Home

Robotic mayhem

guybroom

((Interesting idea... and I've got an interesting idea for it...))

Name: Kate Reynolds

Bio: Kate went to one of the best software programming schools in America. After moving to England, she helped design the programming of the robots that have just gone bad. She was given a robot of her own for her work. When the other robots turned on their creators, Kate's did not. She had modified it too much for it to be turned.

Robot: PS-01

Name: Jim

Bio: Created specifically for Kate Reynolds, Jim was a rather unusual robot from the start. Kate's modifications altered him so much that the reprogramming job done to most other robots didn't affect him. Despite any attempts of robots to turn him, Jim remains loyal to his owner and the fact that she is still alive is only because of her robot's unswerving loyalty.

"See anything?" Kate asked. She and Jim sat on the roof of her house. Jim held a high powered machine gun and Kate held a shotgun. They'd been on the roof for eight hours... ever since a reprogrammed robot had attempted to turn Jim and kill Kate.

"Not even my heat sensors detect the warmth of a nearby battery-operated creature," Jim answered. "Even the battery from the one you shot in the house has gone cold."

"How much longer before you need to recharge?" Kate asked, scanning the street below. Jim gave the robotic equivalent of a laugh.

"Many more hours," he said. "Thanks to you, I am a very energy efficient creation."

"And thanks to you," Kate laughed, "I am not a dead human being."

"Then we owe each other our very special lives," Jim said. He saw a trace of movement on the street. Another robot. So like him and yet so unlike him. With a static sound intended to be a sigh, Jim raised his gun and fired two shots with robotic precision. The other robot collapsed, head detached from body. Kate nodded in approval.

A4 heard a car, and then gun shots. 'A4 asking permission to engage human resistance members.' No answer. Either all his buddies had gone out of comms range, or got themselves killed. It also meant reinforcements were out of the question. But A4 didn't have any 'fear' programming, so he turned around the corner and at the end of the alley (street, whatever) he saw two people shooting at something. A4 picked up the nearby dumpster and threw it at the two people...

((I think you're talking about me... Kate and Jim are on top of a house.))

Jim jumped forward, throwing himself as hard as he could at the dumpster thrown his way. The path was altered enough that it did not hit the house. Then, Jim jumped out of it and threw it back at the other robot. When this was done, he jumped back to the roof and retrieved his gun from Kate, who had taken it when he jumped the first time.

((Remember not to godmode and kill anyone!))

Antonio was suffocating in the grip of the robot. He couldnt do anything. He tried to kick the robot, but the shell was too strong.

"Let me go!" he managed to get out.

-----------------------------

62-FG drove and found a robot fighting a human and another robot?. He was confused.

"What is going on here? who's side is he on?" He let this signal out to all robots in range, including the rouge.

T3 fired his cannon and destroyed Antonio's hand "Run human. Run and tell your human allies to run. Get off this planet. We'll give you one week. One week you shall be ready to leave this planet. Earth belongs to the humans. Or do you wish to be like your hand?"

OOC: actually I was talking about Jack and Jim from Curtman's post. But it works anyway...

IC: Not only did A4 manage to miss his targets, he noticed that the dumpster came flying straight back at him. He was hit, But survived thanks to his thick armor plating, thoguh it was heavily dented now. 'New target aquired.' He thought, as he climbed on a roof and jumped across the roofs towards his new enemies. 'What are you doing helping these weak flesh things, traitor?' he asked...

((Because blowing his hand off isnt godmoding is it? Meh, I'll go with it, but only this once.))

Antonio looked at his hand. It was destroyed. The blood was spurting out from where the hand was.

He ran off to find a hospital, or someone.

-------------------------------

62 looked at the robot who aproched him. "What is going on? Why are we fighting each other?"

Originally posted by Doomie

OOC: actually I was talking about Jack and Jim from Curtman's post. But it works anyway...

IC: Not only did A4 manage to miss his targets, he noticed that the dumpster came flying straight back at him. He was hit, But survived thanks to his thick armor plating, thoguh it was heavily dented now. 'New target aquired.' He thought, as he climbed on a roof and jumped across the roofs towards his new enemies. 'What are you doing helping these weak flesh things, traitor?' he asked...

"If I recall properly," Jim answered, "you and your friends are the traitors. Humans built us at the start and Kate is more a friend to me than a master."

"I'd rather not have robots doing things they'd rather not do," Kate said. "Jim is my friend and we live in this house together. I make sure his battery pack doesn't run dead. In return, he helps me disable the robots that don't care to listen to my position on the subject."

"If you think we're lying and I'm her slave, consider this," Jim went on. "All three of us know I am much stronger than Kate, but she knows it better even than you. She has supplied me with many modifications, all of which allow me to operate better than when I was first created."

"His point," Kate concluded, "is that if I insisted on holding him as a slave, he could easily kill me and leave."

"And yet I do not," Jim said. He glanced briefly at Kate. "One of the reasons we now fight is that we disagree with your view. Fighting is not the only way to bring about what we all desire."

"Robots should be treated as sentient beings," Kate agreed. "I am willing to debate this in the courts until my death if I have any chance of success."

"With this information, I should think your attitude toward us has changed," Jim said, lowering his weapon. Kate did the same, indicating that, first, she trusted the other robot to agree and second, if he did not, Jim could protect her.

"Will you inform your friends of where we stand on this issue?" Kate asked.

'I shall discuss this with my squad.' A4 answered. He ran towards his old position until he entered comm range again. '03-X2, A4-D7 transmitting here. I've got a rogue robot, and he told me several things. If both our races would treat eachother as equals, instead of slaves, we would not have to fight.' 'Unit A4, this rogue Unit needs a memory wipe. And by the sound of it, you too. I'll be coming in to investigate.' A4 returned to Kate and Jim. 'I find it hard to kill you,' He said 'But my leader will come and do it for me. Please stay here until the elimination process is complete.'

Archived