• other plz specify
    • AOL
    • Maxthon
    • Opera
    • Mozilla

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded Firefox on a whim, and now use it way more than IE, which I haven't gotten rid of because I still need it for windows updates! I downloaded IE7, but only to see if it was any good....

I am so angry that IE turned into nothing more than a poor Firefox clone with the latest verison.

Funny, thats what I thought :)

Tabbed browsing?! Now where have I seen that before....?

Firefox rules supreme. Not that tabbed browsing is anything new, but the extensions are wonderful. Sage is very handy, while AdBlock Plus is simply "must have". Browser spell checking and McAfee SiteAdvisor are also bloody useful.

Agreed however I prefer the Aspell extension over the built in spell-checker for Firefox

• 2 years later...
I use IE, but right now I'm curious about Firefox, and might give it a try, but I'm afraid of it screwing my computer to hell somehow or confusing me to no end.

By all means give it a try!!! I would be shocked if you didn't like it 100x more than IE. When I switched I didn't find it difficult at all. Firefox is highly customizable, and you can adapt its configuration to suit your purpose not to mention the many useful addons.

The only thing I have that runs is chrome. It's okay... but I'm still getting used to it after using a heavily customized firefox. For some reason firefox and internet explorer crash every time I run them now.. not to say that I would use IE if it would work.

By all means give it a try!!! I would be shocked if you didn't like it 100x more than IE. When I switched I didn't find it difficult at all. Firefox is highly customizable, and you can adapt its configuration to suit your purpose not to mention the many useful addons.

I tried it.

I LOVE IT

I have my own persona, a tab addon, Foxtab, which is great, it allows me to view all my tabs at once in several different and cool ways, if you don't have it, take a look:

http://www.foxtab.com/1.2/d/

And the weird thing is is that IE felt so...cold, Firefox seems so warm, and comfortable, and cozy...

I've only had it for like, 10 minutes, and I recommend it to ALL IE users, like, get it, RIGHT NOW.

GO.

Archived