Home

Playstation 3

Acrylic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the looks haven't grown on me yet. I still think it looks the worst of all three (which is a big surprise from sony). And since someone called the 360 a clock radio i've been having a hard time liking that one either ;)

[edit]Spec Comparisson between PS3 and XBOX 360 with comments from developers here: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2005/05/18/ps3_and_360_battle_it_out_in_the_specs_department_what_in_the_world_do_they_mean.html#more

The PS3 showing was pretty cool, but nothing really new if you have been keeping up with the ps3 info on gamespot and stuff. They showed the cell processor at work in real time by displaying a tub full of water on the screen with rubber duckies in it, and the duckies rocked back and forth in the water, then the simulation or whatever added more duckies and they overflowed and toppled out of the tub.

they also showed a bunch of clips from ps3 games like killzone 2, which i was impressed with, and afterwards, we went into an area that had the ps3 on display in a glass case rotating around. there was also a small sign that said it was just a prototype design, and that it might change.

Sony has launched itself into the number one spot and they won't be budging any time soon. They will continue to dominate the gaming industry for a very long time. However, I do not believe that they will dominate the next generation as much as most people believe they will. I have many reasons why I think so, and no it's got nothing to do with the fact that I support Nintendo over Sony and Microsoft.

The PlayStation 3 is powerful, very powerful. It's like a Dark Lord of the Sith among the others. The graphical power of the PS3 was shown off by many demos at E3. But none of them were actually running on the actual PS3 itself. They were just demos of what this console is said to be able to do. I don't doubt that the PS3 will be powerful, we all know for a fact that they will have the most powerful hardware of the next generation. However, the new technology they're using for their console is going to be extremely expensive and extremely difficult to develop for. The Cell technology is new, and still very experimental (IMO), it hasn't been used in this manner yet and Sony is making sure that their new powerhouse is as reliable as possible.

Developing games for the PS3 will be extremely difficult and will cost a lot to make games that will live up to the consoles high technical stats. Developers such as EA, Square-Enix and LucasArts will be able to make some great games for the PS3 due to their high development cost limit... or rather the lack of a limit. However, while you will get a lot of great graphically beautiful, HD games on this system from those developers who can afford it... You will find that those who can't afford it will be reluctant to make games for the PS3.

But as I said in the Xbox360 thread, those who have aligned themselves with Sony won't budge, however Sony also attracts that majority of people who haven't aligned themselves, so it will be interesting to see if they will agree with the PS3 after they see the prices for the hardware and software. I think the PS3 will continue Sony's domination, but it won't be as dominant as the PS2 had been.

Playstation 3 to debut in May of 2006?

Los Angeles (CA) - Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 game titles begin to appear in online game stores. EB Games offers pre-orders of PS3 titles with an estimated ship date of May 1 next year. Gamers should also expect a price hike of games that will initially sell for $60 and could even go as high as $80, according to sources.

Both Microsoft and Sony are very cautious to indicate any shipment dates of their next-generation game consoles. Microsoft official statement remains the device will be available for the holiday season and Sony hints to mid of next year.

Online game stores recently turned out to be a relatively reliable information source when it comes to release dates of future games and also could provide an idea when the new consoles can be expected. EB Games is the first large store that lists games for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 - 42 titles for Microsoft's console and 29 for Sony's contender. The store offers all titles for pre-order at this time.

ps32 Expected shipping dates are November 1 for Xbox 360 games and May 1, 2006 - a date that could indicate the launch of the Playstation 3. Sony officials declined to confirm this date or to be more specific about a launch date. Game developers who preferred stay anonymous said the date "would certainly be in the right time frame."

While new console games are currently priced around $50, new generation games appear to get more expensive. The new standard price appears to be $60, which reflects a 20 percent price hike. Some game developers on the show floor of the E3 even said new games could be priced as high as $80 in the future.

$60-$80 a game isn't looking good to me... Looks like a while wait for me to even grab one..

Archived