Home

Mod Requests Thread (#5)

T7nowhere

Originally posted by sith_master2000

New quest mods are very time consuming and not a lot of people have time to make them. If you be patient one of the modders may take you up on your request.

To add to this also when making a mod request please specify which game you want the mod for.

Also just because you request something does not mean one of us will pick this up. All the modders here at Holowan do these in our freetime and have projects that we have in the works. Those of us trying to think of an idea of what to make will browse this thread and get some inspiration alot of times and go from there.

When you say you want new sidequests try to elaborate on what you want to see in there and what planet you would like it to appear on or if you want a new planet. Give us something to work with for an idea description and we will be more motivated to consider the mod.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello I'm new to modding, I'd try to make this myself but I'd have no idea how(I'm still trying to get my kotor tool to work). So anyway I would like to request several items for KotorI.

One armor withe male and female versions for pc and npcs, and

one "visor".

I think that the mandalorian armor seems a little too much like an environment suit (please don't use force choke on me, for dissing coolest armor in the game) but I think that a few mandalorians would have wanted a more open-air feel the blood hit your skin kind of armor, so these hardcore dudes ripped most of the lower layers out for a more enjoyable bloodbath experience, ( and so female warriors who bought their armor would show a little more skin ;).

If this screenshot doesn't work for you let me know and I'll try to find a better way to get it in here. http://img176.echo.cx/img176/1859/1a4zc.jpg

Like I said I'm pretty new at this so I put a screenshot in MS Paint and then scribbled on it. (it actually took me over an hour to do this and I put my face in just because I was bored)

If you can It would be great to have balanced and overpowered versions of each so every one could use it, thats just four pieces of armor.

I didn't think trying to draw textures in Paint would look very good so it looks fairly plain. Do you think that you could also put in wear-and-tear and battle-scars, and could you make the white reflective and shiny and the red a stonelike dull nonreflective.

And maybe a little less coverage on the female models, (hey it just makes the game look al that much better;)

I don't know if it's legal to make team related stuff in mods but if it's not possible just an incredibly overpowered scarlet an grey(any design or texture) backwards hat would be awesome!(maybe another mod that gives malak a blue and maize hat haha)

I don't know if this can be made as a unique item so it wouldn't conlfict with anyone elses mods or overwrite anything.

I looked around and couldn't find anything like this except for the blood red armor mod which I accidentally deleted and now can't find.

This is my first mod request, I tried to follow all the rules (especially number three=P).

If someone would be kind enough to make this I would be more than happy to return the favor when I figure out how to do this stuff.

Thank You For Reading This,

RED

Originally posted by Chains

How about you realize that I'll be missing a couple of party members?

He has a point Emporer_Devon.

So Basicly chains, your requesting a mod that skips Peragus and Telos but with all the gainable characters from those planets.

have a look in the Scripting Tutorial, it may be in there, and you could release this as your own maybe? ;)

MattCole

Originally posted by Chains

How about you realize that I'll be missing a couple of party members?

How about you get a skip Peragus mod (so you'll get your first few party members), warp to Telos' surface to get Bao - Dur, and then warp to the planet after Telos? You can use KSE to give yourself the main quest.

Can anyone supply a new head modeling tutorial? Well I suppose it's not exactly a new head but I want to give one of the PC characters a helmet and I'm not sure how to go about it. I successfully model a new lightsaber (not going to release but will send screens if anyone wants to see it) but modeling a head is quite different. Or maybe:

Origionally said by Yoda

No, no different, only different in your mind!

Anywho can anyone help?

a head modelling tutorial would be pretty helpful (however im definetly not the one to write it) stoffe -mbk- has an appearance.2da tutorial in the 2da forum that is a good place to start, but i followed it, and still could not get my head to work.

today i took a crack at making a new female twi'lek pc that you could pic from the start of the menu but i simply could not figure it out, so what i'm asking is if any of the people out there that know how to do this, if i send you the textures could you do the 2da work to make it selectable from the beginning? send me a PM with your email and i'll send you the textures and give you a little more detail on what i'm trying to do. thanks

There was a mod in PCGamemods I wanted to try but it was all polish or something, it was called project yavin, it looked pretty cool and the description for it said there would be an english version, does anyone know anything, I lokked for a thread on this, couldn't find it, so I'm making a mod request for info.

This might sound odd but can someone make me a script that makes force crush instantly kill someone? (or half damage if they do a save or whatever)

I've tried many times myself but it just doesn't seem to work for me for some frustrating reason :(

I know of other mods that does this but it also modifies other force powers, no mod yet for only force crush :(

If you could PM me if anyone has such a mod (i.e only force crush modded), It would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks! :)

Alright I have been mulling an idea through my head for a mod for TSL a while now and since its summer now I've decided to fill the idea out a bit. This post can be taken both as a request for a mod as well as a request for help in direction on working on this mod. Anyways, on to the idea.

I was thinking of making a mod that would change the gameplay style of the game basically, by making it so that getting hit was far more damaging and deadly. For me personally the beginning of the game was funner because it was more tense, if you got hit by a blaster at that point it was very damaging if not deadly. I would propose a mod that would create this type of gameplay throughout the game. How I was thinking of doing this was through several different changes. The first and most obvious is to change the hitpoints of all units, PC and NPC included, reducing the hitpoints and thus amplifying the damage of all weapons. Going hand in hand with this I would think tweaking of all the weapons would be necessary to keep them balanced and not make them all just as equally deadly.

The second aspect of change would be two-fold, changing both the armor class of units and the to-hit chances of units. The idea behind this is to make it much more difficult to hit units and to get hit. This would make all of the battles last longer and be more up to chance as you would have to hope your characters rolled that critical roll to hit the enemy.

Those are the two basic changes that would be made in my idea mod, followed by tweaking and balancing for things such as saving throws and force power damage, duration, etc. Obviously this is a mod that would take some time to create, at least from my perspective. Then again thats why I'm here requesting help. I was thinking of trying to make changes to how much your stats impact your abilities, such as AC, to-hit and hitpoints but I have been unsuccessful finding out where to change those things. It was through stat impact tweaking that I was hoping to change your to hit, ac, etc. Anyways, any help in that would be much appreciated, as well as suggestions on how to further proceed with this mod. Thanks for reading this drawn out post and giving any help you can.

Fair enough.

Korriban, you find a group of scavengers fighting off...

say the dark side dragons ;) Upon entering the situation,

they beg for help, you can choose to help them or

leave them to their doom. Upon helping, they thank you,

but plead for help to recover some "item of great import

to our patron"... you are given the choice of helping,

demanding their loot, killing them, or asking "why should

I?" According to them, they are hired by a well off society

of gentlemen. Force persuade... "that's all we know"

Now, this item may be in the tomb, or a new side area,

or just in the shyrak cave. Upon retrieval, the first part

may end, and you recieve some moderately interesting

item... if people adore it, it can be evolved into a more

complicated series of events that'll drag you across all

the planets. ;) Just a rough idea, I'd help any modder

100% with ideas, dialogue, V-O's (have good equipment),

balanced item ideas, etc

If someone was interested, I'd even get into the toolsets

and offer extra help.

PS, this is not a "well thought out" series of interactions,

just somethin off the top of my head.

If its possible to make ALL the enemies and bosses (or your character so powerful.=) that you can for example grip him so he lifts up high ^^. Basicly what im asking that is is possible to make every boss and enemy to be vulnerable for all the force powers. Usually if you try grip on Nhilus or Sion, he just saves it.

It would make the darkside playing more fun and more powerful feeling to if you can actually grip sith lords :D.

Originally posted by Juha Avery

If its possible to make ALL the enemies and bosses (or your character so powerful.=) that you can for example grip him so he lifts up high ^^. Basicly what im asking that is is possible to make every boss and enemy to be vulnerable for all the force powers. Usually if you try grip on Nhilus or Sion, he just saves it.

It would make the darkside playing more fun and more powerful feeling to if you can actually grip sith lords :D.

You never run out of requests. :lol:

If you want to do that yourself, it is a very simple process.

Download KOTOR tool (No need to be afraid... This is a simple operation... ;) )

Go to BIFS

Go to templates

Go to blueprint, character

Here you'll see tons of character files. For the SIth Lords you want to edit, click either n_darthsion.utc, n_darthnihilus.utc, or

p_kreia_evil.utc

There'll be a lot of options here. Click on statistics, and set wisdom and charisma to 0. If for some strange reason you can't do this, PM me and modify then e-mail the file(s) to you.

As if the Sith Lords aren't already weak enough... :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

lol i doubt anyone has ever requested this but...

Someone do a Link Skinpack!

Ok let me list what would be needed

1 Link's Head

2 Links Tunic

3 Master Sword

4 Hylian Sheild

5 Sounds

1: Links Head is currently Impossbile to do i beleve, as it requires modeling of the head. It would require modeling the ears, the hair, Add a Hat, and do some facial work.

2: Links Tunic would be easier. It would be easy to Reskin a Jedi Tunic from Kotor 1 (in someones skinpack, i forget but htey added the K1 Robes to K2)

3: Mastersword, easy Remodeling of a Sword in game

4: Hylian sheild isnt as impossbile as it looks. First of all, you can remodel a Sword to go backwards onto the arm of the Player. It might look a bit weird, but its possible

5: Sounds can be recorded from a Video game or found off the internet

Other Tips to someone who takes intrest to this idea::

1. Someone made an incredible Link for Jedi Academy. Of cOurse there is policys for transfering items from JA to KOTOR, the Link was not made by Raven Software, and can be switched over with permission by the Creator.

2. Same goes with everything else, With permission from the Creater of that link skin, you can easily get the Mastersword, Hylian Sheild, and Link Sounds easier. However the head would still need work, from prying it off that model and make it for KOTOR

---------

Also, you can also do a Fairy too for our good link. Remodel a version of Bao-Dur's remote, and make it follow the Main Player around. Giving you Navi, Tatl or any kind of fairy.

Hope this inspires some Zelda fans. ive been High on zelda for a few weeks now lol.

--Bobo

While you can't remodel the head to have those silly super-long ears, you can recolour textures so that he has blonde hair and whatever colour eyes he has.

---

I was reading that I hate d20 thread over on Obsidian, and I had an idea:

A mod that removes all grave robbing. You still get xp for knocking off the bad-guys... and you can still take their weapons and their armour, but everything else is not there...

Just an idea, probly not even possible.

Originally posted by jedigoku

um ok I've tried this my self about 5 time can some one make the handmaiden a playable character everytime i use kse or my files her head dissapears

please

*gets down on hands and knees and begs*

You meand make the handmaiden a PC???

The only reason that I am posting this request again is because it got lost when the forums crashed. Hopefully whoever it was (sorry that I can't remember your nick) that agreed to try to build my lightsaber will see this and tell me how it is coming along. If anyone remembers who it was (he was the guy building the saber that looked like a cross between Anakin/Luke's and Exar Kun's sabers) please let me know so I can add him to my buddy list again. If I can't get back in touch with the guy, is there anyone else who would be interested in making this saber for TSL? Please!

Unfortunately, I didn't write down the URL of the images I posted to ImageShack, so I am including a link to my yahoo photos instead. Here are the screenshots again...

http://photos.yahoo.com/mr_g_23

There are many other things here, just look for the lightsaber album at the top of the page.

MdKnightR

Archived