Home

Official Episode 3 Thread

Prime

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Band

Some body still hasnt told me why ani chokes padme.

This is a rather simple one. Because Anakin is angry with her and coincidentally he has also been corrupted by the dark side - making him evil, doing evil stuff... like force-choking the woman he loves.

I loved it! I was feeling so nostalgic the entire time. I even got teary eyed at some points. So cool, so badass, yet so sad...

The good:

- Obi-wan vs. Anakin

Need I say more? I love the "Battle of the Heroes" theme. :D

- R2-D2

Woah, he's really handy.

The bad:

- No complaints from me! ;)

The sad:

- Plo Koon's death

No, I'm serious. It made me depressed when the clones shot him down. Yeah, I played and loved Jedi Power Battles, so I've learned to cherish him. :(

The funny:

- Yoda slamming those two red elite guards to the wall.

:lol:

I gotta say, Ki Adi Mundi's death was the one that really hit it for me. Of course, plo Koon and Aayla were rough too... But Ki Adi is arguably the most important and distinct of the unimportant Jedi characters. He's all like "Lets Go!" and then he turns to see why the troops arent following him and BLAMMO.

I would definately classify this as my 2nd or 3rd favorite in the series. It's an enjoyable movie to a certain degree, but it's REALLY just intense. A very heavy tragedy. I wont go comparing it to Shakespeare of any other well respected and revered tragedy, but for what it is (a science fiction fantasy tragedy in a universe filled with wookies and jawas) it's a damn fine peice of storytelling and excellent cinema.

Originally posted by Scotchy

I gotta say, Ki Adi Mundi's death was the one that really hit it for me.

That is what hit me as well. Just the sure shoke at being betrayed by men he had spent years with.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

For the NOOOOOOOOOO haters.

:lol:

*cough* ;) Well, I had no problems with the "NOOOOOO." Actually, I kinda liked it... <_<;

Anyways, I need to see it again because I hear the Millennium Falcon, the sexiest ship in the SW universe, made a brief appearance...

Originally posted by Scotchy

I would definately classify this as my 2nd or 3rd favorite in the series.

If this one wasn't your favorite, which one was? I thought this one was clearly the best and my favorite.

CONS:

I never got why General Greivous kept coughing did he have a sinus problem to Jedi?

General Greivous being killed so easily, we really never got to saw him do anything fancy with the four lightsabers he carried.

The Planet Aayla Secura was killed on was odd..it looked as if the Clone Troopers and the Twi'lek were stuck in some flower garden

PROS:Everything else!

Speaking of Greivous, when I first heard about a robotic villain with 4 lightsabers (with a name like Greivous, no less), I was convinced he was going to be rubbish and that we were in for another phantom menace - but having seen it, Greivous is actually a great villain - his mannerisms (coughing, the way he moved), his design, voice, lightsabers, those cool beady eyes. I was pleasently surprised; which goes for the whole film actually.

Originally posted by Derc

Anyways, I need to see it again because I hear the Millennium Falcon, the sexiest ship in the SW universe, made a brief appearance...

Is this it? Kind of hard to make out & if it's not, from what I've heard, this is supposed to be the scene it pops up in.

& no I haven't DL the leaked film, just followed a link to the pic over at MF.com...

okay dont think im being irritating but i havent seen the movie yet :(:crybaby: im waiting for the dvd to come out cause the nearest theatre is abt 12-13 miles away but tell me why ani got angry with padme. and please tell me what excactly happened in the senate while yoda and sidious were fighting.

^^^

She unknowingly led Obi to Mustafar; He stowed away. Anakin took it as betrayal & layed the smack down....

The senate.... saber fights, lightning, pods thrown at each other. Just an overview, kind of hard to be exact about anything at 4:36 a.m.

Since you can't see the film you could try picking up the novel. Just an idea.

Or you could go here & read the script. *hopes he doesn't get into trouble for linking that*

*edit* Hmmm...The LF clocks off to my time zone...

*EDIT 2 * You may want to take that with a ton of salt. I just noticed who it was posted by, though it seems to be pretty correct, like it was lifted from the novel itself. Just a heads up.

Originally posted by Darth Band

Last question, does ne1 know why they wipe 3PO's mind?

You could lay off the l33t talk as a favor to all of us, but most importantly to -yourself-, trust me you will be happier without it.

As for your question. 3PO obviously didn't recognise Vader = Anakin = his creator, in the old movies. So they had to explain that somehow and Lucas decided he should wipe his memory. It isn't explained in the movie, maybe it is explained in the novel. Anyone know? Maybe they were afraid Anakin had some supersecret code built into Threepio to spy on them, so they wiped him clean. Although the real reason is = conveniance.

Originally posted by Darth_Krow

CONS:

I never got why General Greivous kept coughing did he have a sinus problem to Jedi?

Likely it was because it needed to be obvious for the audience that Grevious was not a droid.

Originally posted by

Last question, does ne1 know why they wipe 3PO's mind?

He possibly would have known the wearabouts of the exiled Kenobi and Yoda and the location of the twins.

Archived