Home

So, anyone like The Beatles?

Vikinor

Originally posted by VikingLarz

Record stores? You mean the big black circles that were before my time? :p

That's vinyl, to be specific. Vinyl or cd, it doesn't matter as they are still a record of the music.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I hope this isn't what getting old feels like. I can see it now...

[oldman]The music kids listen to these days, it's all noise I tell ya! The Beatles, though...now THAT was REAL music![/oldman] :p

I'm 14, Zed and Acrylic are 15. The Beatles live on in each generation...

If you kids are after something more modern than those oldfashioned cd thingies then you may be in trouble.

For some reason the beatles won't let ANY of their music on ANY of the download sites. So the only online options for fans are either p2p or *cough*allofmp3dotcom*cough*. :(

Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road are the best. White album, revolver and rubber soul are cool. Or you could get those two red and blue double-disc best-of sets.

I think one advantage that beatles had was that they went out on top, not hanginf around like the rolling stones or other bands of that time.

Back when foriegn people listened to british music... sigh... good times...

Originally posted by VikingLarz

I like Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Come Together, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and Hey Jude. Those are the only ones I can name at the moment. Anyone know where you can find some of their albums?

You LIKE YELLOW SUBMARINE????!??

- Possibly only their worst song ever. You do realise they were all drugged up when they produced it... figures when you listen to their song.

Come together is awesome and so is Hey Jude. You like Ticket to Ride? - another classic. And how about "Juju was a man who thought he was a woman..." :)

Originally posted by Konar

You LIKE YELLOW SUBMARINE????!??

- Possibly only their worst song ever.

Bull****.

You do realise they were all drugged up when they produced it... figures when you listen to their song.

So were 98% of bands during that time when making songs. And I fail to see how that makes a song suck, especially a happy song like Yellow Submarine.

It's also one of their most famous songs.

And how about "Juju was a man who thought he was a woman..." :)

That would be the song "Get Back" and it is "JoJo was a man who thought he was a loner".

Yellow submarine is a pretty decent song, but I can't believe nobody has listed Yesterday as their favorite beatles song...either that or Let it Be...those two songs rock my face.

Originally posted by Tyrion

While My Guitar Gently Weeps also had Eric Clapton on guitar, so that's why it's so kickass. Even though I think Something is a much better Harrison song.

My all time favorite Beatles song has to be A Day in the Life on Sgt. Pepper's. Simply majestic, and Lennon's vocals are almost orgasmic.

there are 2 versions, the one that comes with the CD that is played by the beatles and another one live played by Eric Clapton and George Harrison, and they are different (the same lyrics tho). IMO is the best harrison song, i just got tired of "something" and "here comes the sun".

Anyway my favorite ones are:

Strawberry fields

Something

I am the Warlus

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Free as a Bird

A hard Days night

In my life

A Day in the Life

Hello Goodbye

Lady Madonna

Lovely Rita

I'm so tired

I'll be Back

Here comes the Sun

Cry Baby Cry

Blackbird

And some more :p

And yes I LIKE THE BEATLES! just look my sig ;)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

I can't believe nobody has listed Yesterday as their favorite beatles song...either that or Let it Be...those two songs rock my face.

I can't believe anyone can list a single song as their definitive favourite.

They're all good, for whatever mood your in.

Originally posted by ZBomber

If anything, drugs ENHANCED the quality of music. Take 70's Aerosmith for example.

Listen to White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane, without any substances you find yourself having a bit of a trip.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Worst band evar.

Sage for lameness.

<3

:eek: :eek: :eek:

and evar?

Anyway I have some more favorites. I'll just list the ones im listening to right now.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Can't Buy Me Love

Come Together

From Me to You

Get Back

Help!

Hey Jude

I Want to Hold Your Hand

She Loves You

Twist and Shout

Yellow Submarine

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Listen to White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane, without any substances you find yourself having a bit of a trip.

I always kinda sit in a daze when I listen to that song.

Seriously.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

That would be the song "Get Back" and it is "JoJo was a man who thought he was a loner".

Yellow submarine is a pretty decent song, but I can't believe nobody has listed Yesterday as their favorite beatles song...either that or Let it Be...those two songs rock my face.

Dang. What I meant was "Sweet Loretta Modern thought she was a woman

But she was another man" - but you get the picture. :p

I started singing Let it be before, then put the three dots after it - which implies it's one of my favorites.

-- Note to people that I don't hate Yellow Sub because the beatles were drugged out of their skin when they sung it, but because I really think it is the let down of the series --

Yesterday's alright. Bit slow though...

:D :D

Let it Be and Hey Jude often get voted the most popuar songs ever (although Bohemian Rhapsody is often in there two).

Lucy in the sky with diamonds is another fave of mine.

---

I thought Clapton guest guitared on the album version too? I wouldn't swear to it.

Did clapton steal harrison's wife, or harrison steal clapton's?

Archived