Home

Official Episode 3 Thread

Prime

Originally posted by montnoir

Anyhow, it doesn't change the fact that the names of Luke and Leia are slapped in the audience's face without any prior reference. There should have been a scene between Padme and Anakin, her saying "What about names?", it would have taken 2 seconds of screen time and then it wouldn't have felt so out of the blue.

We've known what the names were going to be for 28 years. They need no explanation. Not everything has to be on screen. We all know they had the name conversation...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved that scene before the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight.

Anakin: You turned her against me!

Obi-Wan: You have done that yourself.

Anakin: You will not take her from me!

Obi-wan: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that. You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Anakin: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire.

Obi-Wan: Your new Empire?

Anakin: Don't make me kill you.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!

Anakin: If you're not with me, you're my enemy.

Obi-Wan: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

*lightsaber activates*

Quite the drama. ;)

Originally posted by Hannibal

It is my #1 favorite SW movie now though. Then ESB, ROTJ, ANH, AOTC and TPM.

I found ESB to be quite boring cause the only things after the battle of hoth were space chases and jedi training then capture and duels(babyish) then freezing and escape. end movie.

Ill agree wit u abt it being my fav mov. cause i saw the trailer and its AAAA++++++++++++ !

Till now my fav mov was AOTC then "The Italian Job"

I found ESB to be quite boring cause the only things after the battle of hoth were space chases and jedi training then capture and duels(babyish) then freezing and escape. end movie.

Ill agree wit u abt it being my fav mov. cause i saw the trailer and its AAAA++++++++++++ !

Originally posted by Derc

I loved that scene before the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight.

Anakin: You turned her against me!

Obi-Wan: You have done that yourself.

Anakin: You will not take her from me!

Obi-wan: Your anger and your lust for power have already done that. You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now... until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Anakin: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire.

Obi-Wan: Your new Empire?

Anakin: Don't make me kill you.

Obi-Wan: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic... to democracy!

Anakin: If you're not with me, you're my enemy.

Obi-Wan: Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

*lightsaber activates*

Quite the drama. ;)

i think thats got to be one of the bests bits in the film i love them lines, just a great bit of the film.

I have to admit that i never really cared much for SW movies. I watched the old ones and i liked them. That's pretty much it.

EPI and EPII were way to immature and had no real story. The guy who played Anakin was also annoying (more on him later).

Well anyway. The thing that made me go watch EPIII is KOTOR (awesome game), and i have to say i'm very impressed by the quality of the story, the battles and just about everything else. This episode is clearly one of the best. It has its flaws (with which i won't bother typing now because they were already mentioned earlier), but they didn't distract me from the movie. Lucas really regained his reputation with this one.

I mentioned earlier that Anakin really got on my nerves in EPII. He was just not fit for the role back then. In EPII on the other hand, he was much better (maybe he grew up :D ). Maybe this guy is not so bad as i thought after all.

And to end this comment: John Williams ROCKS.

Did anyone notice when Palpatine was striking Mace Windu with his force lightning that his face become more wrinkly and older? Did this happen, because the force was being drained from him or was it because Mace was deflected the strikes back at Palpatine?

Originally posted by Darth_Krow

Did anyone notice when Palpatine was striking Mace Windu with his force lightning that his face become more wrinkly and older? Did this happen, because the force was being drained from him or was it because Mace was deflected the strikes back at Palpatine?

I believe it was because Mace was blocking it, and he was forcing it closer to Palpatine. That's the impression I was under.

The best scene I thought of the movie was when Anakin [Lord Vader] marched up the Jedi Temple's stairs, but I really wish they made the Temple much longer then showing the outnumbered Jedi being killed, by the Clones and Anakin about to strike down the Bear Clan.

Originally posted by Prime

We've known what the names were going to be for 28 years. They need no explanation. Not everything has to be on screen. We all know they had the name conversation...

NO we don't! This is Episode 3. We've never heard about Luke or Leia, an explanation is in order. The same goes for Vader.

"It's their names in the old movies" isn't an explanation nor a reason.

Obi-Wan chases after Grievous. He drops his lightsaber. Cut to a shot of Commander Cody picking it up. Cut back to Obi-Wan. Later Cody gives Obi-Wan back his lightsaber. Did they need to show that? We all "KNOW" that Cody picked it up when Obi-Wan dropped it, so why show it?

Originally posted by Darth_Krow

The best scene I thought of the movie was when Anakin [Lord Vader] marched up the Jedi Temple's stairs, but I really wish they made the Temple much longer then showing the outnumbered Jedi being killed, by the Clones and Anakin about to strike down the Bear Clan.

In "The Illustrated Script" by George Lucas. The "Order 66" scene is much longer as well as the Temple fight. Hopefully those scenes were filmed and will be restored on the "deleted scenes", that would be SO awesome!

Archived