Home

Should George W. Bush be Impeached?

SkinWalker

Should George W. Bush Be Impeached as a Traitor to the American People?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should George W. Bush Be Impeached as a Traitor to the American People?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by SkinWalker

The only reason why Impeachment is a thread topic in this Senate and not a motion on the floor of the American Senate is because of the domination of Republicans in all branches of government.

Sounds like He is pretty safe from Impeachment here... :rolleyes:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by jedigoku

that is more so a fact since bush only chose agression after sadamm wouldn't let the weapons inspecters into certian area's. now ask your self why would he do that.

They only blocked the inspectors from going into 2% of locations, all were imperial palaces. the reasont hey gave was that they thought the inspectors had been infiltrated by the CIA to spy on saddam's government. The CIA has since admitted it had infiltrated the inspectors to spy on saddam's government.

So, by their actions, it was the CIA that undermined the inspections (which were obviously working as no WMDs were used in saddam's last stand) and lead to a war that killed 24,000 civilians. Way to go CIA.

- Didn't they just extend the "temporary" Patrot act by 10 years and add extra areas to it?

- Of course everyone was united after 9/11. Everyone is always united (or at least wishes to appear so) after such an attack. WHo the president is has little consequence. It could have been Gonzo from the muppets and people would still have rallied behind him after 9/11.

- ET (don't think london got attacked in the 1st world war... but i may be wrong) :D

- Quick rough guide to the history of middle east/iraq.

1 - UK and US caused most of the trouble by kickiong palestinians out of their homes after WW2 in some misguided show of sympaty for the jews.

2 - UK and US also re-drew the map of africa, middle east and eastern europe (with russia) and created loads of artificial countries that never previously existed. They also had little regard for ethnic groups, so the Kurds ended up with no homeland, the sunnis kurds and shias all got jammed into the new iraq. Not to mention the creation of places like yugoslavia.

Almost all of these countries have since decended into inter-ethnic volence.

3 - UK (i think) allowed an election in iraq, didn't like the result so overthrew the leader and installed a puppet leader who the people hated. This was wat lead to the Bathists rising up and taking power.

4 - US gives billions a year to isreal, ignores all its mistakes/resolution-breaks and comes across as very interfering, biased and unfair in the middle east because of this.

5 - US condemns some countries, supports others, all based on its own interests. Supports dictatorships like Saudi Arabia & kuwait. Supports dictatorships like iraq when it suits them (against iran), then dumps them. Gives impression it cares more about oil incomes than the poor people in those countries.

6 - Al Quaida was created in order to get the US army out of Saudi Arabia (where it was supporting the saudi royal family). That was its main issue, but by the time (a year or two ago) the army finally left they had loads of other greivnces due to iraq/afganistan.

7 - Even now US is willing to support countries with terrible human rights records (pakistan etc..) because they are with them on the so-called war on terror. Did they learn nothing from supporting iraq/talliban?

PS/ Know the main source of income in Afganistan since the US "liberated it"? Heroin. Know were most of it will end up? The US.

--------------

Impeachment: [.b]

I'm not really for impeachment unless the president has committed an obvious crime. In this case, like the clinton case before it, (and much as i think bush is an incompetent, lying idiot) I just don't think its justified.

The senate SHOULD investigate and expose any wrongdoing, but ideally it should then be up to the people to consider such wrongdoing and vote acordingly. Unfortunately the US electorate now seems so split, so dogmatic, so influenced by entrenched opinions and religious views that i'm not sure they are capable of fullfilling that duty.

Interesting snippet of a story i found about our wonderful saudi allies:

In March 2002, 15 Saudi girls ran for their lives when their school caught fire, without wasting precious time to first wrap themselves in their abayas (black robes that are mandatory female attire). Better dead than bare-headed, the religious police decided, and forced the girls back into the burning building and fiery deaths.

Good thing we had them on our side when we were defeating the oppressive taliban huh?

• 1 month later...

This is a quote from a blog I recently visited.

How SHOULD a President Respond to Impending Disaster

In September 1999, Hurricane Floyd -- a category 3 -- was bearing down the Carolinas and Virginia.

President Clinton was in Christchurch, New Zealand - meeting with President Jiang of China (you know, actually working). He made the proclamation that

only Presidents can make and declared the areas affected by Floyd "Federal Disaster Areas" so the National Guard and Military can begin to mobilize. Then he cut short his meetings overseas and flew home to coordinate the rescue efforts. This all one day BEFORE a Cat-3 hit the coast. That is how you do it.

How about this dope's own father during Hurricane Andrew? Once again, President Bush (41) -- August, 1992 -- was in the midst of a brutal campaign

for re-election. Yet, he cut off his campaigning the day before and went to Washington where he martialed the largest military operation on US soil in history. He sent in 7,000 National Guard and 22,000 regular military personnel, and all the gear to begin the clean up within hours after Andrew passed through Florida. 'Cause, you know, those people and their stuff was actually where it belonged, rather than being used for insurgent

target-practice halfway around the world in a vain effort to make Iraq safe for Iranian takeover.

In August of 1969 when Cat-5 Hurricane Camille hit roughly the same area as Katrina, President Nixon had already readied the National Guard and ordered

all Gulf rescue vessels and equipment from Tampa and Houston to follow the Hurricane in. There were over 1,000 regular military with two dozen helicopters to assist the Coast Guard and National Guard within hours after the skies cleared.

Bush 43 - August 2005 - Cat-5 Hurricane Katrina bears down on New Orleans and the Mississippi gulf. Both states are down nearly 8,000 National Guard troops because they are in Iraq -- with most of the rescue gear needed. Bush is on vacation. The day before Katrina makes landfall, Bush rides his bike for two hours. The day she hits, he goes to Johnnie McCain's birthday party; and lies to old people about the multi-billion-dollar pharmaceutical company welfare boondoggle. People are dying, the largest port of entry in the

United States (and fifth largest in the World) is under attack. Troops and supplies are desperately needed. The levees are cracking and the emergency

1-1/2 ton sandbags are ready, but there aren't enough helicopters or pilots to set them before the levees fail. The mayor of New Orleans begs for

Federal coordination, but there is none, and the sandbagging never gets done. So Bush -- naturally -- goes to San Diego to play guitar with country

singer and lie to the military about how Iraq is just exactly like WWII. The levees give way, filling New Orleans with water, sewage, oil and chemicals. Ten percent of all US exports, and 50% of all agricultural exports ordinarly go through this port. It is totally destroyed. Bush decides he'll end his vacation a couple of days early -- TOMORROW --BECAUSE HE HAS TICKETS TO A PADRES GAME! He goes back to the Fake Farm in Crawford, with every intention of doing something on WEDNESDAY about this disaster that happened starting last Sunday night

I think the quy was spot on. And on Meet The Press 9/4/05 (Transcript), we have the President of Parrish calling for "chainsawing off" the top of the 'totem pole' of leadership. If you read the transcript, you *have* to listen to the Podcast and hear the emotion in this guy's voice at the end of his interview.

Another one of Russert's interviews was with the author of SCIAM - The Drowning of New Orleans, originally written and published in Scientific American in 2001.

Bush is not competent to lead our nation and his incompetence is still costing lives in New Orleans.

I was actually thinking on resurrecting this thread earlier today, because this time Dubya has displayed a level of incompetence that surely should have him catching quad-barrel 10cm flak - even though he is a Republican él Presidenté. If a legitimate president of a civilised country had acted with such stupidity and incompetence, there wouldn't even be time to impeach him: He'd have resigned in shame roundabout last Wedensday...

EDIT: I saw somewhere that the Russians adopted a special word, just for Boris Nikolayevich: Impitjment =)

I hear that president Bush has declared a national day of prayer for the people killed in the hurricane? Seems like he has finally completed his journey towards becoming the Archbishop of the USA when he starts declaring prayer days. Shouldn't the church be doing that?

Ironically, now we all have to hope Bush doesn't get impeached. If it should happen, our nation would be left at the hands of that Dick Cheney. Of course, he'd probably die from the stress. I suspect his heart is a lot weaker than we all know. Has anyone even seen that jerk lately?

Has anyone even seen that jerk lately?

Dude, you need to get your hands on some SNL Bush sketches. There's this one where "SNL Bush" talks about Cheney, and how "he" doesn't know where he is sometimes.

To the topic: Yes, he should be.

And on a side note. *points to sig*

Hey precisely 42 people have voted on the poll!

I hear that president Bush has declared a national day of prayer for the people killed in the hurricane? Seems like he has finally completed his journey towards becoming the Archbishop of the USA when he starts declaring prayer days. Shouldn't the church be doing that?

Habermas must be spinning in his grave so fast that a copper coil and a couple of magnets could supply all of New York with electricity.

With gasoline racing past $3 a gallon, Bush's standing on dealing with those prices may be one of his biggest problems — seven in 10 said they disapprove.

Oh, take a cookie. In Denmark we pay almost $7

\begin{expletives}

I didn't elect him. And even if I had voted (I didn't and won't vote at all) it wouldn't make any difference, as the people of this country are simply given the illusion that their vote counts. It's the ultimate rig. The fix is in. Why gambling on this **** isn't more widely spread, I'll never know. I wouldn't go so far as to say I've defended his presidency, but I have on occasion mocked those who oppose him simply because what did they expect? Honesty? Competency? No matter who won, that **** would be laughable to expect from whoever took office. But yeah. You mother****ers did tell me so. And you were right. ****-can this mother****er as soon as possible before he destroys this nation any ****ing further. I want to punch him in the throat while he plays guitar and says "**** the south". GYAR!!!! [/hatred]

It was argued in another thread at an earlier time that George Bush and his administration could not be refered to as fascist.

I recently came across this page, which is suggestive that Bush & Co. do, indeed, fit that description. Scroll down to the article by Lawrence Britt, The 14 Defining

Characteristics Of Fascism.

1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
  2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
  3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
  4. Supremacy of the Military
  5. Rampant Sexism
  6. Controlled Mass Media
  7. Obsession with National Security
  8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
  9. Corporate Power is Protected
  10. Labor Power is Suppressed
  11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
  12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
  13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
  14. Fraudulent Elections

This list was created by Britt who examined the fascist regimes of Hitler (Germany), Mussolini (Italy), Franco (Spain), Suharto (Indonesia) and several Latin American regimes.

If you look at Bush's appointment as one of the most powerful men in the world from a detached, non-partizan point of view it makes absolutely no sense.

Imagine you didn't know the name "Bush" and knew absolutely nothing about him... you were simply given an unnamed CV of his achievements up until the point he became governor of Texas.

There would be nothing on that CV that would make you select him for hardly any job... brushes with the law, gaps in his education, failed business ventures etc..

Nothing that would show any particular talent, ability or leadership.

Yet, for some unknown reason, this (below?) average guy becomes first the governor of a huge state and then the president of the world's largest economy. I'd think anyone here would be (on paper at least) at least as qualified as Bush to run things. (except CapNColostomy of course :p)

In a way it isn't his fault that he's messed so much stuff up, its the fault of the strange system that leads to him even being a candidate. His various opponents over the years might have been SLIGHTLY more intelligent, but none of them was a lot to write home about.

You would think a political system should be designed to promote the brightest, most suitable candidates to lead things... but instead it seems that "skills" is very low on the list of requirements... and then to make matters worse WHOEVER wins gets to appoint hundreds of OTHER unqualified people they know to various other positions of power.

And we wonder why it all goes wrong...

PS/ they should just pick some random person by lottery and put them in charge, couldn't be any less efficient...

Archived