Of course I love it, I finally get to live out my dreams, virtually, but still live them out.

Well I have to say The movie clips are better on my big TV but sound in clips is too quiet.

The clips were pressed in before any ADR was done. So yeah, the sounds are quiet and a bit off. But the quality is hardly bad.

And I won't fight your opinion. They're indeed very good games.

But that is like comparing Neverwinter Nights to Return of the King. Different genre, style and camera.

I can't speak for the consoles, but on the DS, I like the 'two path' game (Anakin & ObiWan do different stuff), customization of Force Powers and player characteristics, and various unlockables.

I've even done OK so far with flight ... there might be hope for me yet ;)

Mike

Originally posted by Redwing

Why exactly is this? Is there some rule that male-seeming creatures can safely call themselves whores in a humorous sense, but female-seeming creatures cannot? I must've missed the memo. :p

bah..I was expecting this from you or STTCT :p whore is an ugly word, especially on a pg 13 forum... but if you gals(or guys) like calling yourselves that, more power to ya !! :D

I played this game at the store the other day.... sure Its fun, but there was part of me that kept thinking "Jedi Power Battles 2005" not that that is a bad thing..... I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks so I can check it out properly :)

mtfbwya

Welp, I've always had a thing for beat-em-ups, from the TMNT games for NES and SNES to the Final Fight series. Even that Tekken force mode hooked me for a bit.

So far, I've really had fun with this game. I'm simply respecting it for what it is, not exactly Soul Calibur a la Star Wars, but an enjoyable little action-fest. Force powers took a little getting used to, particularly in force throwing things in the direction you want... and not next to the wall where you happen to be standing. :o In my opinion, the combat is probably the best looking and most enjoyable system I have ever seen for this kind of game. Lots of cool moves, and I was extremely impressed with the fact that all of the duel characters, in MP and SP, have their own styles and set of moves. Graphics are okay, audio is pretty good sans the voice acting (yuck!).

However, the game sure does lack depth. To be honest, I think even the combat could have been deeper. If the developers could have had a few more months of development time, we could have had a much better product here. And oh my god, with a little bit of tweaking, the multiplayer duels could have been as good as Soul Calibur as far as I'm concerned. But blah, although I don't think it is quite the ultimate Jedi experience.... it is fun and addictive if you're into this kind of gameplay, which I am, so I'm going to stop typing and go a few rounds in the duel arena with my favourite character, Mace Windu. :cool:

:mace:

Sounds like you should try ninja gaiden.

its been getting respectable, but not great reviews... think i'll have to check it out once i've seen the film.

PS/ I'm surprised they released it so far in advance, considering how they usually try to stop details of the plot leaking out.

For the most part I have only played MP thus far, but after about an hour playing with just Obi-Wan and Anakin I think it is clear the this combat system is superior to the JA system in almost every way. And for that matter, the Force system may be as well. Here's how I would break it down...

JA Advantages:

• Ability to control horizontal and vertical swings.
  • Multiple saber styles.
  • Ability to use dual and double lightsabers.

ROTS Advantages:

• Much more cinematic (read: "realistic") looking saber fights
  • Ability to string multiple and varied attacks together
  • Infinitely more attack moves and combos
  • Combos are much more effective and useful than JA Katas
  • I'd never thought I'd say it, but manual blocking
  • Blocking actually works
  • System leads to much more intense fights, and much less of the swing and run JA style
  • Players don't have the option or feel they have no choice but to kick, grip-kick, etc. because the saber is so weak
  • Button mashing is much less effective than in JA (especially when using the JA dual and double sabers)
  • No honour code :)

All that being said, in terms of being the ultimate Jedi experience, I think that goes to the KOTOR series, in the sense that it more closely mirrors what Jedi are really about (i.e. not just fighting machines), as well as the best and most indepth stories. ROTS has the best player controlled combat lightsaber and possibly force system, but probably is the weakest in terms of freedom to do what you want. JO/JA is more a balance between the two. Good story and pretty strong combat system.

But really, I don't see JA and ROTS being in direct competition with each other. They both provide pretty different experiences and are enjoyable in their own ways.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I it is the best movie tie-in game I've played in a long, long time.

I forgot to add I agree to that and it is one of the funnest Star Wars games since KotoR and JO. I think 65 rating may have been a little too harsh so maybe 80 out of 100. I do love those saber locks! more like SW than swinging a colored glow stick around in JK. (Keep in mind JK is 1996-97 game)

I do love those saber locks! more like SW than swinging a colored glow stick around in JK. (Keep in mind JK is 1996-97 game)

Saying the ROTS combat is superior to JK is no slight. JK will always be a classic. :)

Never said it was better than JK. In no way do think it is better. Note I said 1997 for the date. I just can't win with you guys lol. So defensive.

Anyway I played it again and a third time, everytime I played it I felt like something is missing, so going back to the script I have they left out wookies and other movie stuff but this is based on Obi-wan and anakin's parts in the movie not yoda or others.

I figured they probably wanted to leave all wookie content to ROTW for galaxies and its never wise to reveal to much before the movies.

Then again, SPOILER

Wookies have a small part in the film from what I understand

I had a chance to play this game at the local EB on display and i can say i really wasnt that impressed with it at all...

maybe it was me being a straight up dueler in ja for over a year and a half now but I got more of a Soul Reaver feel from it.. Not saying that wasnt a good game what i relaly dont like about this game is that the background remains stationary while you move 3d until you reach the enxt destination point. the fluency of the sabers are done very well i agree with that, however it is combo driven exactly like your tekken soul caliber and mortal combats. I also liked the addition of a block button... however movie battles mod took care of this within JA. if they would have used the quake or doom engine in this game with the fluency of the saber twilrs i might have been impressed a little more however... they rusehd it out too far and didnt pay as much attention to the background mechanics as they did the gameplay itself.. granted the ability to melt doors with the sabwer and trace a cut in one are great ideas... however i dont think id buy this if it came out for pc.

oh yeah and also:

General Grievous sounds like a metallic Dark Helmet

Archived