Home

Official Episode 3 Thread

Prime

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth_Krow

Obviously he isn't totally a droid just take a look at his eyes..

You are correct. Grevious is an alien that had to have droid parts installed on him because of wounds he had suffered. You can tell this when

obi-wan is fighting him and his rib cage is broken and you see his heart beating.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

Is this it? Kind of hard to make out & if it's not, from what I've heard, this is supposed to be the scene it pops up in.

I guess it is... :D But I'll still have to see it for myself on the big screen.

As for Griveous, even though the filming of EPIII was done well before the Clone Wars cartoon(or so I heard), I like the cartoon's explanation of why he coughs.

Here are screenshots of that scene btw, for those who haven't seen the cartoon.

EDIT- Gah. Fixed Typos. -_-;

Originally posted by Derc

As for Griveous, even those the filming of EPIII was done well before the Clone Wars cartoon(or so I heard), I like the cartoon's explanation of why he coughs.

Here are screenshots of that scene btw, for those who haven't seen the cartoon.

Ahh, so that's why he coughs. I had figured it was from the clone wars but didn't know they actually put that part in the clone wars tv show.

Originally posted by montnoir

Obviously, the Millennium Falcon is bigger and clearer, on the big screen, so go watch Ep 3 ASAP :D !

I'm off school monday, so I'm gonna go see it again, I'll have to watch for that. ;)

Hm, i'm guessing Han Solo or the Exchange stole the ship soon after EpIII, because I doubt either of the two would want to be on Coruscant would they?

Lando Calrissian had the falcon before han and han won it gambling.

Lando and Han are like... 8 - 11 years old in Episode 3 so I'd venture a guess and say the Falcon isn't theirs, at the time it is spotted in the movie.

...I doubt either of the two would want to be on Coruscant would they?

What's wrong with Coruscant? It is filled with opportunity, gambling and girls... it sounds like the right place for both me... errrm, I mean Lando and Han to be.

Obviously contains ep3 spoilers.

First off it is a damn good movie with the right star wars feel and it's dark as shyte.

But it does contain some fatally bad scenes that just grate on my nerves here goes:

4. Old man Palpatine makes Yoda jumps and is a lightsaber master of Yodas caliber... Yeah, yeah, you and Lucas can explain it in so many ways that he is equal to Yoda in the Force and all that jazz - I just don't buy it, that the old fart can do it (same goes for Dooku and his introduction jump over the railing... puh-lease)

3. The rushed naming of leia and Luke, 2 names out of the blue... it just felt tacked on and badly handled

2. Anakin goes from being a doubting Jedi to a murderous rabid killer of women and children in a matter of minutes. He is a doubting Jedi, he kneels before Palpatine, he goes to the temple and kills defenseless children... utter nonsense.

1. Vader rips off his restraints and makes the Frankenstein walk and roars an overclichéed "NOOOO!" - it's an homage but it really just screams "STUPID!" to me.

4. Ok, Yoda walks with a cane but it's believable that he can jump and flip? It's called the Force look into it. ;)

3. Women who are pregnant start thinking about names when they find out they area pregnant so don't be so shocked.

2. Did you watch any of the movies? It happened over 2 and 3. Palpatine was constantly in Anakin's head and remember Padme dieing? That played a big part.

1. I have to agree with that. :D I didn't think it was stupid but slightly cheese worthy.

Originally posted by Hannibal

4. Ok, Yoda walks with a cane but it's believable that he can jump and flip? It's called the Force look into it. ;)

I can believe in Yoda being an acrobatic ninja who enhances his old body with the Force. I can not believe the same about the old fart Palpatine. The Force only enhances skills you posess, the Force doesn't GIVE you skills. I do not believe Palpatine has acrobatic skills. Thus I can not believe he can do the things he is shown to do.

3. Women who are pregnant start thinking about names when they find out they area pregnant so don't be so shocked.

Gee, you don't say?! Anyhow, it doesn't change the fact that the names of Luke and Leia are slapped in the audience's face without any prior reference. There should have been a scene between Padme and Anakin, her saying "What about names?", it would have taken 2 seconds of screen time and then it wouldn't have felt so out of the blue. The same goes for the naming of Darth Vader, which also was dropped with no reference whatsoever (no I don't care Palpatine has had time to think a name up in his world! I and I imagine many other SW fans wanted an on-screen reference. Even without a reference, it could have been done without the name-dropping aftertaste we were left with).

2. Did you watch any of the movies? It happened over 2 and 3. Palpatine was constantly in Anakin's head and remember Padme dieing? That played a big part.

You mean the 5 seconds when Anakin slays the village of Sand people and the 2 minute talk between him and Padme immediately after? Hm, ok...

My beef was that, Anakin was a doubting Jedi when he raced to Palpatine and tried to talk Mace down. Then a screen-minute later he walks off to slaughter innocent children. I understand his motives and I agree with them, but the scene makes him TOO bad, TOO fast.

Besides even the evil Ep 5 Vader is the honorable bad guy, he is not a psychopathic killer of children.

1. I have to agree with that. :D I didn't think it was stupid but slightly cheese worthy.

On my second view, I didn't think it was as cheese as the first time. "UNLIMITEEEEED POWEEEEER" possibly was even more cheesier than the first time, though.

Nevertheless, still a superb movie!

You mean the 5 seconds when Anakin slays the village of Sand people and the 2 minute talk between him and Padme immediately after? Hm, ok...

My beef was that, Anakin was a doubting Jedi when he raced to Palpatine and tried to talk Mace down. Then a screen-minute later he walks off to slaughter innocent children. I understand his motives and I agree with them, but the scene makes him TOO bad, TOO fast.

For Ep 2 I was talking about his arrogance and his love for Padme and the fact that he didn't want to lose her. In Ep 3 all that comes to a final decision. In the scene where they show Anakin waiting in the council chamber and Padme looking at the Jedi temple Anakin basicly decides that Palpatine can't be destroyed because he believes that Palpatine is the only one who can help Anakin save Padme.

IMO Anakin put his own feelings above all else. The fact that he didn't want to lose Padme superceded his Jedi Training and any ties he had to them.

But it's 2 different opinions. I saw minor things in the film I thought could've been better myself. It is my #1 favorite SW movie now though. Then ESB, ROTJ, ANH, AOTC and TPM.

Anyhow, it doesn't change the fact that the names of Luke and Leia are slapped in the audience's face without any prior reference. There should have been a scene between Padme and Anakin, her saying "What about names?", it would have taken 2 seconds of screen time and then it wouldn't have felt so out of the blue.

We've known what the names were going to be for 28 years. They need no explanation. Not everything has to be on screen. We all know they had the name conversation...

Archived