Home

The Official Swamp Episode III Thread ! *Spoilers*

Astrotoy7

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I must say, Jett Lucas was a pretty bad ass young jedi in that scene. Then he got shot. :(

WHOA that was jett??? never would have thought that... but yeah he does own like 10 clones before he bites it...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was mad when order 66 was executed and all the troopers when traitor.. i especially like ki-adi-mundi's death scene, it was done so well

Organa asked antillies to give 3po a memory wipe which would explain the OT behaviour, but what about artoo!!!

Did any see asaaj ventress, when grievous steps outs of his ship after he land on his base? I thought i saw her in the background, but it might of been someone else.. someone look out for it, if ur going to watch it again.

Originally posted by Nalukai

WHOA that was jett??? never would have thought that... but yeah he does own like 10 clones before he bites it...

Yeah, he was awesome as hell.

"SENATOR ORGANA!"

*flips in and cuts up 2 clones*

"HELP!"

*takes out 5 more*

Then he blocks a bit of the blaster fire before taking a shot in the neck. Was sad stuff. :(

The jedi purge was powerful, and I liked how they did Ki Adi Mundi's death. He's starting the charge then you see him stop and slowly turn to confront his fate. He did pretty good considering how many were firing freaking rifles at him.

Well, i thought it was pretty good, but I obviously wasn't as blown away as all you guys.

It was a definate improvement over the other prequels. The dialogue and the acting was just so much more natural than the first two. Overall the plot was pretty good, if very predictable. (but then it would be i guess ;) )

Ewan was much more natural in his role this time, and the chemistry between Ob1 & Anakin and Anakin & Padme was much better.

The code 66 bit, the immolation and the combined birth/reconstruction were all very cool.

I was kind of underwhelmed by a lot of the action scenes though... Grievous was a huge disappointment, loosing Dooku so early was a shame (mainly cos i like christopher lee!) and, for a sith lord that had orchestrated all that, Palpatine turned out to be rather a doddery old wuss. I expected him to break out some leet skillz against Mace or Yoda, but they both pretty much kicked his ass.

The end fight wasn't too inventive either... kind of repetative.

I think i also had a slight problem that i never really got to LIKE Anakin (mainly cos of the 2nd film where he should have been much less whiny) so, even though he was much better in this one, i wasn't hugely affected by his fall.

It was the first digital projection i've seen, and it looked stunning. Very crisp and clear and you could see all the small details. On the whole the sfx were great, but there was still the odd bit of animation that stood out as looking fake (mainly when they made the jedi or ob1's stupid lizard mount do things that didn't look like they obeyed the laws of physics.). These little bits did pull you out of it occasionally.

There were odd bits that didn't make much sense, or seemed contrived. The Qui Gon comment at the end for one. The droids memories/ob1 not remembering them for another.

And I thought that Ani swore alleigence to palpatine a bit too easilly, and then instantly went off killing kids... you would think he might at least have had a few second thoughts at the start.

The endings (vader and twin suns) were cool.

I know that all sounds very negative, but on the whole i did like it.

Its just that it felt like it was 99% there, but missing a little something to make it great.

Maybe i shouldn't have watched clone wars first, as the fights, jedi and bad guys in that kicked more butt. :D

I had a problem with this movie i agree with pretty much everything toms said...to add salt to an open wound, the sound system in the theater was sucky, they had a problem with the bass, and there was this little friggin kid who wouldnt shut the **** up! and i wished he was part of the purge! so my rants...

I know the film was mainly about Anakin and his internal conflicts as well as his problems with the council and what-not.

Im disappointed at how short 'lived' Dooku lived, and how he died. The same for General Grievous, I wanted to see him hunt down some of the Jedi. The way the Jedi died during the purge, especially Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi. Disappointed at how Kit and Plo died.

But then again it was the Jedi Purge and they had to die.

And i got choked up at the Younglings scene as well.

Originally posted by KBell

Wow.......anyone else think Palpatine was having some digestive issues when he was fighting Mace Windu? Ugh......those noices and faces he would make, just were ridiculous.

yeah, that bit did make a few people giggle... was like something out of a low budget sci-fi flick. He looked a lot cooler once he put his hood on. :D

Vader and twin suns ending...?

Sorry. Meant the ending bit when palpie tells vader he killed padme, and his scream. AND the owen/beru/luke twin suns ending. Liked both those bits.

Also, while i'm nitpicking, what was with the death star at the end? How come it took 18 years to finish the first one, and they nearly finished the second one in a year or two? Damn slow cowboy builders! :p;)

Originally posted by InsaneSith

As far as Leia saying she remembered her mother she does say "just feelings, images really" suggesting she really didn't know her mother just a vague 'sense' of her which can easily be ascribed to her sensitivity in the force.

- taken from Havoc Stryphe over at echonet.

I dont know who Stryphe is, but anyway, he omitted Leia saying this:

"She was very beautiful, kind, but sad"

Padme died a mere minute or so after Leia was born. I dont see how these words could be used to describe her..

This wasnt cleared up truly, and will remain in the ether forever more... maybe in the post epIII novels it may be clarified..... in any case I am not sure Leia was even aware of her part of the skywalker lineage..(Like Luke was)

Leia doesnt fully know about her relationship to Luke until ROTJ of course, otherwise she wouldnt have necked him in ESB :p (of course, she does say she has a sense of it)...

Her description of her mother could just as easily perhaps have referred to Bail Organas wife ? Whether she knew she was a foster child, once again, has never been clarified anywhere AFAIK ??

mtfbwya

Alright. Here goes-

The opening sequence was awesome. The best part was the music which was slow, ominous, not a blazing fanfare of trumpets like the other prequels. I also liked the whole thing that there is a huge sun on the backdrop and all, just cool. I loved R2's scenes in the battle, though. When he spills oil and does some uber jets. The theater especially laughed when the battle droid kicks R2.

I was disappointed with Grievous. In the Clone Wars he was shown as a tall, cape-shrouded menace. In Episode 3 he is a coughing hunchback. He also does not utilise his full powers like when was practice-duelling Dooku. Obi was also a bit weak when duelling Dooku, and that's bad. Dooku's execution and McDiarmid's work was just sweet. A flaw I noticed was Ani regretting too much. I mean, sure he can be blinded by anger, but WTH?

As usual, ILM struck with cutting-edge graphics (which is uber-cool). Sound was cool, but I sensed a lack of... heavyness. I mean I didn't get that thunderous shudder, the surround 3D effect. Implementation of the music was great IMO. Duel of Fates for Yoda/Palpy and a slow, emotional track for Obi/Ani was just well-matched.

Frankly, I don't think Grievous' ending was cheap. Grievous wasn't a Jedi, so I wouldn't have second thoughts killing him with a blaster. It's just that the scene was too obvious. The blaster was near Obi, no other weapon, Grievous' chestplate is opened up etc.

There's a question I have, BTW. What was that huge, liquidlike ball where all the crowd was cheering? A :deathstar prototype?

I have read in several areas that Mace's duel with Sidious had some 102 moves and involved three moves. I think someone just made a BIG mistake...

The whole Mace scene was cool, especially the look in his eyes when his hand is cut off. Palpy was also... spine-chilling.

While I didn't like Ani's mental conversion, his physical conversion was just perfect. A pale, horrid look when he resoloves to kill Mace. The eyes on Mustafar, the deformation in the lava etc.

Tantive IV was just sweet, showing the change to a New Hope. The stark white corridors, the new hairstyles and looks, the Lambda-type etc. The Death Star was also no fancy ball, but a boring grey... thing, like in ANH.

Portman and Hayden have done a good job, and the hateful feeling suits Ani's hairstyle. The delivery scene however, was disappointing. Padmé named the babies as if someone was holding a gun to her head. She could break a smile, or something.

The Jedi Purge was a little to fast, but the lamenting music suited it excellently. It is sad, however, that no Jedi was shown to somehow avoid the Clones and land up on Polis Massa or something, but no.

I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see Ani kill the younglings, not even in the security holocomm. The Jedi in the security-thing looked pretty old enough to me...

Kashyyyk was a bit too fast, IMO. I mean, they could have shown the wookies rip off droid limbs and such. Yoda also could have done well in the battle. Yoda's duel with Palpy was also cool, and Palpy's saber moves were awesome. Heck, he looked like the grim reaper!

Obi vs. Ani was without doubt, the best part of the movie. The whole, emotional music, the duel, the words exchanged, they nearly brought me to tears, especially when Anakin catches fire and Obi leaves Anakin down there. The theater cheered when Obi delivers the greatest line: "You were the chosen one!" as well as when Lord Vader starts breathing. But for some reason, Anakin's voice and Vader's voice don't match at all, but Ani's voice may have changed, when he says "I hate you!" on Mustafar, I shuddered back.

On the whole, Episode III is a great, great movie, possibly the best in the saga.

Originally posted by Sabretooth

There's a question I have, BTW. What was that huge, liquidlike ball where all the crowd was cheering? A :deathstar prototype?

I think it was merely an entertainment event...nothing more. Notice the Ooos and the Ahhs and the clapping.

Pal didnt ever mention anything about the empire or its plans (death star, including) until the official meeting.

On top of that, there were several balls...and each were liquid. You could see swimmers of some sort jumping from ball to ball while the crowd applauded.

Sure sabre, put yourself in this position:

your husband killed younglings, went to the dark side, almost choked you to death, and is helping the dark lord of the sith put the galaxy as you know it into darkness; what friends you have left are all going into seclution, you just gave birth to twins that you'll never see grow up, and you're about to die.

Now, aren't you just all smiles? :)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Jeeeez, it seems like some of you will find anything to nitpick.

It was an amazing movie. Nuff said.

heh...but we're fanboys !!! I still think the overall consensus is ROTS = great :)

Im waiting for SpiderAL to come in and tell us how bad it is :)

I do have a nitpick though...... the whole GHOST nusiness !!!! Anakin's Ghost appears at teh end of ROTJ SE DVD... But at the end of ROTS, Yoda only mentions to obiwan that he has to start training to learn how to do this... How does anakin get to do this ?? I was expecting this to come up earlier in ROTS, with anakin and obi both listening in on it...

ah well, maybe the DVD will shed more light on it :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by toms

Palpatine turned out to be rather a doddery old wuss. I expected him to break out some leet skillz against Mace or Yoda, but they both pretty much kicked his ass

his cowering in front of Mace for was Anakin's benefit. he was trying to force Anakin to save him and complete his turn to the darkside.

and i didn't think he did too badly against yoda either.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I do have a nitpick though...... the whole GHOST nusiness !!!! Anakin's Ghost appears at teh end of ROTJ SE DVD... But at the end of ROTS, Yoda only mentions to obiwan that he has to start training to learn how to do this... How does anakin get to do this ?? I was expecting this to come up earlier in ROTS, with anakin and obi both listening in on it...

well he is the chosen one.

besides Qui-gon didn't learn how to do it either, he just discovered it. (due to his obsession with the ‘living force’) had he been at peace when he died (like obi-wan, yoda and Anakin) he too could have come back as ghost.

Obi says "i have the high ground" , so I'm guessing he had some tactical advantage from standing there... obviously it led to decapitating anakin.

Asajj Issue: i swear i read somewhere that she doesnt die when she duels with anakin, i mean in the cartoons she just falls into abyss which is usually a sign of.. ill be back.

Death Star: yeh i was wondering y it takes 18 years to make the death star, but the second death star, bigger and more powerful, takes just a few years, i know it wasnt fully completed but totally out of proportions

Leia's Mother: in ROTJ, luke specifically states, "do u remember ur mother? ur real mother", which i took to mean not ur foster mother, ur biological mother.. ie leia knew she was adopted. Luke also says, "i never knew my mother" infering they are talking about the same person not Bail Organa's wife but Padme...

R2 memory wipe - im sure artoo could of communicated in basic to luke, even if was in the x-wing, i mean "thats right r2 were going to the dagobah system", obviously luke can communicate with the little guy..

Master Cypha-Dias - not sure about the spelling, but the kamineans said that jedi master chypa-dias placed the order for the clones.. does any one know what happened der?

neways i have to admit that mace's death was the best by far (followed by ki-adi-mundi), what a way to go!!!

Btw had anyone seened both digital and normal versions of the film i was wondering what the diferences wer?

Originally posted by abespam

Obi says "i have the high ground" , so I'm guessing he had some tactical advantage from standing there... obviously it led to decapitating anakin.

no decapitation of anakin..his legs and an arm were lopped off...but his head stayed on.

Higher Ground: Anakin had nowhere to go except to jump over obi-wan... and obi-wan warned him he couldn't make it.

Birth: It was a slightly odd birth scene. I know the whole point was that she didn't die from the birth, but from anakin's betrayal (therefore making him responsible for making his dreams true)... but she did kind of go out with a whimper... no contractions or anything... sigh.. pop.. "its a boy!"... and you would have thought obi-wan and yoda would have tried consoling her a bit.

Know your mother?: I think this is just one of those things that didn't quite work out continuity-wise... but there are always a few of those in film series.

Palpy Cowering: I would have got the whole cowering thing, if he wasn't getting his face melted at the time.... :D

These sith lords are hardcore! Willing to get their face melted, or even have their head cut off just to convert anakin.

Qui-gon thing: it was a very "jammed in to fill a plot hole" line from yoda. Didn't make much sense either. Would have been better to have left it ambiguous imho.

Final duel: Good, bit long and repetetive, not as emotional as the end of RotJ one.

Darth Breathes: This was the only bit that got a cheer in our cinema.

I was kind of disappointed not to have some scene of the last few jedi, making a final stand surrounded by armies of clones... as i've had that scene in my mind ever since the clone wars were mentioned in the OT.

All these nitpicks sound more serious in print than they actually are, the film was still pretty cool, and did everythig it needed to to get from A to B. I just think that it could have done it with a bit more Omph!.

ROTS, ANH, ESB and ROTJ make a nice quadrilogy. Not sure i'd include the first two in the set though.

(If i had the energy i'd edit bits of ep1 into ep2 as flashbacks, cut out some of the stupid/stomach churning bits from ep 2 and i bet that would make quite a good movie :D )

Archived