Home

Zelda: Twilight Princess

abespam

confirmed as the name for the new zelda game..link

NEW TRAILER !!!

"When an evil shadow stretches from the heart of Hyrule to its peaceful borderlands, a young farm boy named Link must awaken the hero within and stand tall in defense of his village. Lead Link and his beloved steed into battle against hordes of foul creatures with an incredible horseback combat system, then take on massive bosses that have to be seen to be believed. The last ray of hope for a dying realm, Link finds himself on an epic journey that will challenge him endlessly and transform him in ways unimaginable."

Features

• When Link travels to the darkened land of Hyrule, he transforms into a wolf and must scour the land with the help of a mysterious being named Midna.

• Ride into battle against troops of foul creatures, using an incredible horseback combat system, then take on massive bosses that must be seen to be believed.

• Many puzzles stand between Link and the fulfillment of his quest, so players must sharpen their wits as they hunt for weapons and items.

• Characters include Link, Zelda, Midna and many others, both new and old.

Link, a young man raised as a wrangler in a rural village, is ordered by the mayor to attend the Hyrule Summit. He sets off, oblivious to the dark fate that has descended upon the kingdom. When he enters the Twilight Realm that has covered Hyrule, he transforms into a wolf and is captured. A mysterious figure named Midna helps him break free, and with the aid of her magic, they set off to free the land from the shadows.

Link must explore the vast land of Hyrule and uncover the mystery behind its plunge into darkness. As he does, he'll have to enlist the aid of friendly folk, solve puzzles and battle his way through dangerous dungeons. In the Twilight Realm, he'll have to use his wolf abilities and Midna's magic to bring light to the land.

Besides his trusty sword and shield, Link will use his bow and arrows, fight while on horseback and use a wealth of other items, both new and old."

so the rumours were true.. u can turn into a wolf

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if he's a werewolf and the turning into is forced? Wouldn't that be cool, being in a town, and looking in horror as you see that you spent 5 hours playing that damn minigame and walking out into the town just as you start changing.....

No, thats probably not how it will work jokemaster:

I've read that there are two worlds, normal and the "twilight rhelme" or something. When you enter the twilight rhelme you are forced to transform.

High Definition trailer at http://www.gametrailers.com you'll have to look around for the trailer though, the site is cluttered with new E3 footage.

fixed the spoiler tags ~ET

Originally posted by jokemaster

Yeah, I just read at ign.com that apparently it works that part of the world is in twilight and it's when you enter that area that you turn into a werewolf.

If that is done dynamically as you walk from patches ot light to shadow and back then that will rock.

If its just that cetrain "levels" are light and certain levels are twighlight then its been done a bit to often in the past. (link to the past, other zelda games, soul reaver, etc..)

The lack of posts in htis thread is worrying if you compare it to a few of the other game threads we've had though.

Originally posted by toms

If that is done dynamically as you walk from patches ot light to shadow and back then that will rock.

If its just that cetrain "levels" are light and certain levels are twighlight then its been done a bit to often in the past. (link to the past, other zelda games, soul reaver, etc..)

The lack of posts in htis thread is worrying if you compare it to a few of the other game threads we've had though.

I think it'll be done dynamically, but I don't think it'll be like, say you walk under the shadow of a tree you turn into a wolf. That would be annoying seeing as there'd be a transformation sequence

The lack of posts in this thread means absolutley nothing. This game has been the most anticipated game for the past 2 years. Also, its number 1 at E3 right now. Thats impressive.

There is a night/day system in this game, and a weather system. I don't think it has anything to do with the wolf though.

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess will be released simultaneously around the world some time later in 2005.

I've read that Nintendo plans to release this on the Xbox 360 release date to "combat" Microsoft. Could just be a rumor, but who knows? IGN has changed their release date from June 01, to October 2005. We will see.

i had to wait in line 3 hours right when the showroom opened at 9 to 12 pm just to get inside where they had the playable zelda demo, but freak man, it was worth it.

The controls have not changed that much, so if you are familiar with windwaker and master quest, then getting down TP's controls will be no problem.

There were 2 playable levels in E3, a horseback riding part and a dungeon part, and everyone got a chance to play both.

the horseback riding is really fun. you basically move around with the control stick like you would if you were walking, but if you press A, you can do these small dashes. you only get a limited amount of dashes you can do, but they recharge over time. I had a ball just riding around hitting enemies off their horses. one thing i enjoyed was charging up the sword and getting in a whole crowd of enemies on horses, then doing a spin attack. everyone around me fell off their horses. muahaha.

The dungeon part was pretty cool too. basically the camera is the same in the dungeons as in the other games, cause i heard rumors like last year that the dungeons might done in birds eye view, but they werent in the demo. The new weapon, the Gale boomerang, was pretty cool to use too. Basically, if you held the button for boomerang long enough, it'd charge and then if you threw it it's make a huge gust of wind. this was important in the dungeon boss, where you had to throw the boomerang so it caught a bomb and carried into the boss's mouth.

here are pics of inside the zelda area:

tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp3.jpg

tp4.jpg

tp5.jpg

tp7.jpg

tp8.jpg

tp9.jpg

Nintendo's Zelda information: http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=fce85fe2-688f-4276-a3c2-84e0f270ab8b

IGN Information: http://cube.ign.com/objects/572/572738.html

IGN Images: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/imgs_1.html

IGN Videos: http://media.cube.ign.com/media/572/572738/vids_1.html

Roundtable Transcript: http://cube.gamespy.com/articles/615/615833p2.html

(not Zelda Twilight is set after Majora's Mask, not The Wind Waker)

Wolfos Link Wallpaper: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/lynk/tp_wallpaper.jpg

Interesting Read - The Twilight Princess: http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/mamahara/index.html

You will be able to once you achieve certain objectives, yes. It's always been like that with Zelda games.

Hopefully Nintendo have steered away from the whole text thing and given something new a try for this one.

They won't use voice acting.

Oh and you will be able to name your horse whatever you want.

Well, i've read up on it and it does sound a bit cool.

I didn't know a lot about it, but i'd kind of written it off as a visual remake that was just appealing to those that didn't like the graphical style of the first one.

But after reading that info it looks like its actually a proper sequel, and it sounds pretty interesting. I like the LadyHawke storyline :D .

Reading this thread actually reminded me i hadn't finished ocarina of time, so i've gone back to playing that and once i remembered what was going on i'm enjoying it a lot. Just got to the water temple.

One thing thats bugging me with ocarina is the inventory management though. Having to assign everything to the 3 c buttons is very annoying. Mainly because you often need more than three things, or only need them for a short time. Need to catch some blue flame? Press start. Move to inventory screen, assign bottle to a c button, close inventory screen, use bottle, open inventory screen, change button back to a weapon or whatever you might need at short notice, close inventory screen.

I can't remember quite how the buttons worked in Windwalker, but i'd want something that was a litle less hassle for the new one. Especially if there is a flashlight you need to keep bringing out and putting away.

The new circular inventory systems sounds like an improvement. As long as items are hot assignable by holding the button, moving the c-stick and letting go the button. Simply pressing the button would use it.

I know it won't happen, but being able to move while in first-person mode would be handy too.

Archived