Home

.EXE of KotOR Script Generator

Originally posted by jmac7142

I'd like to announce that I'll have a .exe version of my KotOR Script Generator out sometime this week, the .NET Framework 1.1 may work for it, but if that doesn't work get the .NET Framework 2.0 beta from Microsoft You may or may not need it becase it's in Visual C++, but I'm writing it in .NET 2005 Express.

cool I always download the latest .net frame work any way

Just gave the new version a try and I have to say this is a godsend for someone like myself :D

It's no surprise I'm a script-tard® here at the HL forums :rolleyes:, but this handy little prog has really helped out!

Thanks for going through the trouble of making something like this :thumbsup:

If you're taking suggestions for newer versions or 'updates', could I perhaps put in a request making it so you can choose the directory where the .rtf file goes? My "My Documents" folder tends to get real cluttered.. real fast (housecleaning or 'drive'cleaning rather is not quite my forte') :o hehehe

Still, given the option of scripting from scratch, or searching through a cluttered folder... I'll take the cluttered folder option ;)

Thanks again!

V2.0 will be out this weekend. New features are:

- New GUI

- Will Generate Script with VFX and Damage Potential included in

it by request of jedigoku

- Talk-Fight-Talk Sequence Included by Requset of TheGreatXL

- Will Have "Save as..." Dialog Box by Request of Chainz.2da

As before send me a pm or post in this thread for additions, comments, bugs, syntax errors, and suggestions.

Great job with the utility thus far, how about adding a couple more scripts :D

How about...

A script to bring up a merchant (.utm file)

The script to bring up the Workbench and Create/Breakdown bench

if I think of more I'll let you know... ;) good luck

Other script functions to include would be.

Spawn a creature

Load an area

Recruit a NPC(I can come up with a good template for you here)

Giveitem scripts

Also I haven't used this program yet. But if it doesn't have an auto compiler feature that would be excellent for an addition to it. Also if it isn't an option the ability to add additional scripting commands to a pregenerated script.

V2.0 is now up on PCGM

2.0 includes all but 2 or 3 of your requests, but I couldn't load the lucasforums homepage last night, so I couldn't find scripts for merchants, spawn items in containers, and a TFT script, so those aren't scripted, but everything else works, and v2.1 should be out sometime this week with those features included

• 2 weeks later...

How about a Talk-->Give Item script maker.

If there is a way to do that with the present version, let me know. (I already know how to change/make the dialog and such but getting them to give the PC an item after/during the conversation is beyond me.)

Thanks!

Originally posted by cate_kroft

There is already a generic "give item" script for use in conversations that come with the game. It is called "a_give_item".

Put that in a conversation node's "Script#" slot, set the first parameter (P1) to the quantity of the item that should be given (if you want to give more than 1), and set the String Param to the ResRef (filename without .uti suffix) of the item that should be given.

( Like this. )

Originally posted by cate_kroft

And if it's for Kotor 1, the script is very simple:

void main() 
{
//Simply replace g_i_gauntlet006 by the template of your item
CreateItemOnObject("g_i_gauntlet006", GetPCSpeaker());
}

Then, just compile and attach the script in the script field of one of the .dlg branches :)

• 1 month later...

Archived