• Maxthon
    • Opera
    • Mozilla

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jedigoku

what lots of things:confused: every thing works for me:p

The non-standard HTML codes that Micro$oft so 'politely' gave the industry the finger on ;)

Those nice little "name glows" on most forums (here too) are non-standard 'hack-job' codes that are intentionally meant to work on only IE (or lackies thereof).... since over 95% of the browser market is still gripped in IE's hands, no one's bothered to call them on it...

Firefox is making a dent in that market share however, so attention has been given to the subject of conforming to a universally accepted HTML Standard :dev11:

Also, many of the browser plug-ins available have been making a shift to accomodate Firefox (or open source browsing rather)... the revolution has begun... :cool:

Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi

FireFox doesnt work with lot's of things.

I'm sticking with MyIE.

I hope you have a decent firewall, pop-up blocker, anti-spyware, and anti-virus protection. :roleyess:

Of course you don't need some of these with Firefox. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I use IE. I was thinking of Firefox before but I don't have a need to - I don't have a spyware problem. Plus I've been using IE for ages and I didn't like the Netscape format.

I did find out about FirefoxIE, a modded version of Firefox which makes it IE like and I might try that eventually, but for now, I don't have a real need to change.

Originally posted by THE VIGILANTE

I've got IE.

:D

Well since you don't sound too unhappy about having it, you probably don't know all the downsides of it. I would do a system scan for viruses and spyware, and I'll bet you have a lot you don't know about. Then you'll switch to firefox.

Anywho, for Forum Junkies such as ourselves.. this nice little extension gives you a right click menu for BBcode commands... (definitley helps on those long posts)

yet another reason to switch to Firefox

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensio...numpg=10&id=491

Just noticed your post.

Anyway, this is perfect for the new "Quick Reply" feature.

In fact, I quoted you with it!

i use firefox, i don't know how i ever browsed without tabs before, and i honestly don't think i can live without tabbed browsing now. its so frustrating to go over to a friends house who still has IE and try to click links with the mousewheel and nothing happens, so now everytime that happens to me i just say "trust me" and go download firefox to their machine and show them how to use it. I'm like Johnny Webbrowser-Seed. plus, i've had close to zero popups since starting with firefox.

i use firefox, i don't know how i ever browsed without tabs before, and i honestly don't think i can live without tabbed browsing now. its so frustrating to go over to a friends house who still has IE and try to click links with the mousewheel and nothing happens, so now everytime that happens to me i just say "trust me" and go download firefox to their machine and show them how to use it. I'm like Johnny Webbrowser-Seed. plus, i've had close to zero popups since starting with firefox.

oh I wouldn't say that I've converted a lot of people myself and the best thing is NO pop ups here at work I've converted at least 10 people over to firefox and I've already put it on my pc here at work

• 1 month later...

I voted Netscape, but I am about to download Firefox and try it out. I have Netscape 7.2 and tried the new version 8 and didn't like it. IMHO, the best browser was Netscape Communicator 4.02, but you can't get that anymore (and it is probably so out of date that most of the new technology would just bog it down). Since Firefox is being produced by the people that made that, I will give it a good try. Any opinions about using Thunderbird alongside it for e-mail?

@Commas: Netscape has tabbed browsing too, but I don't like using it.

Archived