Home

Any guess on what Doublefine will make next?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've made out some of the words... I think I saw Psychonauts in there somewhere, but I shall continue searching. Also, I think I should investigate other objects on the desk further. I'm quite good at figuring things out. And I love theorising. More tomorrow, or later today, depending on the results.

From Pyro.

As you can see, my mistake was not solitary in its occurance, and can, in fact, be traced to the harsh truth that "vocabulor" is not a real word, but instead, a brilliant neologism, which although ingenious may be confused with the nearly as common suffix "-ar", unless we use a sort of mnemonic device to refer it to the Psychonauts-related "Goggalor". As you can see, the mistake could be made by anyone, including one with a higher post count than yourself, so next time, Smon, adhere to the number one rule of a forum, as well as the rest of life... Think before you act.

Laugh you may, but while I will have forgotten this and be sober in the morning, you Ma'am, shall be ugly for the rest of your life!

-Winston Churchill drunk at a party

You're really trying to outbug Zelda, arn't you? Cause so far, you're begging for a crazy loopy talking to.

Whilst I detest the term noob, I still feel as though their is a certain air of seniority regarding Smon. Do not feel threatened though, by my prescence. I am merely a student of the Universe, content to wander my simple path, basking in the calm revelry of nature and life. I do not intend to encroach on the titles of others who were here before me, and I have much to learn and far to travel before I reach the rank of vocabular. As the saying goes, "The Journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step"

Hey man, no offence, but if you hadn't noticed, there aren't that many people here. So uh, you might want to consider re-registering without the 777 on your name, because it makes it look like you only know about the internet from AIM.

Hey man, no offence, but if you hadn't noticed, there aren't that many people here. So uh, you might want to consider re-registering without the 777 on your name, because it makes it look like you only know about the internet from AIM.

...........pwned?

What do the judges say?

But whatever doublefine makes, if it doesn't have a $50 price tag, I'll consider buying it.

777 is probably a christian thing.

As the creator of this thread, I really wish people would quit talking about themselves or other forum members, and start talking about doublefine's next game.

I checked out the Cabinet of Natural Curiosities today and there were a lot of plants and animals and insects in it. I quickly flipped through all 550 of it's pages in the book store. The $65 hard back copies they had were frikkin' enormous too. It felt like I was holding one of those big enormous books you see in magicians shops in movies.

There were a couple sections in the book. One of them was a hodge podge of different, mostly land, animals. There were sloths and monkies and bats and snakes, of course, and lizards and all sorts of animals. Some of them had, what seemed to me, noticeably large sexual anatomy...bats with small boobs and things like that.

Another section was mostly snakes with some prey mixed in there as well as some lizards. The next section was mostly water animals. Some really freaky fish and octopi and water plants as well and a whole lot of shells. Another section was insects with a lot of butterflies and some grasshoppers and what not.

They were all illustrations, and not pictures, and they were all a bit weird looking.

I think that if the book were a clue, it wouldn't be saying much, because there was a large breadth of imagery in the book. That being said, I think that, if it were reference material for the game, a game with snakes or snake like beings, a game with a lot of insects or maybe just butterflies, or a game with a lot of underwater creatues would be likely.

Water covers over 70% of the earth, I think, and water played a pretty big role in Psychonauts, so I think that a game that takes place under water is a real possiblity. There is a lot of different aspects to take on a setting like that.

Or maybe some kind of game with aliens. The Cabinet of Natural curiosities would be a good reference book for some kind of alien designs.

NEW NEWS! The new news is... I have been thinking, and all the evidence people have discovered makes little sense, so why don't we investigate the bills on the desk? Has anyone thought yet that there could be, hidden amongst the bills and papers, something saying "Our new game is called blahdiblah!" It is likely that double fine and tim schafer, in their incredible inginuity, have hidden the message in the last place people would look? Please tell me what you think of this theory, I personally find it a good idea.

I don't think the bills really say anything. I mean, if they do it's less legible than the text on the screen. They might say something without words, but I don't know what. I think they could just be scrap paper. I write things down on scrap paper like that. It is a bit odd though, for a picture.

After some careful examination, I think the text might say "Hundreds of secrets about Double Fine's new game." repeated ad nauseam.

In fact, I'm fairly certain that's what it says. Print it off, try to find a few words that look like what I'm talking about and fill it in.

I'm sure someone at Double Fine thinks this is hilarious. I'm a little dissapointed, but after the bitter rage wears off, it's a little funny - funny I spent so much time "pixel hunting" at least.

You know how when you scroll over the picture, some text pops up? Well, it gets cut off after "adorable adorable pile" but the full text is "What am I doing here when I could be home, playing with that adorable, adorable pile of bills on my desk???"

So, that's kind of interesting about the bills. I hope it's no sign of financial trouble for Double Fine.

This could also mean that it's Tim Schafer's home desk. I'm not sure if that matters or not. I thought it was a little strange to have a tiny kitten on your desk in your office at work, though.

Continuing with the theory that there are clues in the picture, it looks like the cat may be sitting next to a computer mouse. Edit:This may just be for a sense of scale. Could also be a usb hub or something, too.

Hmmm. Intreging. I think that we should do a complete archive of this on something. We need to figure out what facts we have, and some things we have to work with. We also need some good, cheese flavored snacks. Mmm, cheesy. Just joking. About the cheese I mean. Not the list. I'm serious about that. Also, have we thought yet that the whole thing is a code? And that the whole nose thing is a piece of it? Intreging stuff this is...

Yeah, everyone at school told me that games sucks. I was all like 'You've never even played it!' and then those genius's with the best some back on earth said '......so? I'd bet it sucks.'

On an unrelated note I figured out how to get psychonauts music from Tim Fandango onto my iPod. I'm jamming to Milla's Dance Party right now.

Yeah, everyone at school told me that games sucks. I was all like 'You've never even played it!' and then those genius's with the best some back on earth said '......so? I'd bet it sucks.'

i originally didn't get the game at first because of the weird character designs, but my sister got it for me at Christmas and it turned out to be the best platformer i've ever played, until Sonic The Hedgehog (2006 game) comes out.

I'm beginning to feel like the reason why pyschonauts didn't sell as well as it should have is because the people who should have played it, didn't, and the people who did play it were either children or at least somewhat mentally deficient(aside from a select few) - or at least those two groups were the most vocal. So, where word of mouth is usually the best advertising, the word of mouth for Psychonauts actually hurt sales.

Archived