Home

Mod Requests Thread (#5)

T7nowhere

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by The_Maker

You might want to check This out, I use it and I think it rocks :D

Edit: Btw, Darth Smaug... did you get my email regarding your request?

I know about it!!! I would just like a black or dark chrome/ polished look with the same style helmet but closed off over the head (like an olympic cyclist helmet) I would also love a long black cape/robe draping over that great armour.

Thats all I ask for really. :D

Originally posted by jessegp

This is kind of a two part request

Is there a mod that allows ol' hk47 to weild a light saber? Because it would be cool. My opinion.

And is it even possible I'm just curious as to whether the animation set is there for sword weapons or if maybe something else is standing in the way of doing this type of mod.

HK's model (and all the droids for that fact) do not have melee animations so the best you would get would be them standing still with people dying around them. And before you ask we cannot yet add animations to models so we cannot make a saber weilding droid.

Originally posted by Jackel

HK's model (and all the droids for that fact) do not have melee animations so the best you would get would be them standing still with people dying around them. And before you ask we cannot yet add animations to models so we cannot make a saber weilding droid.

Well... we can, but it won't look very pretty :p

^^^

There's already a mod for that on PCgamemods. While I love the idea of HK wielding two lightsabers, (Reminds me of Grievous) there are no animations for that. If HK attacks someone, he'll just stand there, doing nothing, though the NPC will suffer damage. It is not very good looking. As far as I understand it, giving certain mdoels new animations is impssible.

I figured that was the case I attempt the direct method just giving hk the feat and spawning but the feat wasn't enough to allow for the equiping of a lightsaber. I figured I could get around that but no point if there wasn't the animation set to begin with. Any my idea was since time to time in the EU you see a resurrection of sorts or possession I was going to make a mod were you could bring a broken hk 47 to ajunta's tomb where he could become possessed by aj and thus would enjoy weilding the light saber. Oh sweet idea I miss thee.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

^^^

no animations for that. If HK attacks someone, he'll just stand there, doing nothing, though the NPC will suffer damage. It is not very good looking.

It would look amazing. The droid posseses Dark Side powers which enables his Central Processing Unit to inflict damage. All one needs is imagination. :D

one idea i had, but dont have the time to even think about starting this myself -

I HATE the generic clothing that the guys get stuck with in these games. they just look terrible. Legs are just not even close to right, and the torso looks like a barrel with arms.

back in kotor1, redhawke i think it was, did a mod that changed the clothing for the guys into jolee's clothing. I'd like to take that idea and change it into kotor2. not jolee because that model isnt in kotor2 (as i have ben told, then checked out in my in-frequent off hours *shakes fist at his boss*), but rather use the model from the disciple's clothing. it looks a tad bit different then the normal clothing for the males in the game, shape wise and other things, so im assuming it uses a different model, but i have no idea.

If someone could look into changing the male clothing into something based off the disciple's outfilt i would be greatly appriciative. I imagine it would involve some apperance.2da editing, uti files, and some photoshop work. Or failing that, making some equipable item that changed the body to that of the disciple, and left the head alone. some new light armor or something. *shrug*

i dunno. oh well. time to head to work -.-

Droids are not force sensitive.

*COUGH* :newbie: *COUGH * ;)

But indeed it would be an interesting boss battle if you fought a super uber mega HK-<Insert Fun Number Here> and then you get all these upgrades and stuff for killing him :D

*sigh*

Originally posted by Bobo

ive been High on zelda for a few weeks now lol.

A few years here. I'm only saving my GC for the new one. A lot of the stuff you said would be possible, and a lot wouldn't.

A head could possibly be done, but since we can only adjust verts on head models, you'd have to find an ingame head that sort of resembles him already, so no using the bald doctor or anything. Ears could probably be done. The hoodie could be modeled as a helmet, but it would have no animations, so it wouldn't seem like cloth, more like green iron.

The tunic may be possible, but you'd have to get someone experienced with body models to do some vert-moving.

Hylian Shield - How does this look impossible at all? Modelling a shield is possible, and putting it on the back of the hand would be easy. It'd just look weird being twirled around and treated like a sword.

Actual Link sounds from the games can't be used, as that would be a port, and is against forum rules.

As for Antizac's Link, sure you could port his stuff, but there's the animation factor for the body, so that's a no-go. He's a nice guy though, he'd probably let you port his sword and shield.

As for the fairy, not to sure if you can give the PC a puppet like the remote, that's scripting business. But if you could remodel it, it probably wouldn't look too realistic, as you couldn't animate the wings to flap, nor would it have that same glow as the original fairies.

I think that covers everything but the sword. I have one untextured sitting around in a folder somewhere, if I find it, I could possibly finish it when I get a chance, though I'm already working on one mod, and I also have to fix a model for a friend when I find the time, so it's not too high on my priorities.

-------

Now for my request. This was deleted from the last thread due to the forum failure, so I'll re-post it. Anyone who likes playing with head models, could you possibly fix that annoying line going down the middle of Atton's head? A lot of head/body models ingame have this problem, but his is by far the worst. I think it was to do with the UVmapping. Or the texture itself, as all the areas that create those lines are on the edge of the texture.

Droids are not force sensitive.

:D My post was created along the lines of a "joke".

LMAO.

Sooooo sad. If you were a Sith Lord, the Sith would be doomed. :D

Then again, you do lack a sense of humour......so you are similar to the Emperor Palpatine. :p

I have a request for a mod I am working on. I am doing a party item pack with items specific to each party member. What I would like done is for someone to model a blaster pistol that would be Atton's blaster. It would really improve the mod since the pistols the game gave us are sub-par.

Um...I know this is a stupid request, but has anyone noticed that the boots for the character models in TSL (when jedi robes are equipped) are horribly blocky and misshaped compared to the ones in KotOR 1, which were more detailed and had that shiny/polished leather effect? Visually, that always bugged me...if someone could improve that for TSL, that would be great.

:D

As I understand it, you're not allowed to transfer stuff between the two games, but if anyone could make those improvements to TSL somehow that'd be great.

Oh and is it possible to make Darth Revan's robes (as seen when you meet his/her vision in the Korriban tombs) a unique item in game? (The reason I ask is because in KotOR 1 the cape at the back was not animated, which looked kind of weird, and if I remember correctly the one you saw in the Korriban tombs in TSL was.)

Thanks in advance, if anyone gets around to this.

Originally posted by mattay

Um...I know this is a stupid request, but has anyone noticed that the boots for the character models in TSL (when jedi robes are equipped) are horribly blocky and misshaped compared to the ones in KotOR 1, which were more detailed and had that shiny/polished leather effect? Visually, that always bugged me...if someone could improve that for TSL, that would be great.

:D

As I understand it, you're not allowed to transfer stuff between the two games, but if anyone could make those improvements to TSL somehow that'd be great.

Oh and is it possible to make Darth Revan's robes (as seen when you meet his/her vision in the Korriban tombs) a unique item in game? (The reason I ask is because in KotOR 1 the cape at the back was not animated, which looked kind of weird, and if I remember correctly the one you saw in the Korriban tombs in TSL was.)

If I had greater knowledge of modeling I might be able to take up your first request but I qm affraid I cannot. Also, believe it or not...the revan cape in the tomb is the exact same one as in Kotor, it still has the clipping problems but the devs gave the "ghost revan" simple animations that did not involve lots of movement so us who are less expierienced at modding wouldn't be able to the tell the model has bugs ;)

Originally posted by mrock

request mod for TSL

No restricting party members joining you when on Malachor 5

Here is a quick hack which should allow you to bring along party members on malachor. Unpack and put the contents in your override folder.

In the first area where you crash, you can access the party selection screen and pick party members as usual. Mira, Bao-Dur, G0T0, HK-47 and Kreia will be unavailable due to story reasons.

In the second outdoors area, Malachor Depths, you can't change your party, but you can backtrack to the first area if you wish to change the party setup. (It's a quick hack after all :) )

Inside the main Academy area, you can change your party on the party screen again. Mira will also be available though the others mentioned above will stay dimmed down. The Proving grounds, Crescent and Trayus Core remains party locked, so select the party you want before entering those.

Be warned that this has only been minimally tested, so I can't promise it won't behave oddly in some situations since the game doesn't expect the player to have a party at that point.

Hint: Add Mandalore to the party and ask him about the planet while in the first area where you crashed. Apparently he has some dialog talking briefly about Malachor.

If you'd like, I can make a mod for that. However, I would strongly recommend against it; there are clipping issues with the cape, force powers come out of the ground, the camera is always bobbing up and down during combat, when you talk to NPC sometimes they won't look at you... And the Exile isn't Revan.

But if you still want the mod, PM me and I'll e-mail it to you.

The cape is not animated, but I'm sure when it can be done some one will do it. As for getting them in game RedHawke released a mod that adds the ability to make them at the workbench, you can get it here.

http://pcgamemods.com/10845

EDIT:

I guess I'll add my request onto this post. I would like to see an edit, for TSL, of the robe tunic model used in Prime's robe mod to look more like a tunic instead of that thing with tails.

To reference something maybe make them look more like the models Xavier2 did for the MECK Project-TheInsidiousPlot mod for Kotor 1.

Thank you.

~

Hello everyone,

I've been wondering if there is a MOD that spawns hostiles with the use of an armband or computer like in KOTOR 1, like the one included in the Holowan Plug-in (the armband)...

And if there isn't, why is that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

~

Hey I have 2 requests for mods

1. A mod that gives you black mandalorian heavy armor or assualt armor without that gay looking hat thing. for KOTOR 1

2. The secound is a mod for KOTOR 1 that changes Malak into Darth Vader with the breething sounds if possible. Mabey even change his voice to sound like Darth Vader. (but I don't think that's possible)

PM me if you can Thanks.

Originally posted by yohan

~

Hello everyone,

I've been wondering if there is a MOD that spawns hostiles with the use of an armband or computer like in KOTOR 1, like the one included in the Holowan Plug-in (the armband)...

And if there isn't, why is that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

~

I think xcom did something a bit similar: http://www.pcgamemods.com/10820/ but I've never tried it.

and the armband was not in the Holowan plug-in but the All-in-one force power mod ;)

Archived