Home

Zelda: Twilight Princess

abespam

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played around 29 hours so far, done the 4th dungeon.

What a fantastic game! Running around exploring right now. Lot's of stuff to do, and haven't been bored yet for a second. Hunting some cash, poe's and bugs.

Past dungeons were fun, bosses a bit easy. But the coolness of the 4th one made up for that :)

Played around 29 hours so far, done the 4th dungeon.

What a fantastic game! Running around exploring right now. Lot's of stuff to do, and haven't been bored yet for a second. Hunting some cash, poe's and bugs.

Past dungeons were fun, bosses a bit easy. But the coolness of the 4th one made up for that :)

I also just beat the 4th dungeon I believe. And I have one thing to say.

The spinner is the best item in any zelda game ever.

Also, Ganondorf is still a pimp.

Oh, I beat TP aaaaaages ago lol.

We're not rushing it! I'll have to place the disc somewhere else now though and focus on lovely exams.

And yes Bongo, I agree

The spinner parts were AWESOME

Question for Lynk though. Massive spoilers to those who did not finish game.

Thanks to jerks going "snape kills dumbledore" on me in IRC, some claimed zelda kills link. Just tell me it isn't so, and I'll continue happy ever after with my epic quest to save Hyrule.

Zora Kid is a bit emo. And the fishing hole is fun - beating the rollgoal game

I just beat the 5th temple today. About the midway boss:

Did anyone have an actual strategy for beating him? I ended up beating him by sheer luck and with 1 heart left. I hated that motherf***er.

Basically, just wait for him to close in on you and use your clawshot on the ceiling to go over him. Avoid his attack and quickly run around him and attack his backside while he's recovering from his attack. That's what I did... ;)

I got this for the GC last week and i'm having so much fun with it.

I finished the snow dungeon and thought it was really cool how they made it like a mansion for the yetis. I also thought it was funny how the wife looked like an egg because she's always wrapped in teh blanket and looks like she has no arms.

the only gripe I have is that there's only 2 buttons i can assign to items, x and y. z is to talk to midna, and i don't see why they couldn't have assigned that to one of the unused d-pad buttons, because only up and right were used for items and mapped. But they assigned midna to z, so i can only have 2 items assigned at a time. bahh.

Basically, just wait for him to close in on you and use your clawshot on the ceiling to go over him. Avoid his attack and quickly run around him and attack his backside while he's recovering from his attack. That's what I did... ;)

I tried doing that, but every time I did he just smacked me anyways.

The only gripe I have is that there's only 2 buttons i can assign to items, x and y. z is to talk to midna, and i don't see why they couldn't have assigned that to one of the unused d-pad buttons, because only up and right were used for items and mapped. But they assigned midna to z, so i can only have 2 items assigned at a time. bahh.

Wii has 3 buttons you can map stuff to, as well as whatever you're using ATM, so I can have my bow, my bombs, my boomerang, and my fishing rod all ready to roll at one time.

Wii ftw :xp:

When posting spoilers, mention what it is about ;) Like "5th dungeon spoiler:"

:]

Well coupes, I didn't believe it either. But then it started to hurt me in the head :p Especially since it was packaged with some other info of which I'm already past now. But anyways, I didn't like it at all when I was spoiled like that a long time ago with KoTOR.

Kotor Spoiler:

Imagine playing and already knowing you're revan :(

The roalgoal is evil and it is here to eat your children. I blew probably close to 2000 rupees on that game and probably 3 or 4 hours..

Well I only had around 25 rupees when I discovered the game and made it to level 5. Jesus that is not fun with the gulf :x

@ Alegis:

I wasn't rushing it either, in fact I only have a few poe souls, a few fish and the cave or ordeals to complete and I've completed this game 100%.

Zelda TRIES to kill Link... yes... but she's not quite herself when she does it... I know, it's pretty heavy stuff when you get up to it. There were scans in magazines of Zelda with her sword and armour ready for battle and everyone got excited cause they thought that Link and Zelda would fight side by side, swords in hand... turns out it doesn't go the way anyone expected.

The Zora kid is aright, just cause someone is sad cause their mother died doesn't make them some stupid emo kid. He gets better.

Oh and here's a couple of funny things people really MUST try in the hut in the fishing hole.

One of the thing is that you should look up near the roof and you'll notice some pots, look at them and she'll tell you something funny XD

Second, you can roll in the hut... try rolling into things XD She'll get angry with you, do it enough times and she'll kick you out XD and when you come back in you have to apologise LOL.

Oh and you know that acrobatical minigame in Hyrule Castle Town? After you've completed both challenges there will be "schoolgirls", 3 of them outside of the tent that the minigame is held in... they'll follow you in that area, but keep a distance. If you talk to them they'll scream and say "IT'S HIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!!" do a lil jig cause they're so excited to see you, then run away screaming in excitment that you bothered to come up to them XD It's hilariously funny. When they're about to run away they drop 3 hearts behind.

@ BongoBob: You mean 4 item buttons :p

@ Datheus: I'm upto level 1.8. What's everyone else upto?

Rollgoal is evil indeed. :(

I wanted to at least get to level 1-8 to get the frog lure. After that you start doing some easier puzzles, but with less time. I've heared that if you beat level 8-8 you can play a special version of rollgoal, where you choose the level... now I know I won't spend hours trying to do that :p

You can also get your shoes shined in castle town... I thought this was pretty funny.

Well if you haven't already, go get Rayman Raving Rabbids. It's a mighty fun and enjoyable game, and a pretty good party game.

I enjoyed CoD3, even if the first 3 missions I relied on my allies more than myself. It's got a really steep learning curve. But it's very fun once you get the controls. No multiplayer, but I don't really care about that.

I also rented FarCry, and I've got to say it's pretty f***ing fun. I don't know if the controls are alot better than CoD3, or if they're just more forgiving. But it's still extremely fun.

Also, what was your name before?

item spoiler

I love the ball and chain. It's so fun swinging it around and then hurling it at enemies and seeing them flyyyy away. I also really love the double clawshot, because in that sky dungeon i get to swing around like spider-man!

I really like how the dungeons were designed. They weren't too difficult, but still had some puzzles to them and were very creative. I was in awe with how they made you use the item that you get in those dungeons. The bosses were pretty easy in them, but they were so fun in how you had to use the item to beat them, so nothing much to complain about there.

story question spoiler

Can someone explain the whole Zant and Gannondorf thing? Zant is the ruler of the twilight, but what did Gannondorf had to do with it? Was he the first one to be banished into the twilight, and thus created the whole realm? I didn't beat the game yet, I'm in the middle of the 8th dungeon

Wait just a little more, there's another bit of story right before you fight the boss IIRC. And really, I don't wan't to tell you anything, cause there's still some things to be spoiled about the story at this point.

Ask your question later if you still don't get it though ;)

@ Lightsaberboy: Aright about your last spoiler tagged text....

There is a huge mystery going on with the story. The developers working on TP have said that it's set between Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, the game itself suggests it is set between Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker... there is A LOT of proof within the game that this is so.

However, at the end of Ocarina of Time, Ganondorf is sealed in the Sacred Realm and he vowes to take revenge on Hyrule descendants.

At the beginning of The Wind Waker it is told that Ganondorf, using the Triforce of Power, escaped the Sacred Realm, and took over Hyrule, only to be stopped by the Goddesses who flooded Hyrule, etc, etc, and then the events of The Wind Waker occur.

Now here's where Twilight Princess is inserted into the mix between the two games, which, together without TP, made perfect sense...

Somehow, Ganondorf escaped the Sacred Realm where he was held, got back to Hyrule and got captured yet again after another struggle for Hyrule. Now a lot of us have seen the cutscene with the Sages stabbing Ganondorf before he kills one of them and is thrown into the Twilight Realm... this is the first confusing part of Twilight Princess... uptil that moment, everything made sense to me in Twilight Princess as a story in between OoT and TWW.

I think that Ganondorf was the LAST to be thrown through the Twilight Mirror since his influence over Zant only occured farely recently in terms of the events of TP. He used the Triforce of Power, yada, yada, yada, the events of TP take place. But the thing is that Ganondorf has quite a lack of dialog... he spoke quite a bit in The Wind Waker, about the events of Ocarina of Time, about The Hero of Time, about The Triforce of Courage and Wisdom, Link and Zelda, reuniting the pieces...

But in TP, Ganondorf has nothing to say about anything... just the usual take over Hyrule thing... and then at the end of TP... Ganon dies.... XD Now I know that the Zelda timeline isn't supposed to make any sense at all, but I'm still surprised that the connection between OoT and TWW has been severed like this.

Also, what was your name before?

lukeskywalker1. Lol. :D

I've considered call of duty, and red steel. Far cry got like a 4 or 5 on IGN.. what the heck? Im confused how a console with 60% more power than the GCN has games on it that devs make look worse than what the GCN can produce. Oh well. Im also hoping some games from RARE will appear on the VC console...

I need Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, and Banjo... man... this sucks. Nintendo's biggest mistake was selling Rare.

Selling Rare was an extremely smart thing that Nintendo had done considering the fact that the important people who made Rare great had ALL left the company. Not to mention the fact that Rare was becoming unprofitable... etc, etc... and now Microsoft is stuck with em lol

You can still get all of the old Rare N64 games... through an actual N64 and Ebay. I already have PD and JFG...

Archived