Home

Unleashed (the movie)

wassup

Taken from IMDB:

This is the story of Danny(Jet Li), a slave who has lived his whole life without any sort of normal human education, with the mind and personality of a young child, with only one lesson learned: how to fight. Treated like a dog by his owner/boss, Bart(Bob Hoskins) which includes having to wear a collar, Danny has been raised to be a lethal fighting machine who fights in illegal gladiator-style fight clubs, where he earns lots of money for Bart as the undisputed champion. After a car accident that lands Bart in a coma, however, Danny meets a kind elderly blind piano tuner(Morgan Freeman) on the run because he knows secrets some bad guys don't want known, who uses music to teach Danny some things about the world and about being human...

This movie had really realistic, intense fight scenes (like Fight Club), which made them all the more memorable. Jet Li, besides giving the audience his usual staple of awesome martial arts abilities, shows us that he has acting ability as well. Morgan Freeman and Bob Hoskins were perfect. Go see this if you are looking for a great action flick with some good drama blended in.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I heard this was really good. How do you think you'd rate it on a scale of 10?

I would give it a 8.5.

This was one of the better (and distinctly different) Jet Li movies to come out in the past few years. Li really shows us the extents of his acting ability here. Plus, he has finally been paired up with a befitting black supporting actor, Morgan Freeman. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by wassup

Plus, he has finally been paired up with a befitting black supporting actor, Morgan Freeman. :thumbsup:

Hehe, and it's about time... don't filmmakers realize that Kung Fu + Hip Hop + Bling = Pure, uncut ****?

Anyways, I like Jet Li, I liked Kiss of the Dragon and The One and his old school Mandarin flicks were cool (esp. Fist of Fury, and the Once Upon a Time in China series).

Archived