• other plz specify
    • AOL
    • Maxthon
    • Opera
    • Mozilla

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Internet Explorer. :thumbsup::D (I don't have a credit card, so spy-ware can kiss my a$$ :xp: )

firefox pwns all. end of discussion.

Yet, 9 person are still using IE :disaprove

Yeah, I've been impressed with how quickly Firefox updates are made available after bugs are found.

Lots of smart people on these forums evidently! 17 votes for Firefox. Best of the browsers.

I hope you have a decent firewall, pop-up blocker, anti-spyware, and anti-virus protection.

Of course you don't need some of these with Firefox.

^^^^

yup I get no pop-ups next to no spyware ie my last spyware scan before yesterday was 66 days ago and I only had 7 peices of spyware on my computer

Well since you don't sound too unhappy about having it, you probably don't know all the downsides of it. I would do a system scan for viruses and spyware, and I'll bet you have a lot you don't know about. Then you'll switch to firefox.

ROFL ROFL ROFL! Man, I am going to be sick, let me put it this way to the people I quoted just:

WTF is wrong with you people!? Don't others who use IE have the right to do that?! Seesh, it's like advertising Coke or Pepsi: same offensive advertising and critisising different opinions which don't collide as they expected. If you continue like this, you will destroy the honor of Fire Fox. Give people a chance to deciede, damn'it!

I am sorry for such offensive behaviour, I am sorry for opposing your opinions, I didn't mean to insult you all. But, ease up with the Fire Fox thing. I am pretty sure that Fire Fox is great, but people who have Internet Explorer aren't bad or inferior.

I am so sorry for this outburst, insult and over-reacting. I swear, I will never do it again. :(

I use Internet Explorer. :thumbsup::D Internet Explorer owns every explorer on the net. (I don't have a credit card, so spy-ware can kiss my a$$ :xp: )

So? They can steal your identity.

They slow down your computer. Your point is?

WTF is wrong with you people!? Don't others who use IE have the right to do that?! Seesh, it's like advertising Coke or Pepsi: same offensive advertising and critisising different opinions which don't collide as they expected. If you continue like this, you will destroy the honor of Fire Fox. Give people a chance to deciede, damn'it!

Why do you decide to still use IE, after all that has been posted? All the proof that it's more spyware/adware/virus/trojan resistent?

Note something. People who said they used Netscape got no flak from anyone. If tomorrow, you decide to switch to Netscape instead of Firefox, good for you.

I'm sorry if this is going to be an ad hominem remark, but you're the one who posted a thread about how much you hate corporations, because of several reasons, yet you decide to use their sub-quality program instead of supporting the freeware community, which exists as counter-balance to a corporate monopoly of the industry.

Firefox managed to stand out and fight the big corporation and the side of freewares is winning.

Yet, after that rant about corporations, you decide to support them?

Now, this is where my remark:

Why? Because 99% of the people who whine about everything "big corps" do also use Windows with their IBM computer while going to McDonald's to eat before going to see the next Jerry Bruckheimer ****fest, while stopping at Wal-Mart to buy one of EA's sports games.

takes its whole meaning.

I'm sorry if this is going to be an ad hominem remark, but you're the one who posted a thread about how much you hate corporations, because of several reasons, yet you decide to use their sub-quality program instead of supporting the freeware community, which exists as counter-balance to a corporate monopoly of the industry.

Firefox managed to stand out and fight the big corporation and the side of freewares is winning.

Yet, after that rant about corporations, you decide to support them?

Now, this is where my remark:

>_<

That's NOT the point. The point is that you keep attacking people with fire fox. Fire Fox is meant to give people great stuff and to stand against large corporations, DON'T turn your Fire Fox campaign into a violent game of presuassion, I might turn to Fire Fox, but that's MY concern, not YOURS. Fire Fox surely is great, but it's up to me to deciede whether should I suffer with IE or prosper with Fire Fox, NOT YOU. If people want to be destroied by IE, that's THEIR problem, not YOURS.

Sorry for the insults, I am sure that Fire Fox is great.

NOTE: I deleted that thread to avoid a flame war.

>_<

That's NOT the point. The point is that you keep attacking people with fire fox. Fire Fox is meant to give people great stuff and to stand against large corporations, DON'T turn your Fire Fox campaign into a violent game of presuassion, I might turn to Fire Fox, but that's MY concern, not YOURS. Fire Fox surely is great, but it's up to me to deciede whether should I suffer with IE or prosper with Fire Fox, NOT YOU. If people want to be destroied by IE, that's THEIR problem, not YOURS.

Sorry for the insults, I am sure that Fire Fox is great.

NOTE: I deleted that thread to avoid a flame war.

[insert disembodied voice]

Click the link in my sig for you life will then be spared from all spyware and much more

<dominate mind>you will click the link in my sig</dominate mind>

I dont think that Vlada is being lazy about switching to FF anymore. I did at first, but now I just think hes being obstinate. Hes refusing to change over simply because everyone is telling him he should. Kinda like a kid that doesnt do something hes told because hes being rebellious, but then does it anyway later.

So maybe if ya'll lay off him for a bit, he'll sneak off and get firefox. Or he might remain with IE just to gloat that hes the only one on LF thats using IE still... though I wouldnt be gloating about that. :p lol

Oooooooh I really like the Bbcode extension too! :D

Switching browsers can be a daunting prospect. Maybe he simply has a good thing going with IE and doesn't feel like making the switch.

bwahahahahaha yeah daunting

double click exe file

click install

run FF click migrate IE settings to firefox

POOF your done ya really dauntin

bwahahahahaha yeah daunting

double click exe file

click install

run FF click migrate IE settings to firefox

POOF your done ya really dauntin

We have to take into consideration the possible variables of the situation. Maybe, for him, it's not as simple as how you put it.

The point was your hypocrisy.

You did say this:

Internet Explorer owns every explorer on the net.

And then complained about big corporations.

Which shows inconsistency in your points of view.

Also, I did mention that people who use Netscape or any other non-IE browser got zero flak from people.

If anything, I've done more IE bashing then Firefox advertising. The only one here who's truly a Firefox nazi is Revan.

Another thing, this is not only a matter of opinion. You have indeed stated that IE was the best explorer out there (see quote above). While it may be an opinion, it is loosely based on some fact you must have gathered. If anything, no evidence can show that IE is the best browser out there.

If anything, you've never tried to use another browser then IE. There's no indication in your words that you've even looked for another browser, whether it be Opera, Mozilla Suite or Netscape.

Because if you did, you'd be fighting for them instead of IE.

You cannot, in any event, say that we have never used IE, since obviously, we've used Windows for quite a while, before Firefox even existed.

Finally, you've deleted the corporations thread because every single post after yours was demolishing your main argument. Instead of staying and standing your ground, you've quite obviously tried to erase its existence. While it may be strickly speculating from my part, it is obvious to everyone that it could not be a flame war reason since there was nothing indicating future deterioration of the thread.

Well, what reason could there be?

What are those variables you thought about?

O_O there is only one variable and that is the OS cuz firefox only works for win 2000 and XP

hey I'm no Nazi I just advertise for FireFox a ton everywhere I've converted over 15 people in the real world to FireFox

and I bash IE and microsoft all the time

and I only push those misguild folk who still us IE and the occasional AOL user ;P but other browsers I have no problem with

Archived