Home

Nintendo Revolution

Acrylic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me it looks like a memory card.

I just want to see a Legend of Zelda game on it.

Hopefully they will make a Mario game as well. Not a Luigi or Yoshi game, but a real Mario game. Not paper Mario either.

I have all the Nintendo consoles, so I will buy this one. The backwards compatibality feature is awsome, but I only see a place for disks.

Im really exited now:D

Originally posted by Lion54

I have all the Nintendo consoles, so I will buy this one. The backwards compatibality feature is awsome, but I only see a place for disks.

You kinda shoulda read what was said before. :p

"Iwata then talks about backward compatibility. "Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made."

Originally posted by ZBomber

Anyone know if online charges/download charges will apply? Didn't see that on there, so kinda curious.

I'm sure they'll charge you for the games.

But I don't know how much. We'll probably know later this week, or most likely, later this year.

Originally posted by Acrylic

You kinda shoulda read what was said before. :p

"Iwata then talks about backward compatibility. "Redefining term of backward compatability." It's a virtual console, able to download 20 years of Nintendo content. You will be able to Download NES, Super NES and N64 games. You can get every Nintendo game ever made."

:fist: Sometimes the answer is right in front of you. hehe

I read that, too. I was about to go to bed, though.

Note to self: do not post tired.

Ohhhhhh....

From ign.com

Aparently, the Nintendo Revolution pic that appeared on the internet recently was infact the memory card (100,000 blocks) of the Nintendo Revolution. The size was nessisary because of the on board capasitor needed to make it work. Nintendo and IGN appologize for the exitment as we admit the real Revolution is like an overweight Xbox with a memory problem.

Link

Blah! I keed, I keed! Looks really sexy and cheap! :animelol:

TiE

Oh my God...twenty years worth of Nintendo games...available for download...legally...OH MY GOD!!! :eek:

*runs around screaming and smacks into a wall* (been a while since I've done that, hasn't it? :p )

That alone would be worth buying it for. I just hope they don't mean just first party games, but it doesn't sound like it. They'd better have Space Station: Silicon Valley for download. I swear, that game's one of the best (and most overlooked) N64 games EVER.

I came, I saw and I pissed my pants. :D

I knew I was right to put my faith into the big N once more... The console looks amazing, by far the best looking console ever made IMHO. The backwards compatibility is really impressive ans I'm sure... I know it's only the tip of the iceberg. I can't wait to see what other amazing features it will have... Right now I just wish I could get my hand on this beauty :D

That looks cool :) I just hope the devs will support it this time 'round.. I also hope there will be a Rogue Squadron 4 on the N-Rev ! Imagine vaping online foes in your xwing with next gen grafix..... awesome :)

now, we just have to wait a bit longer to see what the ps3 will look like too :)

mtfbwya

wow. Its gone from a forum full of people who thought the Rev had no chance to a load of drooling fanboys in under 30 seconds :D

Who says consoles don't sell on looks??? :D

It does look very sweet, best of all three. But as usual big N haven't given much away in terms of specs. We still know far less about this one than the other two.

I seriouslt doubt it will be less powerfull than the 360, what with it coming out several months later. But i guess we won't know till we get more specs.

SD slot on both this AND the PS3??? Cool!

Downloadable virtual console... sounds cool, but it depends on pricing. Since i already have almost every NES and SNES game on my xbox for free they'd have to do something special to make them worth paying for. And, except for the odd game, to be honest most of them aren't worth more than a quick nostalgia blast. Game design has moved on, and they are a lot harder than current games.

N64 games might be worth a $ or $$ though.

The hard drive question is gonna be interesting... though as it is only an option on the other two consoles it may not be used by that many people.

Anyone notice how N have made a complete 180 on a lot of their GCN stances? They said with GCN that online didn't matter, and that they wanted a pure games console, not a multimedia centre like the PS2 and XBOX. Now they are talking about it being a multimedia centre. ;-)

does it play dvds?

PS/ Remember when sony said the PS2 could render Toy Story in real time? :rolleyes:

If the download old games stuff is free, GOODBYE SOCIAL LIFE!

I wonder if they'll have the Super Star Wars games for the SNES and the NES. I'm downloading the original Rouge Squadron just to compare.

Also, the fact that it's going to be even smaller when it comes out.......HOW!? it'll end up being a DVD case and that's it.

I saw a screenshot w/ different colors on it, looked pretty slick, but I don't ahve the link. There was green, black, red, and silver I think.

And isn't it ironic that people are arguing over wether it has enough graphical power whilst at the same time raving over being able to play 20 year old games on it?

My faith for nintendo has been rewarded. I can die in peace now.

Originally posted by jokemaster

And isn't it ironic that people are arguing over wether it has enough graphical power whilst at the same time raving over being able to play 20 year old games on it?

XD

Originally posted by jokemaster

My faith for nintendo has been rewarded. I can die in peace now.

Damn straight.

Originally posted by toms

Anyone notice how N have made a complete 180 on a lot of their GCN stances? They said with GCN that online didn't matter, and that they wanted a pure games console, not a multimedia centre like the PS2 and XBOX. Now they are talking about it being a multimedia centre. ;-)

does it play dvds?

They never really talked about it being a multimedia centre, because so far, I haven't heard of stuff like streaming video chat, and whatnot.

But yeah, it can play DVD's.

revo_8l.jpg

Here's a pic of the multi-color Revs.

Archived