toms

Score out of 10?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Score out of 10?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mike Windu

If they had used some obscure music from EP 12456 then it would not have mattered to me. Or if they had changed it around a little.

So I assume you were pretty pissed when they re-used the Imperial march at the end of Episode II? Or all the little renditions of it in III? And the emperors theme, don't forget that they've been using that in these last couple of movies too. What about the very end of RotS? What about the love song from AotC?

I have no idea what you mean by "After being featured so prominently" but like I said, I was GLAD they didn't waste time on something that overall, didn't progress the plot line, which was already a LITTLE hurried due to sheer volume of matter that had to be dealt with, they gave us the battle, then moved on to important things.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

So I assume you were pretty pissed when they re-used the Imperial march at the end of Episode II? Or all the little renditions of it in III? And the emperors theme, don't forget that they've been using that in these last couple of movies too. What about the very end of RotS? What about the love song from AotC?

I have no idea what you mean by "After being featured so prominently" but like I said, I was GLAD they didn't waste time on something that overall, didn't progress the plot line, which was already a LITTLE hurried due to sheer volume of matter that had to be dealt with, they gave us the battle, then moved on to important things.

I noticed it, but I wasn't pissed at the Imperial March because it fit. DotF however, seemed very out of place. I don't recall if they created a new theme for the Dooku duel from EP2, but hey, I figure if you're gonna make a song for a duel then leave it in that duel and make another for another big duel.

Glad they didn't use it in the Ani/Obi duel at the very least.

I dunno, maybe it's my pure hatred at DotF's overuse. Maybe I watch stupid fanfilms so much that DotF has become so cliche to me. XD

After being featured and showcased and "OMG THERE'S GONNA BE THIS HUGE WOOKIEE BATTLE AND IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME AND OMG T3H ROXXORS THERE'S GONNA BE CHEWIE IN HERE AND HE'S GONNA KICK SOME ASS WITH THE REST OF THE WOOKIES!"

Overhyped, yes.

But it is what I wanted to see, and surely some others agree? Yes.

tee kay you can come in now >_>

Originally posted by Prime

If you don't like this film, you don't like Star Wars.

Word.

This movie moved me mentally and emotionally. I think I have been changed, mainly due to the way that Anakin causes Darth Sidius to kill Mace Windu. Mace could have ended it right there, there would be no more evil or betrayals happening. It was extremely dark. I understood why some critics had cried when watching it. I also was saddened by Order 66 and the death of almost every Jedi. The way the clone troopers just turned without question and betrayed the Jedi was scary for me.

:fett:

I do like it, I'm just being nitpicky because it didn't live up to my expectations and I'm explaining why.
I suppose that's what you get for giving in to hype and over-indulging on spoiler material. I stayed as spoiler-free from this movie as I could, and I was COMPLETELY blown away by it.

and if DotF seemed out of place I would say you're just TRYING to find things to dislike, honestly. For me the music was all mood-setters, and the first time I saw it I honestly didn't even NOTICE it was DotF playing, it was just emotional driving music.

I suppose some people just can't be satisfied. :giveup:

I suppose that's what you get for giving in to hype and over-indulging on spoiler material. I stayed as spoiler-free from this movie as I could, and I was COMPLETELY blown away by it.

Dude, I was spoiled like the whore with the heart of gold pimp (haha, chinese cinema!). This movie still surprised me. It's one thing to hear about stuff, and see stills. It's a completely different thing to see it. It surpassed all my expectations, and I knew a lot of what was going to happen.

and if DotF seemed out of place I would say you're just TRYING to find things to dislike, honestly.

I suppose some people just can't be satisfied. :giveup:

Too true. You people need to lighten up, you treat these movies as if they're mind altering cinematic features that complete change you vision of life and reality.

As someone that talks to mike on AIM, he does this with just about everything :)

Anyhoodles, I am hoping to see it again tomarrow. Being spoler free really helped the experience for me. My friend is staying the night, and we both have monmey to pay for our own tickets. We'll take the bus if we have to. Being spoler free really helped the experience for me.

And the Episode III game is a great addition to the movie, because of all the extra stuff, such as

anakin lifting up the jedi librarian wiht the force and pulling her into his saber

I think I'll buy like 9 copies of this when it comes out >.> <.<

I don't do this with LotR. :p

I dunno. I'll see it a second time, possibly a third. I mean I like the movie, don't get me wrong. (how many times have I said that here...)

It's just stuff that I disliked in it. I'm not TRYING to find it. It's just noticeable to me.

7/10 for now.

It only started to get good after mace's dead, which is an excellent scene.

Battles were too superficial and short, just some quick views over kashyyyk and the dinosaur planet. Fights with dooku and grievous were dissapointing as well, too quick done and grievous really didn't kick any ass as much as he does in the clone wars series.

The scene on mustafar was easily one of the best out of the entire star wars saga. Not because of the fight but because the acting looked real and if you didn't really believe Anakin to be evil by then, the image of him getting on fire and showing his anger must have.

Vader's Nooo was a bit too much.

Mustafar port felt like Knights Of the Old republic, one small port/city on an entire planet where almost no one is.

EP II surpasses this film in being good in overall length, this one had its moments.

Originally posted by Alegis

7/10 for now.

Battles were too superficial and short, just some quick views over kashyyyk and the dinosaur planet. Fights with dooku and grievous were dissapointing as well, too quick done and grievous really didn't kick any ass as much as he does in the clone wars series.

Vader's Nooo was a bit too much.

Success! XD

I was dissappointed by Grievous in the movie. They play him out to be some badass and has a good part in the movie because hell, he's the general of the droid army.

*goes to watch Clone Wars Grievous*

I gave it 10/10. I thought this movie was awesome, and i can't wait to see it for the third time. (I'm waiting cause i don't wanna get burned out) I did feel the beginning was rushed as did ET, but after the second time, it was perfect. I guess i can't say i was mad about how anything happened, or that they didn't show enought of one thing, becuase i went in with no expectations.

I was dissappointed by Grievous in the movie. They play him out to be some badass and has a good part in the movie because hell, he's the general of the droid army.

Well, Ep III isn't about General Grievous, it's about Anakins turn to the dark side, so i can't say i'm disapointed by him this movie. Plus I already had a feeling he was going to be the Darth Maul of Ep. III. And it's possible you are finding many things wrong with it because it didn't happen the way that you had hoped? going into a movie such as this with super high expectations of certain things happening the way you want it to, might be why you feel that way.

I have to laugh at everyone whose argument about greivous includes "He was played up to be this great badass etc."

How much time was Greivous in ANY trailers? he was NEVER played up to be a badass as far as the movie was concerned. Sure, he was wicked tough in the Clone Wars series, but the clone wars aren't RotS, now are they?

He was played up to be a supreme badass in this movie in YOUR MIND. And so I have no sympathy for anyone who is upset about his role. He played the part that needed to be played.

He was played up to be a supreme badass in this movie in YOUR MIND. And so I have no sympathy for anyone who is upset about his role. He played the part that needed to be played.

Correct.

*sniffs* I smell the burning flesh of fanboys.

Yeah I had high expectations. I also had high expectations for other trilogies as well. Matrix failed me, but LotR did not.

I guess I expect each movie to be as good as the last. But I can't complain about that becaue EP3 is indeed better than EP2.

XD

I had feelings that Grievous would be the next Darth Maul, Feanaro. Sadly, he turned out to be somewhat sucky.

*flesh doesn't burn*

Archived