Home

Nintendo Revolution

Acrylic

So yeah, I win. I made all of the system threads. But with good reason this time too!

Here is what the Nintendo "Revolution" will look like.

media?id=1897381&type=lg

e3-2005-revolution-revealed-20050517010646774.jpg

I have got to say, that is one tiny and sexy mofo. :p

Also, it's rumored that it will be at least 3 times more powerful than the Gamecube, and easier to program for.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by InsaneSith

Sexiest. Console. Ever.

:emodanc:

*edit*

*looks at it again*

... I'm so buying that.

I know what you mean. I totally have to get a job this summer so I can get my self all the sweet new consoles.

But I really have high hopes for Nintendo, and I hope they come out with higher sales this time around, since it's rumored that if Nintendo doesn't do well this time, they're out of the console biz.

Also, it's rumored that the Revolution will have all the classic games in their online database that's accessible (sp?), like games from the NES, SNES, possibly N64, and is backwards compatible with the Gamecube.

But, we'll know for sure in an hour or two, since the press conference is going on now.

Gosh, it's so sexy. :p

Am I the only one who thinks it just looks like a black CD-ROM drive from a PC...without all the trailing cables? :confused:

Don't get me wrong...I like the size, but the design looks like someone took a CD-ROM drive and put it in a shiny box.

They should have made it look like an actual book - and called it the GameBook. :p

Originally posted by ZBomber

I want to E-Sex this Revolution! :eek:

Looks awesome, if it has good games, it'll probably be the best newgen console.

In terms of power, it'll be way below the Xbox360 and way below the PS3.

I will eventually get all 3, but if the price is low enough on this one, I'm considering getting this first, on account of the fact that old school games are able to be played, and hopefully downloadable.

Smash Bros. will be launch game...

Iwata then talks about backward compatibility. "Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made.

:eek:

Originally posted by ZBomber

I am getting this no matter what. The two things IG quoted alone are enough to make me get it, even if the prices exceeds $300. :eek:

I wouldn't be surprised if the PS3 and Xbox360 exceed $300, but if the Revolution does, it would be highway robbery.

You see, the reason consoles are expensive like that is becuase of what's in them. And compared to the PS3 and Xbox360, there's not enough power in the Revolution. Like, they even said, it'll be 2-3 times more powerful than the Gamecube, while the PS3 is boasting 35 times more power.

I wouldn't be surprised at a $200-$250 price range for the Revolution.

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I hope it'll have more juice than xbox360

It won't.

Oh well, it'll still compete with the Ps3 and Xbox360. I mean, 20 years worth of backwards compatibility should give them some business. :D

Originally posted by Acrylic

In terms of power, it'll be way below the Xbox360 and way below the PS3.

That might be true, but I don't see anything to suggest that as of yet. Hell the PS2 wasn't nearly as powerful as sony had claimed, how do we know they aren't bull****ting their specs again?

And the GameCube is easily 10x as powerful as the ps2.

That might be true, but I don't see anything to suggest that as of yet. Hell the PS2 wasn't nearly as powerful as sony had claimed, how do we know they aren't bull****ting their specs again?

Well, if you take a look at the specs on that thing, you'll see, it's a beast. 2 teraflops don't lie. :p

Originally posted by Acrylic

Well, if you take a look at the specs on that thing, you'll see, it's a beast. 2 teraflops don't lie. :p

Sony said similiar things when announcing the PS2, and it's the weakest of the current generation. They were boasting amazing stuff, that when we got it, wasn't anything like we were told.

Sony said similiar things when announcing the PS2, and it's the weakest of the current generation. They were boasting amazing stuff, that when we got it, wasn't anything like we were told.

True. But I have good faith in Sony this time. The console "war" is really close, that I don't think Sony would make the same mistake as last time.

Archived