Home

Worlds you Love to Hate

The_Maker

I cannot stand some of the "planets" that Obsidion put in the game and left them in as playable areas, but there are also some genuine planets that almost have a "diamond" feeling to them. Here is the best/worst planets in my opinion.

The 2 worlds I hate with a passion are,

1: Peragus (I think everyone hates this world ;P)

2: Citadel Station - It is just kind of boring... how interesting can a bunch of metal modules with doors get before things get really really old?

The 2 worlds I find enjoyable to play are..

1: Onderon - I just like the "activness" to it, and how many options there are to go DS or LS (and get some mulah in the process :naughty: )

2: Nar Shadda - Another good world where you can gain a large amount of DS and/or LS points. However, the one thing I do not like about it is that it has a very "gloomy" feel to it, no sunlight, no trees or bushes, it is more like The Under City in Kotor.

All the rest are somewhere inbetween, and don't really make me hate them, but don't really make me want to play them over and over again either.

What are you favorites/non-favorites?

I think the planet I disliked the most in Kotor 2 was Korriban: no interaction so far, nothing to do apart meeting dead bodies and ghosts.

NarShadaa could have been enjoyable but I don't like being stuck in a series of cutscenes and then being put in control of npcs I didn't chose for hours: this diminishes role playing a lot in my opinion. (Overall, I felt that the player did not have enough control during this game. Take just the final sequence:

You go meet the council on Dantoine, right when you exit the Academy, you are thrown in the Ebon hawk (instead of being able to go there "by foot", when you want) for a quick cutscene, then at the Telos academy for a few cutscenes and a quick battle, then you are sent directly to Citadel station, then the Ravager and Malachor with no control at all - in Kotor 1, you were able to go to the StarForge when you chose to do so, prepare yourself, speak to your party members .

Malachor was also horrible: where's the role play when there's no other interaction than

slaughtering storm beasts and waves of sith assassins with nothing to say...

The planet I prefered was Dxun and Onderon: Dxun was beautiful and both planets felt a little more lively than the others (but again, lack of control over displacements and party members). I also liked Dantoine (but wished they would have left the other areas from K1, they could have added just a few kinrath to kill if they wanted and move the mandalorian camp there but leave the areas!!!) and Citadel station: there was something to do! smuggling missions were fun.

I liked Peragus because you had to find out what had happened to you and the crew on the ebon hawk. I also liked it because the place seemed deserted but still had this feeling like something was still there and waiting for you. I really liked that Republic ship the harbinger the most though because you got to see some new areas on that type of ship and I think it just looked better than the one in KOTOR.

I liked Telos/Citadel station because there was just so much to do and my favorite part was the one where you play B4D4 when you go to get the files from Czerka. I also liked those shuttles they had there, they looked like imperial shuttles from the movies.

Nar Shaddaa was good because it was such a long level and had so much to do. I liked the variety of aliens and droids they had there too, especially that Toydarian guy.

Dantooine is my favorite planet because I liked going back and seeing the Jedi Enclave and Khoonda *Matale Estate* after it had changed from the first game. I liked that I was actually able to go into the sublevel of the Enclave because I had always wondered where that door went and secretly hoped they wouldve used it in the original game but liked how they used it here. I also thought it was nice to be able to go inside of the Matale Estate, even though it looked different because its Khoonda now but im just glad they finally let you see what the inside of it looked like. Guess we know why the Khoonda had so many battle droids and weapons considering how paranoid Ahlan Matale was in the first game.

Dxun/Onderon were my next two favorite planets because they had so much to do as well and I liked seeing more of the Mandalorians and going deeper into their whole lifestyle. I also thought that Onderon was fun because of the swoop races and the whole murder scene thing. I also liked rigging the merchant droid to be more polite and give me a discount.

Koriban was okay, I liked the tomb there because of the ghosts and I liked the academy. I just thought the level shouldve been longer and there shouldve been more to do there and it wouldve been fine. I wanted to go back into those 4 tombs in the valley again.

Malachor V was fun but I just wish they couldve resolved the story there completely instead of leaving you wondering what happened to everyone. The thing with the crashed Republic ships there was fun.

The Ravager was a fun ship to go into, but it kinda looked alot like an Imperial star destroyer.

The ones i can't stand and are boring were Peragus so boring i try to do it as fast as possbile andCitadel station as it started broing and picked up when you got to atirs,

I like going back to Dantooine the jedis enclave, and i love that plante, also Dxun/Onderon was cool your in the middle of a war kind of, i thourght Malcore 5 was ok not enought intreation with people, Korribon i like so much in the ifrst game but the tomb you get to go into was great.

I loved dantooine, and Nar Shadda.

I hate peragus, korriban, and malachor.

Pointless are Citadel Station(all you did was find the secret acadamy and your ship), Korriban(All u did was find dead jedi master) and ebon hawk (1st time, I guess that's why they put "skip prolouge")

The world I hated most was Citadel Station. It just became boring really fast. Run from Point A to Point B, with all those loading screens inbetween(I got the Xbox version). Not that appealing.

The world I enjoyed the most was Onderon. I thought its civil war scenario had its moments, and I liked how you had to storm the Palace.

Why does everyone hate Peragus so much? I think it was the best made, most completed planet of the whole game. It felt completed.

Onderon/Dxun was nice, due to the civil war and the political climate but I wish they made Iziz more like a city and the Mandalorian camp seem like...a real military camp. That was a small platoon...

Nar Shaddaa felt really incomplete and the "tight metropolis" feel just wasn't there. It wasn't interesting at all.

It would've been interesting to visit everything about Dantooine, from the Grove to the Sandral Estate, visiting the remains, what's left or whatever. It was fun though.

Korriban. Nothing happens there. nuff said.

Citadel/Telos could've been nice, but it also felt incomplete and sparsely populated.

Last is Malachor. Boring. nuff said.

I know it's not a "planet" but I have to go with the Ravager. And maybe it's not even the Ravager itself but the fact that going there represents the end of the fun for me.

I understand how it fits with the storyline, but being tied to the same two party members does not add to the replay value. It would be like having to play the Star Forge with Carth and Mission EVERY TIME. Part of what made the Star Forge fun was that you could play it with different party members each time and portions of it varied depending on how you had played leading up to it.

There is almost no variation in game play from the Ravager on. Same fights, same party members, same dialogs.

Great game. As Prime said each planet is cool in it's own way, but I think that the Ravenger and Malacor weren't necessarily that well thought out.

EDIT: BTW, I'm with LIAYD on this one: what's up with all the Peragus haters? Peragus was clearly the most fully developed, well thought-out planet in the game. The only complaints that I have about Peragus are the damned buggy space suit and the fact that you don't get as much XP turreting the Sith Troopers as you do when you let them storm the ship.

Originally posted by Achilles

EDIT: BTW, I'm with LIAYD on this one: what's up with all the Peragus haters? Peragus was clearly the most fully developed, well thought-out planet in the game. The only complaints that I have about Peragus are the damned buggy space suit and the fact that you don't get as much XP turreting the Sith Troopers as you do when you let them storm the ship.

I do like Peragus too: I think it was well done and that time was put on details and polishing. Rythym was good too: no places where you feel there is nothing to do. I also like the fact that you finally feel a difference on that planet depending on what skills you have. Perhaps the only place where I don't care being put in control of another party member.

I played the game 3 times : the third time I stopped playing after citadel station, just before the Ravager and the unending hack & slash session.

Of all the worlds, my least favourite is probably Telos. Yes, I know, there are a lot of quests there, but I didn't like it. It was just boring, and there were obviously plot holes.

For example, when Jana Lorso asks you to work for her, you take care of the exchange, etc. But when you character finishes all those tasks, you tell Lorso to uphold her end of the bargain, and she allows you to use a shuttle.

:eyeraise: PLOT HOLE! PLOT HOLE! When was it that your character asks Lorso if he/she can use a shuttle?

And for the part in the Telos academy... WHY ON EARTH DID ATRIS TAKE YOUR SHIP!?! There's no explanation! PLOT HOLE!

And the restoration zones... Didn't feel like restoration zones. There's nothing but grass. If the Ithorians are trying to restore Telos, where are the ponds, flowers, bushes, birds, animals, and rocks? The restoration zone you visit is nothing but grass with a couple trees and bushes.

Nothing but Canoks and mercenaries.

It didn't feel like people really lived on Citadel station, either. The apartments were unrealistically tiny, and it didn't look like people lived there. Sure, you have a bed in each apartment. It would be more realistic if there were kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms in the apartments. I'm not saying there should be some sort of side-quest, but just the prescence of those things would be enough. Not really the most realistic space station...

And why was everyone on Citadel station wearing the same thing? That's not very realistic. And why is it that whenver you leave Telos and travel back to it, the same NPCs are still there? People shouldn't just stay in the same area. It would be realistic if people in the cantina left or entered it. Citadel station just didn't feel... Lived in. It didn't feel alive.

And that's why it is my least favourite planet.

I don't know why people hate Malachor. It had a great Dark Side atmoshpere, a very evil feeling about the place. And besides, the restoration project will be fixing Malachor.

I was hoping, however, that the Trayus academy would be more detailed, rather than just a bunch of hallways. A few training rooms, maybe a library with sith holocrons, a mess hall, a few bedrooms would have been nice. It would make the place seam more lived in.

My favourite of the worlds was probably Korriban or Malachor. Korriban was great. I liked it how in KOTOR 1 the place is a busy academy, but in KOTOR 2 it's completely deserted with almost everyone there dead. It felt like things had really been happening between the two games. Korriban was great, though it could've been a little larger.

Originally posted by Darth333

I think the planet I disliked the most in Kotor 2 was Korriban: no interaction so far, nothing to do apart meeting dead bodies and ghosts.

I agree, although I though getting to fight Darth Sion almost made up for the lack of interaction on that world.

NarShadaa could have been enjoyable but I don't like being stuck in a series of cutscenes and then being put in control of npcs I didn't chose for hours: this diminishes role playing a lot in my opinion. (Overall, I felt that the player did not have enough control during this game. Take just the final sequence:

You go meet the council on Dantoine, right when you exit the Academy, you are thrown in the Ebon hawk (instead of being able to go there "by foot", when you want) for a quick cutscene, then at the Telos academy for a few cutscenes and a quick battle, then you are sent directly to Citadel station, then the Ravager and Malachor with no control at all - in Kotor 1, you were able to go to the StarForge when you chose to do so, prepare yourself, speak to your party members .

I agree completely. I did not like how I have no control over what happened. Even worse, I died once on the Ravager without saving, and then had to go through all those cutscenes over again:mad:

Malachor was also horrible: where's the role play when there's no other interaction than

slaughtering storm beasts and waves of sith assassins with nothing to say...

Although, there's nothing wrong with constantly killing Sith...;)

The planet I prefered was Dxun and Onderon: Dxun was beautiful and both planets felt a little more lively than the others (but again, lack of control over displacements and party members). I also liked Dantoine (but wished they would have left the other areas from K1, they could have added just a few kinrath to kill if they wanted and move the mandalorian camp there but leave the areas!!!) and Citadel station: there was something to do! smuggling missions were fun.

I again agree. I loved Dxun and Onderon a lot for a few reasons, one being that I love Mandalore, and two, it seemed more 'classic roleplay' style, unlike some of the parts listed aboce. There was a big battle at the end, but most of it was looking for clues, finding out what to do next. I love it!

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

Of all the worlds, my least favourite is probably Telos. Yes, I know, there are a lot of quests there, but I didn't like it. It was just boring, and there were obviously plot holes.

For example, when Jana Lorso asks you to work for her, you take care of the exchange, etc. But when you character finishes all those tasks, you tell Lorso to uphold her end of the bargain, and she allows you to use a shuttle.

:eyeraise: PLOT HOLE! PLOT HOLE! When was it that your character asks Lorso if he/she can use a shuttle?

Well you got this one right.

And for the part in the Telos academy... WHY ON EARTH DID ATRIS TAKE YOUR SHIP!?! There's no explanation! PLOT HOLE!

Because Atris knows that the Ebon Hawk was Revan's ship. How does she know that it's on Telos? Who knows. Republic informants who intercepted the Harbingers transmissions, spies on Citadel Station, the Force. All of these are possible explanations. OE didn't explain a lot of the story line so that we could piece events together for ourselves over multiple playthroughs. Granted there are some legitimate plot holes, but is every detail that isn't spelled out for you proof of a plot hole? I seriously doubt it.

And the restoration zones... Didn't feel like restoration zones. There's nothing but grass. If the Ithorians are trying to restore Telos, where are the ponds, flowers, bushes, birds, animals, and rocks?

Sorry, no ponds but there is a stream with a waterfall and a HUGE FREAKIN' OCEAN! You're right about flowers and bushes, but I guess they didn't have your checklist when they were creating their interpretation of what a restoration zone would look like. BTW, there are birds, you just have to look in the sky to see them. And as for animals, I guess you didn't see the dozen cannoks that were running around. Last time I checked they were animals.

The restoration zone you visit is nothing but grass with a couple trees and bushes.

Wait. You just said that there weren't any bushes. I'm confused now. BTW, you forgot to include mines, mercs, droids, speeders, oceans, birds, waterfalls, turrets, and buildings on your list. Just and FYI.

Nothing but Canoks and mercenaries.

Nothing but grass with a couple trees and bushes or nothing but cannoks and mercenaries? Which is it?

It didn't feel like people really lived on Citadel station, either.

Yeah I didn't get that impression when I saw all the people and the apartments either :eyeraise:

The apartments were unrealistically tiny, and it didn't look like people lived there. Sure, you have a bed in each apartment. It would be more realistic if there were kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms in the apartments.

Yeah, the Emperor stayed their once and he only gave it 2 stars too. Err...last time I checked the restoration project was a huge undertaking minimally funded by a credit-strapped Republic (eg government, military, etc...not well known for posh accomodations in any galaxy). I suppose that if I were managing that kind of project, I'd expect everyone to live in cramped quarters and eat in a mess hall too. But since they didn't show the mess hall, I guess that makes it a plot hole. And for the record, I'm with you on the bathrooms. I for one expect to see at least one good urinal when I shell out $50 for a game.

I'm not saying there should be some sort of side-quest, but just the prescence of those things would be enough.

I actually heard that they had a bathroom related side quest but had to scrap it cuz LucasArts cut their budget and scared them with a Thanksgiving release date.

Not really the most realistic space station...

Spend a lot of time on Star Wars Universe space stations, eh?

And why was everyone on Citadel station wearing the same thing? That's not very realistic.

Err military? They have these things called "uniforms". They tend to look kinda similar. Just an FYI for future reference.

And why is it that whenver you leave Telos and travel back to it, the same NPCs are still there? People shouldn't just stay in the same area. It would be realistic if people in the cantina left or entered it.

Ok, come on, REALLY? Ok dude.

Citadel station just didn't feel... Lived in. It didn't feel alive.

And that's why it is my least favourite planet.

"If you thought Peragus was dead, then Telos is a dying world they're trying to breathe back to life." Sound familiar? Atton says it at the beginning of the game while you're on your way to Telos. OE would be thrilled to know that they achieved the ambiance that they were trying for.

I don't know why people hate Malachor.

Err...cuz it's the exact same thing every time you play. Sure you kill the storm beasts and sith baddies a little quicker when you're a weapon master then when you're a jedi master, but there isn't a whole lot of variety there.

It had a great Dark Side atmoshpere, a very evil feeling about the place.

I agree.

And besides, the restoration project will be fixing Malachor.

Well, if you're LS

the planet blows up

and if you're DS

you take the place over. I doubt your first priority is going to be remodeling. Maybe you were hoping for a Queer Eye For The Sith Guy expansion pack?

I was hoping, however, that the Trayus academy would be more detailed, rather than just a bunch of hallways. A few training rooms, maybe a library with sith holocrons, a mess hall, a few bedrooms would have been nice. It would make the place seam more lived in.

Well there were training rooms (sparely furnished training rooms, but hey) and mess halls, but I'm with you on the rest of it.

Wait. You just said that there weren't any bushes. I'm confused now. BTW, you forgot to include mines, mercs, droids, speeders, oceans, birds, waterfalls, turrets, and buildings on your list. Just and FYI.

Oh yeah... I've not been getting much sleep of late, so I've been a bit forgetful. That's also why I mispelled a word.

Yeah, the Emperor stayed their once and he only gave it 2 stars too.

He gave it no stars... And left withing a couple of hours. :p There are no bathrooms there, or showers.

not well known for posh accomodations in any galaxy). I suppose that if I were managing that kind of project, I'd expect everyone to live in cramped quarters and eat in a mess hall too.

Yeah, but bathrooms and food are the bare essentials... Without either, the occupants of Citadel will probably leave withinga couple of hours... Or, it'll start to smell bad.

But since they didn't show the mess hall, I guess that makes it a plot hole.

I wouldn't call it a plot hole.

I actually heard that they had a bathroom related side quest

Where on earth did you hear that!?!

Spend a lot of time on Star Wars Universe space stations, eh?

No, but I think people will still need to eat and use the bathroom a few million years from now.

Err military? They have these things called "uniforms". They tend to look kinda similar. Just an FYI for future reference.

Not all the people on Citadel work for the restoration project. Some of the are probably just refugees from Telos.

Ok, come on, REALLY? Ok dude.

Oops. Once I get started on something, I'll usually go overboard about it.

Where on earth did you hear that!?!

Taking me literally, eh? ;) Glad to see that none of my humor was lost on you [/sarcasm]

No, but I think people will still need to eat and use the bathroom a few million years from now.

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away...subtract about 3,995 years from that.

Not all the people on Citadel work for the restoration project. Some of the are probably just refugees from Telos.

You're stating that based on what? As for refugees, I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.

BTW, not to stray from the topic but congrats on your exams :D

I personally am with the faction that thinks each area has it's merit. But the first part of the game is the most polished parts, hence the most interesting to play through... and like Achilles the Ravager is the last part of the game that has any sort of freedom and fun for me as well.

Maybe you were hoping for a Queer Eye For The Sith Guy expansion pack?

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! :rofl::lol:

That's just too good! :D

Long ago in a galaxy far, far away...subtract about 3,995 years from that.

People still need to eat. :p

You're stating that based on what? As for refugees, I doubt it, but I suppose it's possible.

If Earth was destroyed, would you want to live on a humungous space station above it? If the outfits the Telosians have are uniforms, I doubt they would wear them to the cantina...

BTW, not to stray from the topic but congrats on your exams :D

Why, thank you! :D Several more years left, though...

Archived