Home

So, anyone like The Beatles?

Vikinor

Well, I just learned about The Beatles in school today. I have this music class where we learn about American popular music. It's a six week class and it's almost over, but I have learned a lot about the United States' history of music.

Well anyway today I heard The Beatles and I actually listened to the music (I had heard it before, but never really listened) and I loved it instantly. So now I am curious. Are there any other Beatles fans here at LF?

Originally posted by VikingLarz

Well, I just learned about The Beatles in school today. I have this music class where we learn about American popular music. It's a six week class and it's almost over, but I have learned a lot about the United States' history of music.

Well anyway today I heard The Beatles and I actually listened to the music (I had heard it before, but never really listened) and I loved it instantly. So now I am curious. Are there any other Beatles fans here at LF?

Do I like the beatles?

OMG TEH YEES!

What albums have you listened to so far?

I hope you realize that The Beatles were a Liverpool band, therefore from the United Kingdom.

They still had a very large impact on the music history in the US(besides, that's where they were introduced to certain mind enhancements...)

The Beatles ROCK

My favorite album is Abbey road. (Little known fact: "Abbey Road" was the last RECORDED album of The Beatles, not "Let it be", Let it be was just released in america a tad late)

The White album is also awsome. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is one of the best songs The Beatles made, clearly George Harrison in his prime.

But I cant pick favorites, everything Beatles is AWSOME

Yup. We took class notes and titled them "The British Invasion."

I have heard of them before, but I never really listened to their songs.

And ZBomber I haven't given the presentation yet, but thanks to you I have more than enough information. And I even got a music sample for extra credit. I got their album "Toys in the Attic" from my dad.

Originally posted by Squee-sithguy

The White album is also awsome. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is one of the best songs The Beatles made, clearly George Harrison in his prime.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps also had Eric Clapton on guitar, so that's why it's so kickass. Even though I think Something is a much better Harrison song.

My all time favorite Beatles song has to be A Day in the Life on Sgt. Pepper's. Simply majestic, and Lennon's vocals are almost orgasmic.

It's funny ... when I was a kid there was a big thing that some famous kid (or kid of a famous person ...) who, when asked about the Beatles, answered "You mean Paul McCartney was in a band *before* Wings?"

Of course, that was when Wings had tons of hits, so it must have been 74 or 75 ...

Now if you mention Wings you get :confused:

My brother was a much bigger Beatles fan than I, but my taste has always ranged a bit to the avante ... I like their mid-60's stuff like Rubber Soul & Revolver quite a bit, as well as a smattering of their later stuff. Still have some of it and some L&M solo stuff on my iPod.

Mike

Originally posted by ZBomber

I have three Beatles CDs (Rubber Soul, Hard Days Night, One) and two vinyls (The Red and Blue Greatest Hit LPs). :)

I recommend The White Album, and Abbey Road alot. Great music.

*cough*Talk to me on MSN. ;) *cough*

Meh... Yellow submarine, anyone?

Of course I like them... I'ts only the thing that my dad was born bour 58 years ago, and so I've listened at least 13½ years for Beatles...

I still have times when I need the songs to calm personal emotions, but otherwise, I'm sick of 'em...

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely hearts club band! w00t!

\o/

I like Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Come Together, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and Hey Jude. Those are the only ones I can name at the moment. Anyone know where you can find some of their albums?

Originally posted by VikingLarz

I like Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Come Together, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and Hey Jude. Those are the only ones I can name at the moment. Anyone know where you can find some of their albums?

Record stores...

....or torrent sites....but I won't go there. :p

Archived