Home

The Matrix: The Path of Neo

Hannibal

So those idiots in charge of the Matrix finally decided to create a game where you play as Neo and not Mrs. Will Smith or some other insignificant character who had 1 word in the movie.

Um, what where they waiting for?

BTW I love Jada Pinkett-Smith but come on. That's like making a Star wars game and you get to be C3P0.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The First Matrix blew my mind and you'd figured the rest of the agents would be killed behind the scenes of the movie, but no they had to make Smith come back, the second one didn't please me as much as the first did, but it was fairly a good movie without a doubt..

The second one was at least decent. It still involved the heroes fighting in a virtual world.

The third one was such crap, it was amazing. It barely had anything with the Matrix once you get past the beginning when Seraph, Trinity and Morpheus storm the rave. After that, it became a sub-standard sci-fi movie with a touch of DBZ, which was frankly stupid and a total rip-off.

It's looking good so far in my EGM. I think it's something to look forward to. Playing as Neo as you progress through all three movies is enough to get my attention. :)

Here's an interesting piece of info from the mag:

"The Matrix trilogy ends with Neo letting himself die, but that's a bad game ending....The Wachowskis knew that, so they came up with a plan for a better ending [in Path of Neo].

This should be interesting... ;)

The knife fight between Mr Smith and Neo was pretty cool. And how he whacked the guy's head off with a crow bar. What intrigues me though is... remember Smith's friend? The one that talked to him in the interview hall and asked him to go and knife Neo and the group? what happens to him...

And I agree, the first movie was awesome. The second movie's ghosts were cool (those dudes that worked for the French man), but the rest was crap, and the third movie sucked pretty bad too.

Originally posted by Hannibal

So those idiots in charge of the Matrix finally decided to create a game where you play as Neo and not Mrs. Will Smith or some other insignificant character who had 1 word in the movie.

Um, what where they waiting for?

BTW I love Jada Pinkett-Smith but come on. That's like making a Star wars game and you get to be C3P0.

At last is right it is rather stupid having a matrix game with out neo in it

• 1 month later...

"The third one was such crap, it was amazing. It barely had anything with the Matrix once you get past the beginning when Seraph, Trinity and Morpheus storm the rave. After that, it became a sub-standard sci-fi movie with a touch of DBZ, which was frankly stupid and a total rip-off."

Did you even "get" any of the symbolism, it was awesome, and it would have been retarded if they had done anything else that didn't fit with the story just so that they never had to leave the matrix, and part of the whole idea is that there is more to life than the matrix.;)

I loved the first one, it was a real nail-biter of a movie. The second was was showing traces of being forced. I liked the french-guys wife, she was hot, and the Ghosts were pretty awesome... other than that, the movie was pretty lame.

The third movie, I had a friend tell me what it was about and stuff, and then decided not to see it, and I probly wont.

The Animatrix was pretty good, even though I didnt like how *every* episode ended with the heros dying. I liked the history episodes alot better.

I agree though, a game where youre playing as a bit-character is pretty asinine.And no it wouldnt be like playing C3PO in a starwars game, it would be like playing a trade federation droid (and not one of the cool ones either). :p hehe

Originally posted by Aash Li

I agree though, a game where youre playing as a bit-character is pretty asinine.And no it wouldnt be like playing C3PO in a starwars game, it would be like playing a trade federation droid (and not one of the cool ones either). :p hehe

Hehe, Battlefront....

Between Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions and Enter the Matrix. Enter the Matrix is the best acted, best scripted and most interesting of the three. The fact that you don't play as Keanu is pure genious and the one thing that made the game far better than the movies.

Had they put Neo in it would have turned into Constantine the game. Have you seen the constantine movie and played the constantine game? Yeah, it's that lame and "the path of neo" seems to be an exact duplicate. Are you sure it's not the same company that developed/develops both?

Why you would want to play as the main character developed in a movie, is beyond me.

But to each his own and MY own is that path of neo looks to be the same third person action bullsh*t made for consoles, that all games made after a movie are making.

Originally posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE

Did you even "get" any of the symbolism, it was awesome, and it would have been retarded if they had done anything else that didn't fit with the story just so that they never had to leave the matrix, and part of the whole idea is that there is more to life than the matrix.;)

Or perhaps any symbolism is muffled by the lameness of the fights and the sheer crap that was the Battle of Zion. It was simply a big mob shooting at another big mob.

The DBZ fight was lousy and unemotional.

The war ended in a truce. A bloody truce.

Geez, you can't get a more anti-climactic ending then that.

The hero even dies for a simple truce.

Revolution is as bad as a sequel can get.

montnoir: Amen.

Archived