Home

Zelda: Twilight Princess

abespam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The new circular inventory systems sounds like an improvement. As long as items are hot assignable by holding the button, moving the c-stick and letting go the button. Simply pressing the button would use it.

I know it won't happen, but being able to move while in first-person mode would be handy too.

Yeah, it would be nice, but there are only so many buttons on a GCN controller. This game is supposed to have more items in it than OoT, so it will probably use the same method. Not to mention, WindWaker has almost the same setup as OoT and Twilight princess is using the WW engine... so.. same inventory screens, probably.

This game has made me consider getting a Nintendo Revolution.

Now I realize it's for Gamecube.

I'll still probably get Revolution.

Well, its probably best to buy a revolution. By the time it comes out this Zelda would have dropped in price, and you can play it on the Revolution. You might need GCN controllers and a GCN memory card too though.

GCN - GameCube Nintendo

Since the revolution is backwards compatible im sure the controller will be made so that u dont have to plug in the GCN one..

im plannin on getting a revolution than buying all the GCN titles... (i dont have a GCN)

• 1 year later...

Jesus christ, so many movies/reviews/info pouring in and no recent zelda topic? Heresy!

Played it today, it was only a little dungeon level but I loved it. I'm hyped. Ordering Wii monday. Haven't been anticipating a game like that for a long time!

Controls are smooth. While I had some problems at first when switching to bow, one will get the hang of it quick. Sword moves are coolest, shaking right hand and nunchuk voor the spirl moves. The bow aiming didn't go as quick as I thought, but faster than with the analog stick anyways. After a while I think you'll make your own gestures like pulling your bow. Fishing also takes longer than I thought, you need to turn the nunchuk for quite a while before you can land your fish.

Yep lots of good stuff!

http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/twilightprincess/

Articles, pics, vids ... the official site got revamped!

Today I am proud I finally continued Majora's Mask and fckingKILLED THAT BASTARDSONOFA Gyorg!

gyorg.jpg

gyorg2.jpg

quarter HP and game timer 2 mins left till game over. Man I was glad. Frustrations!

Today's 1up Show featured Nate Bihldorff and Bill Trinen from Nintendo of America's game localization department, who revealed some new details on Zelda: Twilight Princess, mostly regarding its length.

Those wondering about the number of dungeons should be happy to hear that TP is full of them. There are nine main dungeons - so, as many as Ocarina of Time (including Ganon's Castle) - as well as lots of smaller areas that could be considered mini-dungeons. The guys also noted that there's tons of stuff to do in between dungeons, so it's not just this repetitive, "Go to this dungeon; alright, now go to the next dungeon, etc." They're spaced pretty far apart time-wise.

Talking about Hyrule Field, Trinen said that TP's main field, not including all the side areas, is at least five times as big as Ocarina of Time's. He also mentioned that the horse battle area in the E3 2005 demo is actually as large as OoT's whole Hyrule Field.

Trinen went on to say that Nintendo of Japan's testing team's first playthrough of the game clocked in at 70 hours. And, he added, that was without getting 100% of the collectibles and such. The main collectibles in Twilight Princess are golden bugs that can be found all throughout the game. Trinen mentioned that they come in pairs, so if you find, say, a male ladybug in a tree, the female one's gonna be around there somewhere. Trinen also noted that most of the collectible items in Twilight Princess will actually prove useful at some point in the game.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be released the same day the Wii launches, on November 19.

<3 <3

I asked how long it took Nintendo's testers to complete the entire game the first time through. The answer is a whopping 70-plus hours. Adding insult to injury, diabolical Nintendo translator and localization manager Bill Trinen told me that he was working on his second play-through of the game. Knowing what to do and where to go, and skipping cut-scenes, Trinen said that he had logged about 27 hours to make it approximately two thirds of the way through the temples themselves - and that doesn't account for any of the side quests or time-sucks like fishing, a single operation that could easily add hours upon hours to Zelda's depth.

Source: Wii IGN

Sweeeeet

I can't wait to get me hands on this game, or a Wii for that matter. I've been a Zelda fan since the golden days of the NES. I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced back at E3 2004. The hype around this game is really huge, but I have no doubt it'll be an instant classic. The last few days have been filled with new media and hands-on impressions and from What I could gather... the game rocks !

Now, I just need to get my hand on a Wii and a copy of the game... :/

A few reviews started popping up. The Hylia's review by TSA (known for his speedruns) covers pretty much every aspect of the game and still remains spoiler free, it's the most complete of the bunch and probably the only one you need to get a good opinion on the game. If you want a second and third opinions though, the other two are also spoiler free, so feel safe to read them as well.

The Hylia - 9.6

http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1163469393&archive=&start_from=&ucat=9&

Gamespy - 5 stars

http://wii.gamespy.com/wii/legend-of-zelda-wii/745573p1.html

UGO - A

http://www.ugo.com/ugo/html/article/?id=15974

Talk about bumping up and old thread, lol. But yeah, I went to walmart today hoping there would be a wii, but of course, there aren't any available in the whole country, except on ebay. They had like 7 or 8 copies of twilight princess though. Man, I want that game. I could of just bought it and starred at the box for the next week or however long it takes me to get a wii.

Archived